• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
130 replies to this topic | 584 praises

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Honestbee to open new high-tech Grocery & Dining Megastore

https://www.greatdea...-opening-launch

For those lazy to click on link and read, Ive done the hardwork for yall. Another place to hangout? Or just a matter of time when this will fail too............. How sustainable are these mega stores. Look at Decathlon, Don Don Donki. Are these also a matter of time in tiny SG? 

honestbee-habitat-alexandra-grocery-store-cafe-628x419.jpg

It won’t be just another online grocer or food delivery service for Honestbee as the company opens a new brick and mortar store that mixes supermarket with cafe concepts at Alexandra this week.

Called the Habitat, it will be Honestbee’s first venture on a physical space that offers the world’s first tech-integrated multi-sensory grocery and dining experience.

Habitat will come with a grocery section that carries fresh ingredients directly sourced from farmers and producers around the globe including Japanese spices, dry-aged meat, prosciutto on demand, limited edition balsamic vinegar and unique seasonal produce.

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-2-628x419.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-5-628x419.jpg

It will also house over a dozen cafe and dining concepts including Korean fried chicken from KF Chua, milkshakes and premium ice cream from Milk Made, bubble tea and kombucha from Mr Bubbles, craft beers from White Moustache and much more.

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-3-628x419.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-4-628x416.jpg

honestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-1-628x401.jpg

Food Meets Technology

honestbee-habitat-food-meets-technology-628x399.jpg

Besides good food and fresh groceries, Habitat by Honestbee will also be tech-enabled that offers cashless transactions, fully automated checkouts with robots and conveyor belts that manage the packing and collection.

Habitat opens this Thursday, 18 October at 34 Boon Leat Terrace. Nearest MRT stations at Pasir Panjang and Labrador Park.

Edited by ChaosMyth, 17 October 2018 - 02:12 PM.

Lotr, Beregond, Freeder, Spring and Atrecord praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

i doubt it will be cheap, more on the cafe and shopping experience.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    Supercharged
    Author Image

More importantly... got free parking?  :grin:

Sunny and Lotr praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i dun think will be cheap.

look at the place  , layout know liao.

Mustank and Ash2017 praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail. 

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only winner here is the landlord.Period. :D

Lala81, Mustank, Beregond and Freeder praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so many merchant already trying to close their shop to go online they still open new shop. lets see how long it can last.

Edited by Xers007, 17 October 2018 - 02:59 PM.

back to the same old days ...

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

too far and out for me

stick to my ikea/giant tampines..

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

Vratenza, Blueray, Mustank, Picnic06-Biante15, Beregond, Drafting88, BanCoe, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

in just one post youve sorta jst destroyed their new megastore a day before their opening.  [laugh]  [grin]

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

ChaosMyth praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many high end condo in Alexandra... used to be cheap 1 rm 1 hall hdb 😂
Sunny praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail.

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

I give it 3 years.

I've been there already.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

Not enough parking?
Don't feel like going liao...
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:56 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

they are promoting a high technology supermarket will be like, all about adapting and experience. It may slowly implemented in more supermarkets.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:10 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

Freeder, Uncle2 and Mercs praised this

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

That’s why u r still being employed

Rather than self employed

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

ARC parking.

surrounded by many offices. Good location for weekday human traffic.

weekend probably will be like ARC.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

in just one post youve sorta jst destroyed their new megastore a day before their opening.  [laugh]  [grin]

huh? no lah... haha don't misunderstand. just a personal view.

The whole place has a good idea: go in, buy what you need, send it through their delivery service and walk out of that place without having to lug bags and bags of groceries. so that's appealing to the busy office folks. maximum convenience.

But I wouldn't go there to chill....

ARC parking.

ya ARC parking would be the best, short walk only.

they are promoting a high technology supermarket will be like, all about adapting and experience. It may slowly implemented in more supermarkets.

the experience can be very relative lah... but I do like the feature that I don't have to bring my wallet. Just a handphone and the Honestbee app is sufficient and plus the fact that I don't have to carry the groceries with me, I'm ok with that too. If NTUC can work towards that, then yeah, it's cool.

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ARC parking.

ARC parking is free whole day on weekend, if short walking distance then still not bad.

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ARC parking is free whole day on weekend, if short walking distance then still not bad.

weekend go there see pretty tai tai..😀
Freeder and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

weekend go there see pretty tai tai..😀

Dont know if this place would become same like ikea on weekend? Crowded with people and kids?!

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:30 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

who'd want to go all the way there just to buy grocery ?

high tech or not, people want convenience.

if I go to a supermart, pick up some stuffs, and I see long long queue at check out counter, I usually drop the stuffs and walk away.

Fix that problem. Don't need any fancy high-tech stuff.

