Newstead to wind up!

Blueray

After 19 years in the business, homegrown IT retailer Newstead goes into liquidation

SINGAPORE — Homegrown IT and electronics retailer Newstead Technologies is winding up its business after 19 years, and its troubles could leave Funan DigitalLife Mall without an anchor tenant when it reopens next year.

The company, which operates under the Newstead, DigitalStyle and Nubox brands, has been put under liquidation, according to a notice put up on the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra) website last week.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/after-19-years-business-homegrown-it-retailer-newstead-goes-liquidation

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

SG retail scene seems very bad shape

Consumers are buying stuff online

Soon all shopping Malls got to close down liao

People are so lazy to go out

Even makan also delivered

Sibay jialuck

• Praise 3

Sibay jialuck

Eh is also coupled with I created by government regulation, economy is now not doing well and many other factors like increasing rental, rising electricity costs, rising labor cost, difficult to hire workers. So can not totally blame everything buy online. 1st thing 1st is further reduce regulatory requirements as much as possible so that retailers have easier time to comply and also to reduce business cost. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

It was considered our playground back in the mid late 80s. Funan centre was infested with rats, and u could literally spot rats walking around inside the ceiling at the food court ceiling lol. The smell of the building is always the same.

If u remember the retail shop Rambo TV games, then high 5 to u!

• Praise 3

Sibay jialuck

Happening in many cities around the world.

You can see it coming..... I hope our non-mediocre multi-million dollar dream team can see it too....and not just focus on fixing opponents and insisting on minimum wage for themselves. 

Sibay jialuck

• Praise 5

You can see it coming..... I hope our non-mediocre multi-million dollar dream team can see it too....and not just focus on fixing opponents and insisting on minimum wage for themselves. 

you seem so fired up

why don't you join an alternative party and all MCF bros including sis come and vote for you

otherwise your talent is wasted here

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Previous anchor tenant at Funan was Challenger, did not know that Newstead was slated to be the new anchor tenant in the redeveloped mall.

For small IT items (eg thumbdrive, HDD, monitors), most of us already buy online. 

Bigger items like laptops etc, I personally find better deals at Courts, Best Denki etc when they run promos.

Open wywy wonderspace

Haha! The olden days claw machine is super easy.. I use to hog the machines at pasir ris chalet last time..

Who else remembers the yellow plush??

Newstead over-stretched.... open so many large shiny retail stores.....

Hopefully Challenger is in better state.

Indeed, still recall they had a huge shop in Suntec City and multiple shops at Marina Square and always no one. Reckon those are the ones that sunk em

Challenger has a better strategy, they open on those neighbourhood Malls and sell their Valore house brand to boost profit (how good it is is anyone Guess). The casualness of challenger prob also attracts more people to go browsing there

• Praise 1

Indeed, still recall they had a huge shop in Suntec City and multiple shops at Marina Square and always no one. Reckon those are the ones that sunk em

Challenger has a better strategy, they open on those neighbourhood Malls and sell their Valore house brand to boost profit (how good it is is anyone Guess). The casualness of challenger prob also attracts more people to go browsing there

I used to buy laptop from them, and just recently my friend bought a laptop from them during the recent comex show.

• Praise 1

from child booster seat, luggage, mobile phone...all brought online.

My wife just placed order for 3 bottles of moping detergent online.

what we cant buy online that still need yo make a trip down to the shop?

↡ Advertisement