Man who removed bus stop bench to check its dimensions for f

inlinesix

fully agreed ... each time when a supplier tell me this is very expensive because it can last 10-20 years

i tell them please go fly kite ... nothing last that long except a building

even the device or equipment can last that long ... but technology improve and need to be changed in less than 10 years

Actually looking at the photo makes me angry.

The chair is designed just to stop homeless people from sleeping there. But why need to design it this way if their claim that there are no homeless people is accurate? 

• Praise 1

more like win the battle lose the war .... kekekeke

Where to order this $1.5k bench ? 

Order one put at home to how lian!  [laugh]

by the way, $1.5k means gold plated is it?

powder coat only, and if everyday got many people sit on it, can last for 10 to 20 years ? the powder coat layer will not wear off ? 

• Praise 1

The chair is designed just to stop homeless people from sleeping there. But why need to design it this way if their claim that there are no homeless people is accurate?

Pap must cum clean!

My bmw 30 years

your V10 can last another 10 years ... kekekeke

Old+bus+stop+%25235.jpg

The old type of bus-stop lasted more dan 20 years bah?

If lta say last for 20yrs I think it's reasonable.

i disagree. yes bus stop last 20 years

i suppose the seat has been replaced or repaired or reinstate due to wear and tear especially for heavy usage bus stop

not that the same set of seat and roof lasted from Day 1 for 20 years without any repair or touch up

Edited by Wt_know

your V10 can last another 10 years ... kekekeke

i disagree. yes bus stop last 20 years

i suppose the seat has been replaced or repaired or reinstate due to wear and tear especially for heavy usage bus stop

not that the same set of seat and roof lasted from Day 1 for 20 years without any repair or touch up

To me their intention and design is to last for approx. 20yrs. Maintainance is needed cos they are commonly used by the public. Just like public toilets. So many ppl use them surely it requires maintainance. It's not like a display just for show that nobody touches it that does not need regular maintainance. It's also exposed to the rain and shine as well not just bus commuters. Of course it requires repairs and maintainance.

To me their intention and design is to last for approx. 20yrs. Maintainance is needed cos they are commonly used by the public. Just like public toilets. So many ppl use them surely it requires maintainance. It's not like a display just for show that nobody touches it that does not need regular maintainance. It's also exposed to the rain and shine as well not just bus commuters. Of course it requires repairs and maintainance.

so i may assume the bench could have been replaced before 20 years after heavily beaten up

to me it is just hard metal with multiple coats of paint

post-7984-0-35824700-1540344426_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

why would homeless people sleep in the bus stop, want to sleep also go void deck mah. 

• Praise 1

more like win the battle lose the war .... kekekeke

all these contactor is either friends , supporter, relative, former boss etc etc.

they still got face shoot WP. 

so i may assume the bench could have been replaced before 20 years after heavily beaten up

to me it is just hard metal with multiple coats of paint

With so many crazies out there you will doubt its intended lifespan. That I can understand.

I'm just comparing what was used in the past. If the past bus-stop design lasted for more dan 2 decades and now they say this can last around 20yrs...why not? For the price whether it's justified...$1.5K for 20yrs, hard to say, provided nobody go abuse it. If nobody abuse it of course can last the intended 20yrs.

I know a lot of ppl will see the $1.5K as though they are looking at the galaxy.

The cost is there solely not for the material, fabrication work but design as well. You do not want drunks sleeping on the benches. You do not want ppl happily sit there the entire day.  You just want something that ppl can rest their butt for a short duration until their bus arrive. Hence the design considerations put into a bus stop bench. Ppl think it's just a bench, why need to cost so much. Well cos you are not the one doing it.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

if really want to be anal and grill -- What about are the prices or quotations from 3 quotes or not? Got check background of tenderers or suppliers or not? Are they connected or related to anyone in purchaser dept, grassroots etc or not? This is just a tiny drop of all the entire public spent.

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

void deck benches also not sleeping-friendly these days...... <_<

why would homeless people sleep in the bus stop, want to sleep also go void deck mah. 

if really want to be anal and grill -- What about are the prices or quotations from 3 quotes or not? Got check background of tenderers or suppliers or not? Are they connected or related to anyone in purchaser dept, grassroots etc or not? This is just a tiny drop of all the entire public spent.

3 quotation can  be easily fake.

really want to check must check all the company making the quotation.

is it a empty shell company?? all the company in the quotation link in any ways

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

void deck benches also not sleeping-friendly these days...... <_<

molly says "WTH, i continue sleeping!"

post-3626-0-66160700-1540272092_thumb.jp

(photo courtesy of @Discoburg)

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

20 years?

Sure or not? Do we have 20 yr bus stops? How many?

Not every 5 years ask some friendly contractor to tear down and rebuild?

Lol! Well said! Example my house below the block the marble seats can last for many many years. Just last month change. The block number display all good working condition, also change, only difference is the color. The floor tiling also good good one, no breakage, also change!!

Keep saying good quality can last, but still go change every few years. Got so much money come give me, I haven’t done home renovation since I shifted in 30 years ago.

• Praise 3

Creating business for some people.. that's how they roll in the money.

Lol! Well said! Example my house below the block the marble seats can last for many many years. Just last month change. The block number display all good working condition, also change, only difference is the color. The floor tiling also good good one, no breakage, also change!!

Keep saying good quality can last, but still go change every few years. Got so much money come give me, I haven’t done home renovation since I shifted in 30 years ago.

• Praise 2

Goverment contracts are lucrative businesses.......that is IF you can somehow get it with connections with water and nutrient absorbing portion of the tiny green plants on the ground.  :D

↡ Advertisement