Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

Workers' Party took on a town council which was 'stripped of its computer system': Defence

The audit reports that two town councils are basing their lawsuits against Workers’ Party (WP) Members of Parliament and other defendants on fail to recognise the circumstances they were in, including taking on a town council which was “stripped of its town council management computer system (TCMS)”, the defence said on Monday (Oct 8).

Hard for opposition town councils to find managing agents, AHTC’s previous vendor an ‘unwilling horse’: Defence

Opposition town councils face difficulties finding managing agents that are willing to do the job, which is why the Workers’ Party (WP) turned to FM Solutions and Services (FMSS) to manage Aljunied-Hougang Town Council, said the defence on Monday (Oct 8).

AHTC trial: Payment to FMSS properly approved by WP chairman Sylvia Lim, says defence

SINGAPORE - A system was in place to ensure that the monthly payments Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) made to its managing agent were signed off and approved by Workers' Party (WP) chairman Sylvia Lim.

AHTC trial: Defence explains why Workers' Party decided to drop old town council managing agent

SINGAPORE - Workers' Party (WP) terminated the contract of CPG Facilities Management, which had been appointed when the People's Action Party (PAP) ran Aljunied Town Council, because the ruling party had a track record of making "things difficult for opposition town councils", Senior Counsel Chelva Rajah said on Monday (Oct 8).

AHTC trial: $1.2 million in project fees was for ad hoc, large-scale projects and not 'improper' payments

SINGAPORE - What a senior accountant deemed to be wrongful payments to a managing agent by a Workers' Party-led town council was also practised by its People's Action Party (PAP) predecessors.

Wah the last one is :yuush:  :a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn:

CCB PAP 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

just curious... WP so many supporters as seen in their rally and in MCF.... but none of them are managing agents that can step out and help them?

Can't speak for WP (and their supporter) since no dealing with them, but I do have my fair share of these "nonsense" in my course of work.

One bad experience I had some 4 - 5 years ago when I want to carry out an A&A (Addition and Alteration) work for one of the facilities I am in-charge of. Following the company's policy and SOP, tender was called and 4 companies participated in the tender briefing. However, at closing of the tender, none of them submit a quote. When we contacted them, these are the reasons provided.

Company A: Our company do not want to take up projects that was previously done by XYZ (previous contractor that setup the facility)

as we have bad experience in rectifying issues created by them before

Company B: Our company do not allow us to work with your landlord's appointed LEW (Licensed Electric Worker) and PE (Professional Engineer) as they are our competitors in other field of service

Company C: Our company cannot take up the project since it was setup by XYZ, because we have other jointed projects with them, and agree not to "snatch" business from them

Company D: Our top management prohibit us to tender for this job as we have other project with your competitor (part of the contract terms in the other job)

Ended up LLST, show all these documented proof to my management and have to pay a premium to get back the original contractor for the A&A work (frankly, until today, I still suspect that the whole incident is a ganged up effort by the original contactor, as they are one of the key player in the market). In a nutshell, there are simply too many hidden rules and red tapes not visible to man on the street.

• Praise 10

1. in order to become managing agents ... must have capacity or any $2 company can do?

2. if take AHTC means give up all other PAP TC liao ... this one is suicide for any business consideration, right?

just curious... WP so many supporters as seen in their rally and in MCF.... but none of them are managing agents that can step out and help them?

Edited by Wt_know

Actually what i don't understand from the start is why this independent panel of auditors are suing them? They just do their job, submit their findings and let authorities (AG?) take over right? How come they can sue the council? In what capacity? So if my auditor audit my company's accounts and not happy with it, they can sue my company also?

That this panel was appointed by the town council themselves just makes it more ridiculous. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

This is a moot point now, because a certain Davinder Singh is acting on behalf of the plaintiff in this lawsuit.

He has been a PAP MP for 18 years...

• Praise 1

Recently a contractor took a hdb prpject at yishun. Tiagong even appeal to mp to take the job also. So hdb awarded them the job.

Now the contractor liquidating

This is a moot point now, because a certain Davinder Singh is acting on behalf of the plaintiff in this lawsuit.

He has been a PAP MP for 18 years...

Must have been a really “ low profile “ MP, I honestly did not know that he is a MP.

• Praise 4

Must have been a really â low profile â MP, I honestly did not know that he is a MP.

Liddat .......... also collected allowance for a long 18 years
  • Praise 5

Remember an earlier GE rally, someone declared how he was going to fix the oppies? Now he delivers!

The older ones here may remember Tang Liang Hong and JB Jeyaretnam workers party candidate for Cheng san grc in 1997 GE, they were sued and bankrupted after they lost.
  • Praise 3

singapore is a relatively small market and garmen has connections to a large part of the MA industry.

if one were to be openly supportive to the opposition , you be a walking target or a non-preffred customer to the ruling supporters

there's a good reason why ONLY after 2015, then potong pasir have their first posb and ntuc outlet

for your reading pleasure

https://www.todayonline.com/ge2015/town-leaves-rustic-label-dust-leaving-some-anxious

I do donate to opposition party on and off, but I don't leave any money trail, just donate a few  xxx when I do bump into them

post-131345-0-97680000-1539086625.gif

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 9

wow .... didn’t know that PP has no ntuc, no singpost and no posb

they are not sinkies before 2011? [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

wow .... didn’t know that PP has no ntuc, no singpost and no posb

they are not sinkies before 2011? [lipsrsealed]

Bus service No 147 was taken out also! I don't know it has been reintroduced or not!