Fibre TV and termination point

Rollagt

I find Japanese women nicer/more natural beauty than Korean ones now.

Japanese women like stock car with a bit of subtle bodykits, Korean ones like heavily modified with huge wings, blah blah blah etc.

Notwithstanding both good to look at..... oh ya Japanese documentaries.

Yup Korean models these days modified plastics and some with silicone implants.

:D

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Yup Korean models these days modified plastics and some with silicone implants.

:D

Can’t even tell them apart sometimes.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I have since switched over to Singtel TV. No regrets. The TV box can be connected wirelessly, something that Starhub cannot give me a guaranteed answer.

And no additional modem or other boxes, both internet and TV share same infrastructure

• Praise 1

i am using singtel broadband and singtel tv but i have 2 boxes - router and the tv box are separate. yours is router and tv box combined?

anyway on the tv box, mine got issues after 6 months. tv kept flashing message that i am not subscribed to certain channels (but i am) and refused to show those channels. switch the box and main switch off and then on it again works for a few minutes then it will happen again. can call the helpline to ask them reboot at their end to see if it helps. if it doesn't, you need to exchange your tv box for a new one. see their site on what to bring for exchange.

i chatted with the guy manning the booth at the exchange shop and asked if others are experiencing the same. he said quite a sizeable number of users have the same issue. it's likely a box issue for that batch.

maybe you'll have better luck than me on getting a good box. my old starhub box functioned without any fault for more than 6 years.

you mean the new starhub tv box which is supposed to be on fibre has a coaxial connector?

you mean the new starhub tv box which is supposed to be on fibre has a coaxial connector?

The ONT, router and TV boxes are standard equipment. Correct me if I am wrong, I am not that IT literate. I also have two more air meshes.

Had my room TV box changed about a month into the new service. Got that huge cross and number on the screen and could not access at all. Yes its frustrating but its just loss of entertainment for me for a short period. The site staff and CSO I encountered were professional. On the appointment date, I got a 1 to 1 replacement.

In life, as you age, I have learnt to tolerate imperfection, hiccups and such.

But well the somewhat technical incompetence amd the unceremonious deletion of some pre-packaged programmes helped in our decision making.

Hypersonic

i am using singtel broadband and singtel tv but i have 2 boxes - router and the tv box are separate. yours is router and tv box combined?

anyway on the tv box, mine got issues after 6 months. tv kept flashing message that i am not subscribed to certain channels (but i am) and refused to show those channels. switch the box and main switch off and then on it again works for a few minutes then it will happen again. can call the helpline to ask them reboot at their end to see if it helps. if it doesn't, you need to exchange your tv box for a new one. see their site on what to bring for exchange.

i chatted with the guy manning the booth at the exchange shop and asked if others are experiencing the same. he said quite a sizeable number of users have the same issue. it's likely a box issue for that batch.

maybe you'll have better luck than me on getting a good box. my old starhub box functioned without any fault for more than 6 years.

Should be.

I take a photo of it when I am home.

Turbocharged

The ONT, router and TV boxes are standard equipment. Correct me if I am wrong, I am not that IT literate. I also have two more air meshes.

Had my room TV box changed about a month into the new service. Got that huge cross and number on the screen and could not access at all. Yes its frustrating but its just loss of entertainment for me for a short period. The site staff and CSO I encountered were professional. On the appointment date, I got a 1 to 1 replacement.

In life, as you age, I have learnt to tolerate imperfection, hiccups and such.

But well the somewhat technical incompetence amd the unceremonious deletion of some pre-packaged programmes helped in our decision making.

ð

My setup is the same as yours then, but without air mesh. I thought you meant your router and TV box is 1 unit. Interpreted wrongly.

I heard from a knowledgeable friend that sometimes a particular channel might be deleted as the vendor selling the content to StarHub or singtel can just delete any channel. So therefore, StarHub and singtel also bo pian cannot broadcast that channel.

So far, my singtel TV experience is OK except for the 1st spoilt box.

Turbocharged

Should be.

I take a photo of it when I am home.

My router is connected to the data point via lan cable. Then the router connects to the TV box via hdmi I think. I would have thought StarHub same setup.

My router is connected to the data point via lan cable. Then the router connects to the TV box via hdmi I think. I would have thought StarHub same setup.

From router to TV box should be linked via LAN cable.

From tv box to tv will be on HDMI cable

Turbocharged

From router to TV box should be linked via LAN cable.

From tv box to tv will be on HDMI cable

You are right.

You are right.

If have air mesh then is air mesh to tv box to tv. Wireless transmission from the router in the living room to the air mesh

Hypersonic

post-1829-0-75660600-1561640768_thumb.jpeg

They using this device now to convert.

Every set top box also have one.

Basically convert cat6 to co-axial and you can use back the existing wiring at home.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

041B6D1C-FAAD-43E3-B51B-559767B30A18.jpeg

They using this device now to convert.

Every set top box also have one.

Basically convert cat6 to co-axial and you can use back the existing wiring at home.

I wonder why they decided on this set up. One more piece of equipment to troubleshoot, to maintain, to hold inventory.

Hypersonic

this device is given by starhub to convert coxial to use the new set top box??

can buy??

Yes given by Starhub.

Sure can buy one, maybe SLS?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Do they make you pay monthly fee for that conversion box? If have, really Sian.

No charge bro.

But this fibre set top box sucks. 3rd day got issues liao...knn.

Really f**ked up.

Wow! Another box = another power source!! [:|]

It draw the power from the set top box bro.

The one near the modem and router draw the power from the router.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement