• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
130 replies to this topic | 584 praises

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Honestbee to open new high-tech Grocery & Dining Megastore

https://www.greatdea...-opening-launch

For those lazy to click on link and read, Ive done the hardwork for yall. Another place to hangout? Or just a matter of time when this will fail too............. How sustainable are these mega stores. Look at Decathlon, Don Don Donki. Are these also a matter of time in tiny SG? 

honestbee-habitat-alexandra-grocery-store-cafe-628x419.jpg

It won’t be just another online grocer or food delivery service for Honestbee as the company opens a new brick and mortar store that mixes supermarket with cafe concepts at Alexandra this week.

Called the Habitat, it will be Honestbee’s first venture on a physical space that offers the world’s first tech-integrated multi-sensory grocery and dining experience.

Habitat will come with a grocery section that carries fresh ingredients directly sourced from farmers and producers around the globe including Japanese spices, dry-aged meat, prosciutto on demand, limited edition balsamic vinegar and unique seasonal produce.

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-2-628x419.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-5-628x419.jpg

It will also house over a dozen cafe and dining concepts including Korean fried chicken from KF Chua, milkshakes and premium ice cream from Milk Made, bubble tea and kombucha from Mr Bubbles, craft beers from White Moustache and much more.

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-3-628x419.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-4-628x416.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-1-628x401.jpg

Food Meets Technology

honestbee-habitat-food-meets-technology-628x399.jpg

Besides good food and fresh groceries, Habitat by Honestbee will also be tech-enabled that offers cashless transactions, fully automated checkouts with robots and conveyor belts that manage the packing and collection.

Habitat opens this Thursday, 18 October at 34 Boon Leat Terrace. Nearest MRT stations at Pasir Panjang and Labrador Park.

Edited by ChaosMyth, 17 October 2018 - 02:12 PM.

Lotr, Beregond, Freeder, Spring and Atrecord praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

i doubt it will be cheap, more on the cafe and shopping experience.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    Supercharged
    Author Image

More importantly... got free parking?  :grin:

Sunny and Lotr praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i dun think will be cheap.

look at the place  , layout know liao.

Mustank and Ash2017 praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail. 

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only winner here is the landlord.Period. :D

Lala81, Mustank, Beregond and Freeder praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so many merchant already trying to close their shop to go online they still open new shop. lets see how long it can last.

Edited by Xers007, 17 October 2018 - 02:59 PM.

back to the same old days ...

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

too far and out for me

stick to my ikea/giant tampines..

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

Vratenza, Blueray, Mustank, Picnic06-Biante15, Beregond, Drafting88, BanCoe, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

in just one post youve sorta jst destroyed their new megastore a day before their opening.  [laugh]  [grin]

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

ChaosMyth praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many high end condo in Alexandra... used to be cheap 1 rm 1 hall hdb 😂
Sunny praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail.

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

I give it 3 years.

I've been there already.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

Not enough parking?
Don't feel like going liao...
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:56 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

they are promoting a high technology supermarket will be like, all about adapting and experience. It may slowly implemented in more supermarkets.
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:10 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

Freeder, Uncle2 and Mercs praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

That’s why u r still being employed

Rather than self employed

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

ARC parking.

surrounded by many offices. Good location for weekday human traffic.

weekend probably will be like ARC.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

in just one post youve sorta jst destroyed their new megastore a day before their opening.  [laugh]  [grin]

huh? no lah... haha don't misunderstand. just a personal view.

The whole place has a good idea: go in, buy what you need, send it through their delivery service and walk out of that place without having to lug bags and bags of groceries. so that's appealing to the busy office folks. maximum convenience.

But I wouldn't go there to chill....

ARC parking.

ya ARC parking would be the best, short walk only.

they are promoting a high technology supermarket will be like, all about adapting and experience. It may slowly implemented in more supermarkets.

the experience can be very relative lah... but I do like the feature that I don't have to bring my wallet. Just a handphone and the Honestbee app is sufficient and plus the fact that I don't have to carry the groceries with me, I'm ok with that too. If NTUC can work towards that, then yeah, it's cool.

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ARC parking.

ARC parking is free whole day on weekend, if short walking distance then still not bad.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honestbee, megastore, honest bee and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users