All About Freebies (In-House + Offered by SEs)

UncleLabbit

I believe many of these were part of the car discount throw in by the company through SE. Only things like car mett and minor items are personal additiinal by SE if you push hard enough.

So, it is the overall price you should consider when buying.

yah AD will have costed in all these standard "freebies" into their selling price to you liao. nothing is free when buy car. there are some SEs that don't mind earning less to give you some freebies...but this is not at AD expense. i think the more interesting question is, which AD is more willing to sweeten the deal for you? 

Yes agreed. It’s such that buyers shld know what is to differentiate between standard freebies eg. Solar film or paint protection etc included when a car is booked, from any other upgrades offered.

Hi Everyone,

Used to be on the consumer side for many years but I am currently with a Major AD for close to 4 years now. Yes, I am now an SA.I dont post much on the forum but this topic is close to my heart. Over countless weekend and public holidays burned, all I can say is that the freebies from the SEs are mainly from our own pocket ie, our salaries. Yes, it is just like a double tax on our salaries. Yes you can say, it is our choice to choose this job and therefore we should know what is it like, however I would just like to air what it's really like on the ground.

In many cases, this causes an ugly working environment. When a customer asks for what he get in a deal, many a times the ugly side of Singaporeans come out. They take this offer and shop to the next outlet or SE, saying who and who promise to give what and what and be immediately swayed by an SA who has done nothing in helping you with the introduction and features as well as test drive. Can you imagine we might spend up to 2-3 hours with a customer on a precious weekend but the moment another staff chooses to undercut by $50 . We wasted our entire effort on the presentation forgoing the chance to close a sincere customer on the weekend where real buyers are out there.

All in all, guys you are buying a vehicle close to a $100k most of time. The $50 to $100 difference you enjoy you can easily afford. The $50 dollars we lose could cost us a real opportunity to serve you sincerely and opportunity to make a honest living as well as maintaining a decent working relationship with our colleagues.

Hopefully, I dont offend anyone here. Just an honest opinion on the flip-side.

• Praise 17

Hi Everyone,

Used to be on the consumer side for many years but I am currently with a Major AD for close to 4 years now. Yes, I am now an SA.I dont post much on the forum but this topic is close to my heart. Over countless weekend and public holidays burned, all I can say is that the freebies from the SEs are mainly from our own pocket ie, our salaries. Yes, it is just like a double tax on our salaries. Yes you can say, it is our choice to choose this job and therefore we should know what is it like, however I would just like to air what it's really like on the ground.

In many cases, this causes an ugly working environment. When a customer asks for what he get in a deal, many a times the ugly side of Singaporeans come out. They take this offer and shop to the next outlet or SE, saying who and who promise to give what and what and be immediately swayed by an SA who has done nothing in helping you with the introduction and features as well as test drive. Can you imagine we might spend up to 2-3 hours with a customer on a precious weekend but the moment another staff chooses to undercut by $50 . We wasted our entire effort on the presentation forgoing the chance to close a sincere customer on the weekend where real buyers are out there.

All in all, guys you are buying a vehicle close to a $100k most of time. The $50 to $100 difference you enjoy you can easily afford. The $50 dollars we lose could cost us a real opportunity to serve you sincerely and opportunity to make a honest living as well as maintaining a decent working relationship with our colleagues.

One car you sell already earn commission. What is 50 to 100 dollars compared to your commission? Asking from a buyer point of view
  • Praise 1

One car you sell already earn commission. What is 50 to 100 dollars compared to your commission? Asking from a buyer point of view

On most mass market vehicle. $50 is upwards of 10% of our basic commission. 20% tax. Though this is not a glass door. Perhaps it gives you some perspective. Would you give 10% of your pay to your customer for doing your job?

Our base pay if we don't sell , a few hundred bucks a month.

Hi Everyone,

Your commission is also at least few hundred per car. What is another 50-100 discount/freebie if you sincerely want to close the deal?

On most mass market vehicle. $50 is upwards of 10% of our basic commission. 20% tax. Though this is not a glass door. Perhaps it gives you some perspective. Would you give 10% of your pay to your customer for doing your job?

Our base pay if we don't sell , a few hundred bucks a month.

So, you make commission from selling the car, loan and insurance right? You seems very vague with the figures. How much you earn from these?

Having changing cars a number of times liao. Nowadays, i prefer to get the car as soon as possible and just go to my favourite shop to do up the car to my hearts desire.

Like solar film, i want xxx brand and type.

Like car camera, i only want xxx brand and model.

Like carpet, i only want 3D carpet.

• Praise 2

So, you make commission from selling the car, loan and insurance right? You seems very vague with the figures. How much you earn from these?

what has how much a sales guy make got to do with it? people put in effort to close your sales... want to buy = buy .. not happy with price walk away ...   why need to squeeze ppl then u feel good about the purchase? 

i like the sales guy.. i like the price .. i just told him do your best...  

From buyer's perspective, we just want to get the best deal possible.

yea sure.. and a 50$ is gonna make you rich.....  

• Praise 4

I was told the commsion is 500 for small car and 800 for bigger car. According to Madza sale personnel.

Think there is a budget of $100 not sure is coy or from own pocket. anyway she was sweet to go online buy car cover for my aunt. 

car mat cannot give as it is a hazzard for driving.

Best thing is still free servicing or polish IMO

Hi Everyone,

I don't think pricing is only a factor if its just 50 or 100 dollars difference. Whats more important I guess is whether the buyer is comfortable and trust the sales agent. Its about relationship building. For me, I will choose the person I am willing to give my 100k or more to. (Its not a small sum)

From Kia Cycle & Carriage

What I got 2.5 years ago

- 5 years free servicing (deal clincher)

- 1 ch front dash cam

- rikecool solar film

- floor mats

- 2 Eurostyle headrest entertainment monitors

- free upgrade to AWD

- $400 insurance credits with AIG

From Kia Cycle & Carriage

What I got 2.5 years ago

- 5 years free servicing (deal clincher)

- 1 ch front dash cam

- rikecool solar film

- floor mats

- 2 Eurostyle headrest entertainment monitors

- free upgrade to AWD

- $400 insurance credits with AIG

This free servicing I know comes with terms n conditions. Better read the fine print and clarify with your SE
↡ Advertisement