Honestbee Megastore - from boom to doom

ChaosMyth

yeah it's good to keep abreast of what is happening. So u don't appear suaku  [laugh]

I still do my grocery shopping the old school way, unless it's rice, PET bottles then I maybe interested in online grocery discount.

Exactly.

I was like... heng read this thread. Otherwise, next time got people talk about this I might just say don't anyhow invent things... ha ha [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Interesting maybe drop by these days,

the only thing I remember about honest bee is all their staff bored to tears in booths around Suntec hehe

Honestbee to open new high-tech Grocery & Dining Megastore

https://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2018/10/17/honestbee-habitat-grocery-cafe-megastore-alexandra-opening-launch

For those lazy to click on link and read, Ive done the hardwork for yall. Another place to hangout? Or just a matter of time when this will fail too............. How sustainable are these mega stores. Look at Decathlon, Don Don Donki. Are these also a matter of time in tiny SG? 

attachicon.gifhonestbee-habitat-alexandra-grocery-store-cafe-628x419.jpg

It won’t be just another online grocer or food delivery service for Honestbee as the company opens a new brick and mortar store that mixes supermarket with cafe concepts at Alexandra this week.

Called the Habitat, it will be Honestbee’s first venture on a physical space that offers the world’s first tech-integrated multi-sensory grocery and dining experience.

Habitat will come with a grocery section that carries fresh ingredients directly sourced from farmers and producers around the globe including Japanese spices, dry-aged meat, prosciutto on demand, limited edition balsamic vinegar and unique seasonal produce.

attachicon.gifhonestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-2-628x419.jpg

attachicon.gifhonestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-5-628x419.jpg

It will also house over a dozen cafe and dining concepts including Korean fried chicken from KF Chua, milkshakes and premium ice cream from Milk Made, bubble tea and kombucha from Mr Bubbles, craft beers from White Moustache and much more.

attachicon.gifhonestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-3-628x419.jpg

attachicon.gifhonestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-4-628x416.jpg

attachicon.gifhonestbee-new-grocery-store-cafe-concept-1-628x401.jpg

Food Meets Technology

attachicon.gifhonestbee-habitat-food-meets-technology-628x399.jpg

Besides good food and fresh groceries, Habitat by Honestbee will also be tech-enabled that offers cashless transactions, fully automated checkouts with robots and conveyor belts that manage the packing and collection.

Habitat opens this Thursday, 18 October at 34 Boon Leat Terrace. Nearest MRT stations at Pasir Panjang and Labrador Park.

• Praise 1

probably become a norm in 5 yrs time.

but i am happy to do most of my shopping at redmart and deliver to my place.

is redmart better than NTUC Fairprice?

Interesting maybe drop by these days,

the only thing I remember about honest bee is all their staff bored to tears in booths around Suntec hehe

The ntuc i frequent nearby has honest bee staff to buy items and the delivery vans come as well to pick up stuff.

Usually in the weekday mornings, the woman inside the NTUC seems quite busy

• Praise 2

it's not about kankor..... it's about moving with tech..

already a norm in china... and the good thing is no cash involved... so less dispute, less fake currency and less robbery....

Moving with tech, until a blackout happens. Or until a severe storm/earthquake/flood/some other natural disaster happens.

Like in Japan recently when power got knocked out after the typhoons, those people without cash and were used to paying with their phones could not buy anything at all.

Sometimes tech for the sake of tech is just pointless. Honestbee's store might have potential, but at this point it is just a (pointless) tech showcase. Same goes for isteak's (and itacho's) food ordering system. Really not well thought through and itacho is prob one of the worst offenders, forcing diners to download and install an app. At least isteak's system is a web-app, so no need to download and install anything on your own phone. But isteaks ordering system is very cumbersome and only takes food orders (with no communication to users that side dishes are to be selected when collecting food, which led to many having to ask the staff where the side orders can be found on the online menu.) Drinks are also not found on the online menu and customers will have to get up and go Q at another side counter to manually collect and pay (with cash), for their drinks. This is very very stupid and feels like a half-f effort to do go "cashless", they prob paid a vendor to come up with something and decided that even though it was dumb, it was too late to abandon the system. 

