2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

In my opinion, TEK diluted the Mazda 3 brand by mass selling to the private hires company. We pay a premium price, just to realize there are so many on the roads with the private hires stickers. Hope they will not do this to the new 2019 Mazda 3.

The PHV fever is over liao. There are alot more PHV cars waiting to be rented out than available drivers. 

They won't buy so many new cars soon. And even if they do, the companies will look for diesel and hybrid models.Pure gasoline models will have little use to them. 

↡ Advertisement

And the 1.5L is so weak to begin with...

$80k for the high spec model would be more realistic.. but at that price, the new 3 will run head to head against the excellent Cerato SX and the OMG looking Avante Elite, both of which which is even better specced, designed and alot bigger car. Granted the 2 Koreans have a wheezy engine too.

So the new 3 needs to be cheaper than the Koreans to be competitive if we are denied of the 2L Skyactiv X. Becos the new 3 will just be another Japs econobox on the road with nothing to stand itself out of the competition other than its high selling prices

You forgot the altis? It's a strong competitor in this class

The PHV fever is over liao. There are alot more PHV cars waiting to be rented out than available drivers.

They won't buy so many new cars soon. And even if they do, the companies will look for diesel and hybrid models.Pure gasoline models will have little use to them.

Dun say too early. Another new ride hailing company coming to Singapore very soon

In my opinion, TEK diluted the Mazda 3 brand by mass selling to the private hires company. We pay a premium price, just to realize there are so many on the roads with the private hires stickers. Hope they will not do this to the new 2019 Mazda 3.

That's one reason why I didn't get the Mazda 3...

$80k for the high spec model would be more realistic.. but at that price, the new 3 will run head to head against the excellent Cerato SX and the OMG looking Avante Elite, both of which which is even better specced, designed and alot bigger car. Granted the 2 Koreans have a wheezy engine too. 

So the new 3 needs to be cheaper than the Koreans to be competitive if we are denied of the 2L Skyactiv X. Becos the new 3 will just be another Japs econobox on the road with nothing to stand itself out of the competition other than its high selling prices

I doubt anyone would criticise the new Mazda 3 Interior and personally I felt is way ahead of the 2 Koreans.

I honestly think the funky look of the Avante got their inspiration from Voltorb the pokemon  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I think asking abit too much to expect mz3 to be cheaper than the Koreans even if the Koreans have better specs as afterall its MIJ.

Think a fair price would be say $5k above Avante, Cerato highest specced model for the mz3 deluxe. So if the Koreans are at the $85k range which they are at the Moment, the mz3 deluxe shld be $90k thereabouts. So it seems from the spreadsheet that it’s about $10k more based on the preliminary pricing.

• Praise 7

I doubt anyone would criticise the new Mazda 3 Interior and personally I felt is way ahead of the 2 Koreans.

I honestly think the funky look of the Avante got their inspiration from Voltorb the pokemon  [laugh]

May I invite u to check out the cabin of Cerato SX, and SX only as Kia used different and better materials in most highly visible parts as compared to the EX and Grab car special L model. 

Mazda cannot win so comfortably in terms of overall build quality and workmanship. And even if it can, $81k vs 100k?  [laugh]  [:p]

I see new cerato running as phv on the roads now though.
  • Praise 1

Dear Valued Customer

Coe rising every round , let’s not sit & watch . Act now  [sweatdrop]  [hur](here we go again, fear mongering)

Weekend Special Only 40 units for immediate registration in March 2019

M2 1.5 HB  : $73,800(STD)

M2 1.5 HB  : $80,800(Del)

M2 1.5 Sdn: $83,800(Std Plus)

M6 2.0 : $102,800(STD)

M6 2.0 : $111,800(Exec)

M6 2.5 : $132,800(Prem)

CX-3 2.0 :$89,800(Std)

CX-3 2.0 :$101,800(Del)

CX-5 2.0 :$116,800(Std)

CX-5 2.0 :$127,800(Prem)

CX-5 2.5 :$142,800(Lux)

CX-9 2.5 :$185,800(2WD) (excuse me, the CX9 is not a Rolls Royce, please do not transfer your Rolls Royce marketing guys to handle Mazda dept! [laugh] )

Mazda 3 arriving soon , early bird booking entitle to 5yrs warranty & 5yrs Free Servicing.

FOC item

*3yr /100000km warranty

*1yr / 200000km Free Servicing 

*Rikecool Solar Film 

*2 channel recording camera

*Brilla Body Coating (5yrs Warranty)

*Mazda Dezire Program

(For M6, CX-5 & CX-9)

*Interest rate 1.99%

Act fast , limited units & colour.

