First Air taxi trials to take place in SG in 2019

ChaosMyth

We have difficulty in avoiding accidents caused by reckless idiots even on the roads with proper lane marking and traffic control system, I cannot imagine the madness with air taxi plying over our head, if they are of existing taxi/PHV quality...

• Praise 10

LOL....now all cars must option in the panoroof...... must look front, back, left , right and UP for reckless taxis/PHV/PMDs/Cyclist/motorcyclists..... :D

We have difficulty in avoiding accidents caused by reckless idiots even on the roads with proper lane marking and traffic control system, I cannot imagine the madness with air taxi plying over our head, if they are of existing taxi/PHV quality...

LOL....now all cars must option in the panoroof...... must look front, back, left , right and UP for reckless taxis/PHV/PMDs/Cyclist/motorcyclists..... :D

Ehmm... My car is "future-proof" then :D :D

Not only that, since the air taxi might also ended up in autonomous model, we better pray that there is not major failure with our power and communication system.

• Praise 4

Drop like grapes, or rather drop like durians, how ah?  :XD:

hail-ice-put-in-mouth-dropping-like-grap

Moving towards this?

Screen-Shot-2016-05-12-at-12.59.29-PM.pn

Good luck to this Air Taxi navigating all the no fly zones..... :D

area-limits.jpg

Govt initiative, they can shift the goalposts as they like. Whatever reasons for the no-fly zones in the first place be damned.

Edited by Sosaria

Good luck to this Air Taxi navigating all the no fly zones..... :D

area-limits.jpg

Ah gong sanctioned. Cause got $$ to collect in the end. Sure approved.

No money to be made from hobby drones, of course they will be restricted.

if accident how.

not bumper kiss bumper that simple.

singapore so crowded,

if drop , super high % chance will hit ppl.

wat will be the insurance like?? 

I happen to find out the no flight zone this week. It is like the entire island. I called CAAS and ask if someone flew one into my building/home in one of the zone, do i return or surrender to caas? 

Afterall the reason for no flight zone is obvious right?

Actually a potential benefit would be as air ambulance? Some hospitals have helipads already. If for example an emergency occurs in a school, the field can be as the pick up point.

Or maybe for responders? Like now they send people on motorbikes maybe next time in helicopters? I dunno. I see a lot of 911 shows and I try to extrapolate to see if it is workable here.

It might not be practical NOW cos the helicopters belong to SAF and I think they are very big and might not be suitable for school fields or car park (top floor of MSCP) but if the air taxi is slightly bigger than the average car....

@victor68 might be wrong but I think emergency flights are exempt from no flight zones.

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1