Volvobrick and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if park at ARC.. i will go to the ntuc at ARC...  [:p]

Freeder, Lala81 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Are the prices there much lower than aunty lucy or sing song?

Otherwise what’s the point?

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

seems like have to use their in-house app for payment.

next ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Angcheek and Freeder praised this
focus

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if park at ARC.. i will go to the ntuc at ARC...  [:p]

Haa, forgot there is a NTUC at ARC. Been there before, that NTUC not bad.

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

seems like have to use their in-house app for payment.

next ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Yes , via their apps . Payment is actually tie to CC or DC .

Oh ya , today Lobster going at 9.9 per piece . limit to 2 per pax

Edited by Angcheek, 18 October 2018 - 05:26 PM.

Mercs, Blueray, Freeder, Uncle2 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so many merchant already trying to close their shop to go online they still open new shop. lets see how long it can last.

Then why amazon buy wholefoods for 14 bil usd?

Lala81 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
That is all.

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:12 AM

Beanoyip
  • Beanoyip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone tried it yet? How was the experience? Are the items cheaper than NTUC?

===============================================
::Disturb the unperturbed::
===============================================

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Carhorn
  • Carhorn
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Only winner here is the landlord.Period. :D

Hahahhaha... thot is govt?
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am at honeybee now.

Crowded. Need to download app to gain entry.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am at honeybee now.

If no app, means cannot enter the store?  [hur]

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I am at honeybee now.

Me wait a few more weeks till the crowd no more then go

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmm those IT idiot like me can forget it. Lucky my wife good in online purchase. Entrance/exit/payment/collection all use app.
Cashless

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

Cheong72
  • Premium member
    Cheong72
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I went there yesterday. Yup, you'd have to download their app to scan the QR code to enter. Many were stuck at the entrance. There is ample parking...go all the way round and there is a basement parking. The parking seems to be free. For the serious grocery shopper, you most likely won't get everything there. The selection is not great. For those who wanna sit around...you'd probably won't relax too long there too. The atmosphere is not relaxing. To me its a neither here nor there theme...I don't like it

Attached Thumbnails

• _20181020_111655.jpg
  • _20181020_105724.jpg
  • _20181020_105713.jpg
  • _20181020_104859.jpg

Edited by Cheong72, 21 October 2018 - 02:34 PM.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Did you say free parking?  [angel]

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

gourmet European style?

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:53 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Did you say free parking? [angel]

U always boh eng , y so sexcited?
Dun tell me u.......ummm
Spring, Angcheek and Ash2017 praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1st three hour parking for yesterday and today.

It work similar to u trip wallet. Transfer from cc to their app. Minimum top up $10

gourmet European style?

Rojak.

Neither here nor there..
Blueray and Lala81 praised this

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some photo here as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181021_131207.jpg
  • 20181021_131440.jpg
  • 20181021_132035.jpg

Edited by Kopites, 21 October 2018 - 03:07 PM.

Ash2017 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

We went there.  The sit-in dining isn't cheap.  Still, a novel experience watching the robots.

Yellow robotic check-out.

Class 95 DJs on site hosting a show. Simone Heng and John Klass.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Parking area very limited ...
Freeder, Uncle2, Mercs, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought tech was supposed to make things easier and faster not more complicated and slow
Picnic06-Biante15, Lala81, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:19 PM

Ghgan
  • Premium member
    Ghgan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It is a start, but still need lot of catch up with Alibaba supermarket and food court.

Atrecord, BanCoe and Mustank praised this

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:07 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This thread is informative.

For old school guy like myself, who hasn't been keeping updated about current affairs, it's very useful to learn that there are such business going on now.

Whether it lasts or not, is another matter. But it's sure innovative.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Free parking, free aircon.... What is there not to like....

As long as someone else pays for it....  :D

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I went there yesterday. Yup, you'd have to download their app to scan the QR code to enter. Many were stuck at the entrance. There is ample parking...go all the way round and there is a basement parking. The parking seems to be free. For the serious grocery shopper, you most likely won't get everything there. The selection is not great. For those who wanna sit around...you'd probably won't relax too long there too. The atmosphere is not relaxing. To me its a neither here nor there theme...I don't like it

Indeed need to download their apps to enter and exit, and everything in the store must browse their apps to purchase and make payment with credit card using their apps. Quite troublesome having to browse through the apps la. Although they provide free Wifi. Parking is full on weekend la, nearest carpark is Mapletree. If parked at ARC, need to walk some distance to honestbee.

Edited by 13177, 22 October 2018 - 10:02 AM.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

is it really more troublesome or is people just not used to it?

Othello praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

is it really more troublesome or is people just not used to it?

probably become a norm in 5 yrs time.

but i am happy to do most of my shopping at redmart and deliver to my place.

Mustank praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honestbee, megastore, honest bee and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users