Pump Petrol In JB - Worth it

Charmaine12

There are people (not only Malaysians) who live in My and work in Sg and they need to commute daily to maintain their job/studies. I am not one of them but I do feel their pain. 

Groceries and massage is your own selfish needs. 

Thanks for the dislike. 

Isn't it part of the equation? Pple trying to earn more and try to spend less? All in the name of earning a living right? You are earning enough to say these things but do try to understand that saving a few hundred each time they go in means a lot to them as well. Massage aside, grocery shopping and petrol runs and a full day activity in JB is a legit way to save money as compared to spending in SG on the exact same activities. Please spare a thought for the less well-off pple as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

There are people (not only Malaysians) who live in My and work in Sg and they need to commute daily to maintain their job/studies. I am not one of them but I do feel their pain. 

Thanks for the dislike. 

I do agree with you there are people who commute daily for job & studies however I do not agree that groceries & massage is a selfish needs.

If you feel that it is a selfish needs, that is your own opinion but is not for you to criticise their needs.  I know of someone who had back injury and require traditional massage few times a month and to save some money, he will cross over to JB for the massage and at the same time will buy some household stuff when on the way back.  Is that a selfish needs??

The congestion is for both the country's Authority to resolve and not the commuters.  Everyone goes in for a reason and we should respect their choice and not criticise them of being selfish.

Edited by Jon_cclau
  • Praise 10

If feeding a car becomes a problem then he/she shouldn't be a car owner in the first place. 

For fuel run yes cos those peeps r flouting the law by not having 3/4 fuel in their tank but groceries n massages i do not condone cos these r all legit stuff people choose to carry out in their free time.

If feeding a car becomes a problem then he/she shouldn't be a car owner in the first place.

How would u know that feeding the car is a problem? Can't pple spend less on petrol and more on other things in life?
  • Praise 3

How would u know that feeding the car is a problem? Can't pple spend less on petrol and more on other things in life?

This is a never ending debate and to each his own.

However, as you rightly pointed out, everyone feels a certain way and does their own thing their way. As long as whatever they feel and do is not illegal it is fine.

Some people don't like queuing up for hours together in a jam, whereas for some others it does not matter (or there is no choice).

For me personally sometimes I have no choice but to travel to Malaysia but I try to choose my time which I think the jam would be slightly bearable. Having said that, i have also got stuck in jams, and one thing for sure that I console myself with is the fact that it was my choice to go to Malaysia and so getting stuck in jams is also partly my choice.

Peace!

• Praise 5

Different people save money in different ways.... for some they prefer to spend more on food but save on entertainment, some they prefer watching movies in cinema but some find that downloading from mobile phone is FOC or cheaper.... 

Everyone chooses their own way of saving money and that does not necessarily mean is a problem.  

If he/she feels that it is worth the que at the checkpoint to save few bucks of the petrol, by all means, do it....

End of the day, that is his/her choice. 

• Praise 2

If the owner cannot afford to refuel in Sg it is probably better for them to do without a car for the moment. Yes they can pay lesser with My fuel (RON97 is creeping up which is not doing them any good) and more time in congestion of course to each his/her own.  

Anyway... it is not my intention to create disharmony or to find fault with folks who tries to stretch the dollar. Sometimes, we may overspend when we do groceries in My as the perception of things are cheaper across the causeway and we may end up buying more than we need or would spend in Sg. 

Rich people shouldn't go in pump petrol just to save a few dollars.

Honestly you are just clogging up the Causeway for people who have more important things to do.

You are just inconveniencing people going in for a massage and seafood dinner.

:D

• Praise 4

If the owner cannot afford to refuel in Sg it is probably better for them to do without a car for the moment. Yes they can pay lesser with My fuel (RON97 is creeping up which is not doing them any good) and more time in congestion of course to each his/her own.  

Anyway... it is not my intention to create disharmony or to find fault with folks who tries to stretch the dollar. Sometimes, we may overspend when we do groceries in My as the perception of things are cheaper across the causeway and we may end up buying more than we need or would spend in Sg. 

totally agreed, he or she should consider giving up driving if cannot afford to pay for sg patrol.

I just won't waste my time in the jam for the patrol, I better spend my time in walking my dogs.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Thanks for the dislike.

So Singaporean who bought properties in Johore and Malaysian who works in Singapore is not doing it for their own 'selfish' need?

So whats your reasons for going into jb? Business? Families? Friends? Shopping?

So whats your reasons for going into jb? Business? Families? Friends? Shopping?

It is for working trips and family visitation. I don't go in often unless absolutely necessary. The remarks probably goes against your favour hence I sense some angst against my comments. I apologize if I happen to rattle you up which is not my intention. Still, I am in the pro full enforcement on 3/4 tank rule camp, however most can still rejoice as the authorities are also not on my side. 

It is for working trips and family visitation. I don't go in often unless absolutely necessary. The remarks probably goes against your favour hence I sense some angst against my comments. I apologize if I happen to rattle you up which is not my intention. Still, I am in the pro full enforcement on 3/4 tank rule camp, however most can still rejoice as the authorities are also not on my side.

everybody has their own reasons for going through the border and all are for their own 'selfish' reasons, for work, for business, for family.....or for whatever. The Malaysian prefers to work here for the money, the Singaporean own a property or spend across the border is for the money too. Everybody has a reason or 2 to suffer the jam but who has more right? They could jolly well stay on their own side but they chose whats right for them......so isnt it out of their own 'selfishness'......even if i were to visit my family there....isnt it out of my own selfishness to talk down on others so that i could have a lesser hassle to cross the border.
  • Praise 7

If the cost of living in Singapore becomes a problem then he/she shouldn't work in a job in Singapore in the first place.

Thanks for the dislike. 

So saving on the cost of living in Singapore by choosing to reside across the border in Johor, despite a "real" need to work or study in Singapore, is a noble action and done out of altruistic reasons, and not because of their own selfish needs to enjoy the best of both worlds?

Yeah, right..... maybe you need to listen to what you are actually saying for once.

• Praise 4

Thanks for the dislike. 

I didn't dislike you so not sure what your issue is.

How come people that work in SG must stay in Malaysia? Could it be to save money? So that's not their own selfish need?

Isn't it part of the equation? Pple trying to earn more and try to spend less? All in the name of earning a living right? You are earning enough to say these things but do try to understand that saving a few hundred each time they go in means a lot to them as well. Massage aside, grocery shopping and petrol runs and a full day activity in JB is a legit way to save money as compared to spending in SG on the exact same activities. Please spare a thought for the less well-off pple as well.

Exactly. I am one of those less well off people who go into JB to buy groceries and have a good makan once in a while.

But so many selfish people who stay in JB and work in SG keep clogging up the roads for me.

• Praise 1

rather than discuss this neverending, how about sharing vids of car shakers at JB kiosk.  I should had taken one the other day - knn father n son team, father pump, son shake, alternatingly.  farking joke, even some MY bikers also laughing.

The pump attendant ask me why u SGreans like that.  I replied I am Indonesian.  I only pump  shake in bed, not at petrol kiosk

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 6