Malaysia to ban smoking at all restaurants, hawker stalls

ChaosMyth

ping pong ajumah also asked to build few in yishun where i hardly see any ghost smoking there.

When you try to copy and paste, then you never look at how it is going to work in our environment. It is a half pass 6 job lor. Sending scholar oversea to look see and come back and apply without real understanding of the matter will also have this same result lor.

↡ Advertisement

I have seen a few coffee shop, I think is Broadway, put up those transparent partition wall around the smokers corner. It does help.

yeah my local broadway also have.

ping pong ajumah also asked to build few in yishun where i hardly see any ghost smoking there.

i actually saw one guy smoking there when i was jogging. I was quite surprised  [laugh]

here the stupid ban at kopi thiam is really half past 6.

Confined within the yellow compound as if smoke does not travel , Rubbish to the max.

Ban once and for all and to smoke at least 10m away from the dining area like the bus stop.

Too harsh? Maybe try giving up smoking for everyone's health.

A few days ago at coffee shop a group of maybe 10 teenagers enjoyed their meal, no problem.

Then instead of leaving they walked maybe 2 feet from their table and they were out in fresh air, the roofing stopped at the edge of their table.  They all light up their ciggies.

Smoke blowing straight back into coffee shop

I asked a few staff if smoking was allowed where they were.

They all said yes because open air.

Therefore can't say anything.

Very annoying though.

A few days ago at coffee shop a group of maybe 10 teenagers enjoyed their meal, no problem.

Then instead of leaving they walked maybe 2 feet from their table and they were out in fresh air, the roofing stopped at the edge of their table. They all light up their ciggies.

Smoke blowing straight back into coffee shop

I asked a few staff if smoking was allowed where they were.

They all said yes because open air.

Therefore can't say anything.

Very annoying though.

Don't you just wish that it would rain at that very moment. Argh...

i actually saw one guy smoking there when i was jogging. I was quite surprised [laugh]

You should walk up and clap for him.

i actually saw one guy smoking there when i was jogging. I was quite surprised [laugh]

You should walk up and clap for him.

:a-happy:

It means for income opportunity for the polis.

Will it be like littering fine in singapore? Law but nobody taking action?

It means for income opportunity for the polis.

Will it be like littering fine in singapore? Law but nobody taking action?

• Praise 1

Sliiypoor should learn from Bolehland - gar gar zho, Just Do It!

Nowadays political will is weak here, do things half here half there, like ban smoking 90% of the coffeeshop, 15km/h for escooters, fine that scooterist 2K and than waived becos of media reports....

Really a big disappointment!  We are sitting idly watching neighbours catching up fast and overtaking (in the case of China).

• Praise 3

Nowadays political will is weak here, do things half here half there, like ban smoking 90% of the coffeeshop, 15km/h for escooters, fine that scooterist 2K and than waived becos of media reports....

Really a big disappointment!  We are sitting idly watching neighbours catching up fast and overtaking (in the case of China).

Fine scooterist and then waived is the lamest I ever seen.

Useless govt.

Wanted to praise them for their due diligence in catching and fining these nuisances. 

Now think they are damn useless.

Fine scooterist and then waived is the lamest I ever seen.

Useless govt.

Wanted to praise them for their due diligence in catching and fining these nuisances. 

Now think they are damn useless.

Ball-less, except in the ongoing town council court case.

• Praise 2

They take cues from their paymaster: Rather spend time and money to fix the opposition than to fix our peasant problems.

Ball-less, except in the ongoing town council court case.

• Praise 2

I feel their current PM just want to make things very difficult for the incoming PM thats all.

I don’t smoke.

Why ban e-ciggy ONLY?

Other tobacco products not as bad as e-ciggy meh?

errrr..... which part did it mention about only e-ciggie?

I don’t smoke.

Why Sg ban e-ciggy ONLY?

Other tobacco products not as bad as e-ciggy meh?

You voted for them.

Why you complain?

My bad

I meant Sg

common understanding is e ciggie is banned throughout breathing space in singapore. So not only in makan places. Those arab street smoking apparatus aka shisah are also banned after decades of air contamination.

if that is what you meant.

↡ Advertisement