Pump Petrol In JB - Worth it

Charmaine12

the last thing i would want to read is people bragging about filling to the brim from an empty tank.

stupidity at the best.

As someone who pumps to the brim in JB, I take alight offence at this.

1) I don't boast but offence is slight cos not impossible for someone to boast about it. But I don't. OK. I share. Can be seen as boasting....

2) I don't think it's stupid. Why? I don't pump to the brim and park. I drive off so the petrol will go down by a litre or so when I reach my destination. No danger there. Been doing the for years. Might cause damage to the car? Again, no issues for me but ymmv. Only thing is maybe waste of money when you spill..

And yes I have pumped from empty to the brim before.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

on behalf of our many ABD members, I propose the admin close this thread. Dont think we should brag about going up to get cheaper gas.

Disagree. It's akin to us bragging on getting cars with lower coe.

BRAGGING that we enter customs with less than 3/4 yea I see the issue.

I don't do it now. So if any ICA reading this see my car please don't check it. I confirm i follow law. :D

@RadX someone trying to cross causeway illegally. Please turn back that person.

Edited by Philipkee

As someone who pumps to the brim in JB, I take alight offence at this.

1) I don't boast but offence is slight cos not impossible for someone to boast about it. But I don't. OK. I share. Can be seen as boasting....

2) I don't think it's stupid. Why? I don't pump to the brim and park. I drive off so the petrol will go down by a litre or so when I reach my destination. No danger there. Been doing the for years. Might cause damage to the car? Again, no issues for me but ymmv. Only thing is maybe waste of money when you spill..

And yes I have pumped from empty to the brim before.

My bad bro if there is any misunderstanding. My point is not about pumping to the brim but going in empty tank and pump full.

I do not see any merit in doing so and it only warrant unwanted attention from the authority.

My bad bro if there is any misunderstanding. My point is not about pumping to the brim but going in empty tank and pump full.

I do not see any merit in doing so and it only warrant unwanted attention from the authority.

Actually I used to do this. Benefit is shiokness and the figurative finger against authorities but it's stressful of you underestimate the jam and end up stuck without petrol at customs.

But I agree. We should not boast about it..

• Praise 1

Waiting for someone to boast about beating the ERP by driving the opposite direction behind Sim Lim Square.

Want to point the figurative middle finger at the authorities, do it at the polls, not with dumb ass excuse to justify flouting the law and getting away with it for 10 yrs.

• Praise 1

on behalf of our many ABD members, I propose the admin close this thread. Dont think we should brag about going up to get cheaper gas.

I don't see them brag, more like sharing the feeling of getting something cheap.

There are alot of rules in Singapore, if you intend to break them, just don't get caught. If get caught, just pay the penalty.

Everyone have their own set of moral values, you can't instill yours into their.

Back to TS, go in half tank just for cheap petrol, not worth it. If you go in for cheap petrol and good food, then yes.

• Praise 1

Don't go in for commodities.

Go in for something $$$ cannot buy

Like lifestyle experiences that is unqiue there, meeting friends, kinship.....

Life is not just about saving and spending money.

Spending time on something of commodity value is just not worth doing.

• Praise 4

not that i condone this but that's the hard truth

if ica officer check fuel gauge on every single car

the jam is no 5hrs no talk [sweatdrop]

You sure that's where the bottleneck is?

There is also the risk getting mobbed in cowboy land. Of course chances are rare but much higher than our beloved island. Sometimes the mata there are the robbers cos they can use the weapon that is readily available at their disposal. 

Anyway the 3/4 tank rule is a half past six measures to appease the oil companies in Sg. If the government is serious about it they should either enforce the fuel checks or impose a < 3/4 tank rule on returning Sg cars. 

More like to protect the govt tax.

Do you even know how much tax is charged on 1L of Petrol? Out of the total cost of 1L of Petrol, how much goes to govt coffers in terms of tax and rental?

• Praise 1

yup ... NMNT

tenor.gif

More like to protect the govt tax.

Do you even know how much tax is charged on 1L of Petrol? Out of the total cost of 1L of Petrol, how much goes to govt coffers in terms of tax and rental?

If not worth it the causeway won't be so jammed.

Not all are going in for the cheap ktv and massages.

:D

Ya..... just to escape meeting your MIL, jam for 8 hours on either side is worth it for you ... :a-happy:

:grin:

• Praise 2

If you can pump daily in JB and use for Sg, of course it is fantastic. However, don't try your luck to go in lower than 3/4 tank lah, not worth it.

Drive until so difficult, take pubic transport less stressful.

If you can pump daily in JB and use for Sg, of course it is fantastic. However, don't try your luck to go in lower than 3/4 tank lah, not worth it.

Drive until so difficult, take pubic transport less stressful.

The savings are very attractive but I think the traffic aren't really worth it. 

Unless you're going in for a holiday or bringing the whole family in for a full day relaxation, going in just for petrol / supper don't seem too attractive.

Waiting for someone to boast about beating the ERP by driving the opposite direction behind Sim Lim Square.

Want to point the figurative middle finger at the authorities, do it at the polls, not with dumb ass excuse to justify flouting the law and getting away with it for 10 yrs.

wah this one good idea

• Praise 1

Warning..suspect water in petrol. Shell petrol before tua checkpoint.

3 years i start top up there regularly. Car develop missfire and exhaust noise. Cbange pipe ..servicing no use. Car is 9 years old . Now 3 months to scrapped. I moved house and use causeway to crossed to Jb. Top up other petrol. Suddenly noticed car drive like new. All noise exhaust and missfire gone. Even the fuel consume dropped.

Could be coincidence but 3 years is long time.

• Praise 2

Warning..suspect water in petrol. Shell petrol before tua checkpoint.

3 years i start top up there regularly. Car develop missfire and exhaust noise. Cbange pipe ..servicing no use. Car is 9 years old . Now 3 months to scrapped. I moved house and use causeway to crossed to Jb. Top up other petrol. Suddenly noticed car drive like new. All noise exhaust and missfire gone. Even the fuel consume dropped.

Could be coincidence but 3 years is long time.

Dunno why that Shell at Tanjong kupang will always have long queue..

Malaysian underground oil tank are prone for water leakage.

Oil tanks underground needs maintenance regularly. Which is lacking in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement