Joanne Peh involved in accident, gets offers of car repairs

Zxcvb

Hypersonic

Her post like advertising for Toyota!

Ya.... was there a need for her to write like that? I think no sane person will unless there is some sort of monetary returns.

• Praise 12

If u read Sunday rWan Bao, there is a article about a car repair shop holding back a car sent for repair. N there was commission mention for big amount. Think it is around 40k for 18 repair introduce by the guy. No wonder the car repair cost so high.

Edited by sbs2716g
  • Praise 1

Ya, wonder if she is already a spoke person for Toyota or hoping to be one! 

• Praise 4

Maybe Borneo Motors sales a bit slow ?  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

or yes, maybe she wants to be Brand Ambassador ...  :D, talk about TSS until best in Singapore, JB and even Batam.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Drive safe guys. Tens of thousands of 2008/2009 low COE cars expiring within these 2 years. They can easily just use any of these cars to jam brake and huat gao gao from you.

• Praise 3

She probably sounds like she is, given how her comments were written. 

It is not uncommon for brands in the local market to benefit celebrities with free usage of their range of cars based on an agreement to be a brand ambassador, which is more subtle than a full endorsement per se. 

It's not a bad deal considering you get to drive the car for up to a year or two, without purchasing/renting it or spending any maintenance on it. And all you need to know is to drop the occasional quote or positive spin about the product in your 'personal capacity' and official social media channels, and perhaps appear at some promotional events (i.e. like an 'influencer'). Perhaps getting into the accident was serendipitous opportunity in some way and good for the brand too!

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 1

IF she is really sponsored, she should declare the fact outright to be fair to consumers.

Same as online product reviewers they will need to declare if the product they are reviewing had been bought with their own money or given free by the product company.

She probably is, given how her comments were written. 

It is not uncommon for brands in the local market to benefit celebrities with free usage of their range of cars based on an agreement to be a brand ambassador, which is more subtle than a full endorsement per se. 

It's not a bad deal considering you get to drive the car for up to a year or two, without purchasing/renting it or spending any maintenance on it. And all you need to know is to drop the occasional quote or positive spin about the product in your 'personal capacity' and official social media channels, and perhaps appear at some promotional events. Perhaps getting into the accident was serendipitous opportunity in some way and good for the brand too!

• Praise 4

I will give a benefit of doubt for Joanne Peh for this case.

Other celebrities driving around in shiny new cars (on loan from AD) saying how good it was, maybe we can take a pinch of salt for it.

I believe Joanne Peh or the AD wouldn't in the so "crazy" mind to crash their new harrier onto other peoples' cars & say how good their cars is.

Why risking your live for a few thousands dollars?

• Praise 1

from Facebook post: you guys interpret yourself:

Joanne Peh

23 March · 
It’s been 2 weeks since I picked up the Toyota Harrier SUV and I am surprised it is so economical! I’ve only had to pump petrol once since I started with a full tank. Just the other day, I also got to experience the Toyota Safety Sense kicking in when a commercial vehicle suddenly slowed down in front of me — it felt like my car was helping me hit the brakes before I actually did it. Thankful for this feature and glad I made the choice! @toyotasingapore

Obviously her Toyota Safety Sense did not save her rear ending the car in front this time round.

374qY9c.jpg

I will give a benefit of doubt for Joanne Peh for this case.

Other celebrities driving around in shiny new cars (on loan from AD) saying how good it was, maybe we can take a pinch of salt for it.

I believe Joanne Peh or the AD wouldn't in the so "crazy" mind to crash their new harrier onto other peoples' cars & say how good their cars is.

Why risking your live for a few thousands dollars?

Oh of course, I fully agree that the accident was not engineered for sure.

However, I guess in this instance, it sure inadvertently provided a positive opportunity to highlight some key safety selling points of the car. 

Supercharged

After reading her posts and looking at the various accidents photos... seems like most probably - front car(s) jam brake, her PCS probably did kick in to slow the car down, but the rear taxi (as usual) rear-end her jialat jialat, probably the rear impact cause the Harrier to then crash into the front car.

The fact that harrier airbags did not deploy mean not so serious frontal impact.