Taiwan train derails at least 17 dead

ChaosMyth

Trains are pretty loud, not say u can't hear a train coming even if it doesn't sound a whistle.

Only plausible explanation is that the area is jam packed and people couldn't move away.

It's the same thing when you drive to Little India. Not happening anywhere else in Singapore, not even Chinatown if you want to say it's overcrowded.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's the same thing when you drive to Little India. Not happening anywhere else in Singapore, not even Chinatown if you want to say it's overcrowded.

I agree. 

Edited by Lala81

Trains are pretty loud, not say u can't hear a train coming even if it doesn't sound a whistle.

Only plausible explanation is that the area is jam packed and people couldn't move away.

it was a Hindu festival with fireworks

that said, I've seen youtube clips of people standing very near the train track or platform, apparently not knowing train is coming till it was very very late. Maybe our ears can't register distance 

Edited by Othello

it was a Hindu festival with fireworks

that said, I've seen youtube clips of people standing very near the train track or platform, apparently not knowing train is coming till it was very very late. Maybe our ears can't register distance 

maybe if an earthquake was ongoing at the same time, then i won't register  [dead]

Fireworks? Not really an excuse bah. Well who knows, maybe they were blaring some music/prayer chanting via speakers like in a club.

Edited by Lala81

ya from the news its like little india,

every 1 having activity on the road.

then imagine suddenly a bus go full speed over.

the accident happen at night. very poor lighting.

i think those ppl actually  believe the train would stop.

but apparently the railway company say they are not inform of any activity on the track, and the train just go full speed over,

It's the India culture. Who in the sane mind would want to stand or even walk to any train tracks? They would also walk along the roads and not on the pavement, cross the roads slowly by taking their sweet time even with glaring on coming traffic. You can say their sense of danger as non existing. They are in a world of their own.

how do I put it ? Spoke to an Indian acquaintance. 

Their attitude/feelings/perception of law and order is totally abnormal. The sheer volume of people and traffic in their homeland means these 2 must coexist, hence there is no notion of car must give way or vice versa. 

Towards authority or specifically the Police, there is absolute distrust in the matas among the common people. (Some believe this is a major factor in the Little India Riot) 

The rape culture ? This one I dunno  :wacko:

so yeah, you're right. They are in their own world

• Praise 3

how do I put it ? Spoke to an Indian acquaintance. 

Their attitude/feelings/perception of law and order is totally abnormal. The sheer volume of people and traffic in their homeland means these 2 must coexist, hence there is no notion of car must give way or vice versa. 

Towards authority or specifically the Police, there is absolute distrust in the matas among the common people. (Some believe this is a major factor in the Little India Riot) 

The rape culture ? This one I dunno  :wacko:

so yeah, you're right. They are in their own world

1.33 billion people. The largest population in the world. haha i think they definitely are in their own world.

Their cities are so overcrowded, that yeah, respect for traffic just simply don't exist.

1.33 billion people. The largest population in the world. haha i think they definitely are in their own world.

Their cities are so overcrowded, that yeah, respect for traffic just simply don't exist.

didnt know they overtook china liao [;)]

Thanks to their 1 child policy for many years.

got very strong rumors that even the 2 child policy will be removed soon.

But that was before the trade war, think they probably delaying it now in view of the economic issues.

The disaster was Taiwan's deadliest rail accident since a 1981 collision that killed 30 people, the official Central News Agency said.

The head of the state railway administration, Lu Jie-shen, had offered to resign but the transport minister did not accept the offer, the news agency reported.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/taiwan-train-accident-disaster-tsai-ing-wen-relatives-10851002

I copied that paragraph where head of the state rail offered to resign.

looks like the rain didn't reduce speed when approaching the platform.

https://www.facebook.com/news.ebc/videos/717302635289547/?t=2

In the first place are they supposed to reduce speed in cornering? Me novice..nothis train expert.

looks like the rain didn't reduce speed when approaching the platform.

https://www.facebook.com/news.ebc/videos/717302635289547/?t=2

In the first place are they supposed to reduce speed in cornering? Me novice..nothis train expert. Edited by Kopites

In the first place are they supposed to reduce speed in cornering? Me novice..nothis train expert.

preliminary investigation point to speeding, they have to further investigate why the train didn't reduce speed whether human or mechanical fault.

of course many also blame the long outstanding SOP and the internal issues (manpower, tight schedule, maintenance, etc) of the train company.

The disaster was Taiwan's deadliest rail accident since a 1981 collision that killed 30 people, the official Central News Agency said.

The head of the state railway administration, Lu Jie-shen, had offered to resign but the transport minister did not accept the offer, the news agency reported.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/taiwan-train-accident-disaster-tsai-ing-wen-relatives-10851002

I copied that paragraph where head of the state rail offered to resign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstoppable_(2010_film)

you may wanna watch this movie

Japanese technology is not always the best, especially those export model.

let see whether will the Taiwan gov improved after they reunion with china.

↡ Advertisement