Go-Jek is coming...by end of October

Iiiusion

Will the new entrant come up with super discounts until like last time everybody was addicted to cheaper than bus far cab fares by Uber until now all kenna withdrawal effect due to addiction of Uber promo codes.... last time all just waiting for the codes;  my wife so addicted with below $1/- fares from time to time for a 4km distance    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Will the new entrant come up with super discounts until like last time everybody was addicted to cheaper than bus far cab fares by Uber until now all kenna withdrawal effect due to addiction of Uber promo codes.... last time all just waiting for the codes;  my wife so addicted with below $1/- fares from time to time for a 4km distance    

This is true, last time when during the promo codes from uber, i was also very addicted to take uber many times per week to work and sometimes even go home, so lazy to take bus. But now no more taking any PHV, unless no choice.

Will the new entrant come up with super discounts until like last time everybody was addicted to cheaper than bus far cab fares by Uber until now all kenna withdrawal effect due to addiction of Uber promo codes.... last time all just waiting for the codes; my wife so addicted with below $1/- fares from time to time for a 4km distance

That’s why Uber bleed lo

This is true, last time when during the promo codes from uber, i was also very addicted to take uber many times per week to work and sometimes even go home, so lazy to take bus. But now no more taking any PHV, unless no choice.

Especially the 5 x $6 promo code from Uber. To and fro to the mall at my place is FOC!!!

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/go-jek-confirms-its-coming-singapore-november?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1539162799#xtor=CS1-2

Go jek no more tie up with ComfortDelGo.. So means the supply of cars will not be that a lot at least for the 1st month.

Hopefully go jek will be able to survive and then fight with grab and ryde. That will be a healthy competition.

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/go-jek-confirms-its-coming-singapore-november?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1539162799#xtor=CS1-2

Go jek no more tie up with ComfortDelGo.. So means the supply of cars will not be that a lot at least for the 1st month.

Hopefully go jek will be able to survive and then fight with grab and ryde. That will be a healthy competition.

So that those promo code will be back. Lol.

So that those promo code will be back. Lol.

Erm, depends.. Coz not all riders will be looking for the cheapest. Some just want a quick reliable ride. So if go jek for the 1st few months prove to be not reliable in getting a ride and keep got no car. End up whatever promo also no use.

Currently grab is very lucky as there are still many drivers who never cherry pick. If majority of drivers cherry pick. Things will not work out already. So as it is, I still feel LTA should set rules that for all ride hiring companies to not to reveal pickup and drop off location and fares until driver clicked pickup. This is to prevent drivers from cherry picking. Let's see how go jek due with these cherry pickers, as grab had introduced timeout, min cancelation rate to maintain, all to clamp down cherry pickers. When go jek is launched, surely a lot of cherry pickers will jump to go jek and that will be a headache for go jek to handle.

There are many times I fetched rider and they told me very difficult to get a car, got a few time, they waited for 10 to 15 minutes then have a car which I accepted, got one even more tok Kong, he tried from justgrab, grabshare, grabcar, grabfamily age 4 to 7, all no car. Then he tried grabfamily age 1 to 3, got car which is me who accepted. That time the pickup location is at cbd and go to Scotts road and cost him 21 bucks and he still book. So basically this guy, just don't care how much as long as can get a ride can already. So you see..

Waiting for more accident involving motorbike to happen if this is approve.

No motorbike ride service, only private hire car service. So it will still be the same. Edited by Yewheng

Without revealing the pickup and drop off location and fares is the best. This is why last time easy to get car from uber. Now Grab sometimes also hard to get a car, esp if the location you are going is "ulu".

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged

1 more week will be November liao, the Go-Jek app is not even available. Also no news about how many drivers/cars are being hired. What's happening man?

1 more week will be November liao, the Go-Jek app is not even available. Also no news about how many drivers/cars are being hired. What's happening man?

Don't know, seems like go jek previously very enthusiastic and is quick to announce will come to Singapore market. But after diving deeper into singapore market and then realize, it will be a very big challenge and will even lose money. But they already committed by the announcement so die die have to stick to it. That's my assumption. So let's see by Nov whether go jek is coming or not or is it still delaying to find a good strategy for it to work out.

Without revealing the pickup and drop off location and fares is the best. This is why last time easy to get car from uber. Now Grab sometimes also hard to get a car, esp if the location you are going is "ulu".

You feedback to LTA lor. If a lot people feedback to LTA, perhaps LTA sees WA so many people feedback, must do something about it. I had done my job in feedback but one person not enough to make things happen. Edited by Yewheng

There are many times I fetched rider and they told me very difficult to get a car, got a few time, they waited for 10 to 15 minutes then have a car which I accepted, got one even more tok Kong, he tried from justgrab, grabshare, grabcar, grabfamily age 4 to 7, all no car. Then he tried grabfamily age 1 to 3, got car which is me who accepted. That time the pickup location is at cbd and go to Scotts road and cost him 21 bucks and he still book. So basically this guy, just don't care how much as long as can get a ride can already. So you see..

Just wondering why he didn't try to hail a taxi ?

For me, if it's peaked hours traffic, it may mean an hour just to turn around go to cbd, brave another traffic jam back to Scotts Rd.

The problem with ride hailing is that drivers are being asked to go to a certain place, where pickup condition may not be that great.

Whereas, a hailed taxi is already there. He doesn't need to go to another place for a pickup. He doesn't need to look for a unknown rider, who may be late, not there, or find himself in an impossible place to wait.

This will not change. The advantage is with taxi who can do street pickups.

As for me, I'll go offline in those kind of situation and drive away to some place else.

Delayed till November. This time should be confirmed. 

talk and talk for months , months after months say launching in SG but no where to be seen.

most proabaly got board of directors opposed so kept talking.

SG so small a country how long ROI woh if throwing money to give promo to riders as well as rewarding drivers gaogao better than crappy. 

↡ Advertisement