Macdonalds on the other hand, has implemented it well and has a really nice and easy to use system which does make ordering food fast and easy. The others are just trying to make things easier for themselves at the expense of a good customer experience. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

cham liao lah, all the ah gong and ah ma dun dare to go out liao

transport, makan, grocery all become so high tech :D

Moving with tech, until a blackout happens. Or until a severe storm/earthquake/flood/some other natural disaster happens.

Like in Japan recently when power got knocked out after the typhoons, those people without cash and were used to paying with their phones could not buy anything at all.

Sometimes tech for the sake of tech is just pointless. Honestbee's store might have potential, but at this point it is just a (pointless) tech showcase. Same goes for isteak's (and itacho's) food ordering system. Really not well thought through and itacho is prob one of the worst offenders, forcing diners to download and install an app. At least isteak's system is a web-app, so no need to download and install anything on your own phone. But isteaks ordering system is very cumbersome and only takes food orders (with no communication to users that side dishes are to be selected when collecting food, which led to many having to ask the staff where the side orders can be found on the online menu.) Drinks are also not found on the online menu and customers will have to get up and go Q at another side counter to manually collect and pay (with cash), for their drinks. This is very very stupid and feels like a half-f effort to do go "cashless", they prob paid a vendor to come up with something and decided that even though it was dumb, it was too late to abandon the system.

Macdonalds on the other hand, has implemented it well and has a really nice and easy to use system which does make ordering food fast and easy. The others are just trying to make things easier for themselves at the expense of a good customer experience.

Can I disagreed with you on macdonald! I always have hard time ordering from their self ordering machine. I look at screen..flip here..flip there..don't know hiw to start..end up go queue at the counter.

At for this honest bee store ..my wife was the one handling all the app install..sign up..with the help of honest bee at the entrance.

My wife smart..she used my cc number on the honest bee app installed in her phone.

Can I disagreed with you on macdonald! I always have hard time ordering from their self ordering machine. I look at screen..flip here..flip there..don't know hiw to start..end up go queue at the counter.

At for this honest bee store ..my wife was the one handling all the app install..sign up..with the help of honest bee at the entrance.

My wife smart..she used my cc number on the honest bee app installed in her phone.

Hard truth, if u can't handle macdonald's self ordering machine, that's very jialat  [laugh]  [laugh]

I bet once 4D/Toto automated for self serve and payment, all the old folk can learn within 1 hr and able to use other self service kiosk liao [laugh]

• Praise 1

I bet once 4D/Toto automated for self serve and payment, all the old folk can learn within 1 hr and able to use other self service kiosk liao [laugh]

Nod..Nod..

I can even analyse those odd on weekend matches. All number no problem at all. Everytime when i stare hard at the small monitor it seem like the numbers are jumping up/down trying to hint me on something big!

There is one positive praise for honest bee! Their toilet...anyone tried it?

They even has one staff at the basin offering towel to dry your hand. The basin tap is those foot activate type.

Remind me of those club toilet..minus the body freshener spray.

Edited by Kopites

They even has one staff at the basin offering towel to dry your hand. The basin tap is those foot activate type.

Robot help hold your kkj

Mehnonald u cannot den u better don't go isteak and itacho liao

Need honestbee app to go into the toilet ? [:p]

That one don't need.

I warn you. Don't use your hand try turn on the basin tap. Use your foot to step on the senor (button) under the basin.

cham liao lah, all the ah gong and ah ma dun dare to go out liao

transport, makan, grocery all become so high tech :D

It's just mentality, bro.

China ah ma and ah kong all using WeChat to pay and sell stuff. No one uses cash there, not even the road side stall.

• Praise 3

What's the purpose of the staff there?

Maybe teach people how to use the foot to wash the hands.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1