May I invite u to check out the cabin of Cerato SX, and SX only as Kia used different and better materials in most highly visible parts as compared to the EX and Grab car special L model. 

Mazda cannot win so comfortably in terms of overall build quality and workmanship. And even if it can, $81k vs 100k?  [laugh]  [:p]

No need to invite I have sat in one yes the SX trim.

But I am just wondering how you compare when the new Mazda 3 haven't even launch here yet. I mean unless you felt the materials in the new Mazda 3 before? Sat in one before?

Also if you can predict the pricing of 100k can help me predict upcoming TOTO also? :D

What model you drive and how much you bought it?

Elantra at " high " price during 2015. If trade in now, overall depreciation become 15k/year.

In my opinion, TEK diluted the Mazda 3 brand by mass selling to the private hires company. We pay a premium price, just to realize there are so many on the roads with the private hires stickers. Hope they will not do this to the new 2019 Mazda 3.

If you ask me, it's actually a good thing.

With great numbers on the road comes economy of scale for the workshops (private or AD), with ready availability of spare parts and the price of the spare parts will be cheaper.

I've had ang-mohs mistake my Mz6 for a Grab-car before (it was dark, they couldn't tell the difference in size), so it's no biggie. In fact, I'd wanted to prank them saying "Yes, Grab car PREMIUM", but decided against it in the end. :D

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 1

Elantra at " high " price during 2015. If trade in now, overall depreciation become 15k/year.

I also bought at end 2015 with COE at $59k. As mine is Conti, even worse depreciation. Whatever car u buy then will suffer massive depreciation if sell now

• Praise 7

Dear Valued Customer

Coe rising every round , letâs not sit & watch . Act now [sweatdrop][hur](here we go again, fear mongering)

â¨Weekend Special Only 40 units for immediate registration in March 2019â¨

M2 1.5 HB : $73,800(STD)

M2 1.5 HB : $80,800(Del)

M2 1.5 Sdn: $83,800(Std Plus)

M6 2.0 : $102,800(STD)

M6 2.0 : $111,800(Exec)

M6 2.5 : $132,800(Prem)

CX-3 2.0 :$89,800(Std)

CX-3 2.0 :$101,800(Del)

CX-5 2.0 :$116,800(Std)

CX-5 2.0 :$127,800(Prem)

CX-5 2.5 :$142,800(Lux)

CX-9 2.5 :$185,800(2WD) (excuse me, the CX9 is not a Rolls Royce, please do not transfer your Rolls Royce marketing guys to handle Mazda dept! [laugh] )

Mazda 3 arriving soon , early bird booking entitle to 5yrs warranty & 5yrs Free Servicing.

FOC item

*3yr /100000km warranty

*1yr / 200000km Free Servicing

*Rikecool Solar Film

*2 channel recording camera

*Brilla Body Coating (5yrs Warranty)

*Mazda Dezire Program

(For M6, CX-5 & CX-9)

*Interest rate 1.99%

Act fast , limited units & colour.

The pricing for Mazda 2 is ridiculous, back then 40+k Coe also sell around 80+k, now sub 30k Coe still 80+k.

If you ask me, it's actually a good thing.

With great numbers on the road comes economy of scale for the workshops (private or AD), with ready availability of spare parts and the price of the spare parts will be cheaper.

I've had ang-mohs mistake my Mz6 for a Grab-car before (it was dark, they couldn't tell the difference in size), so it's no biggie. In fact, I'd wanted to prank them saying "Yes, Grab car PREMIUM", but decided against it in the end. :D

Downside is the impact on resale value when they sell to mass market phv.

Look at the number of vezels/Mazda 3/k3 in sgcarmart.

• Praise 1

The pricing for Mazda 2 is ridiculous, back then 40+k Coe also sell around 80+k, now sub 30k Coe still 80+k.

Downside is the impact on resale value when they sell to mass market phv.

Look at the number of vezels/Mazda 3/k3 in sgcarmart.

Beware those phv cars. Most of them have their mileage adjusted before selling to unsuspecting buyers. If you buy one of these, definitely you will have more problems

At one time in 2016 the Mazda 3 became a poster boy for Lion City Rental, Uber Singapore car rental company.

Last week, I took Grab for work purposes and sat in their blue Mazda 3. The car interior was in such a sorry state, cigarette smell , stained cloth seats , sweat smell and a really really grumpy driver.

It was a far cry from the gleaming Mazda 3 I saw at the Singapore motor show back in Jan 2015 where it was marketed as a sporty zoom zoom sedan and hatchback .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1