92 replies to this topic | 335 praises

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Finally

https://www.onemotor...9tWuGcOCFEeJVas

https://www.straitst...obox=1540164192

Theoldjaffa, RH1667, Tianmo, RogerNg_185295, Beregond, Davidtch, kobayashiGT and 2 other members praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

About time... traffic at the junction causes vehicles to pile up, then lane 1 gets affected due to slowdown.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Oh, this exit at clementi.
I remember I miss this exit before, cos I thot it should be on the left side (instead of right)

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aiyah! Wasted! I can’t cheong lane 1 ang geh siao tell mata I wanna exit Clementi liao :XD:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good move, LTA πŸ‘
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Take damn long to correct a wrong design πŸ‘Ž
Uncle2, Volvobrick and Hamburger praised this

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Finally ! Better late than never. 

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got to miss those days exiting from the right. πŸ˜‚
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LoL...don't praise LTA too early. Look at the road design again. It's connecting back to the existing traffic junction. Means the potential to cause jam to tail back. And the BKE exit PIE towards tuas isn't that far away. The tail back can possibly jam the BKE as well. Especially during peak hours.

LTA is just moving the jam from one place to another. Much like what they do with ERP. Don't think they deserve the praise. Get ready for face palm instead. [laugh]

Kopites, andrewyewkc and Atonchia praised this
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Take damn long to correct a wrong design Γ°

Nod Nod..this exit has been there since 70s?

I think the removal of this exit is more to do with the up coming surrounding construction than to rectify a design fault.

LoL...don't praise LTA too early. Look at the road design again. It's connecting back to the existing traffic junction. Means the potential to cause jam to tail back. And the BKE exit PIE towards tuas isn't that far away. The tail back can possibly jam the BKE as well. Especially during peak hours.

LTA is just moving the jam from one place to another. Much like what they do with ERP. Don't think they deserve the praise. Get ready for face palm instead. [laugh]

They build an underpass to connect over through the clementine stretch. End up the junction beneath the flyover jam.

Edited by Kopites, 22 October 2018 - 09:15 AM.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I use this road for as long as I can remember, its not only annoying but dangerous as well. However, the interesting thing is I think the accident rate there is actually lower than other parts of PIE, at least I have not seen any throughout my years of driving along there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally I support the change, which is long overdue.  [thumbsup]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I use this road for as long as I can remember, its not only annoying but dangerous as well. However, the interesting thing is I think the accident rate there is actually lower than other parts of PIE, at least I have not seen any throughout my years of driving along there. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Personally I support the change, which is long overdue. [thumbsup]

My thoughts are that there are few blindspots there and since it's exit on the right side it is not easy to speed so maybe that's why there are few accidents there....

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it's been there for the longest time almost can qualify as a heritage feature....wonder if the heritage activist will go up in arms to block the construction?

:D

but yeah...stupid slipshod money saving design..........time to go....better late than pregnant :D

Theoldjaffa and F355 praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Finally ! Better late than never. 

It was brought to their attention 20+ years ago and only now they completed their studies ..... [crazy]

Another 4 years to build the underpass ... :wacko:

RH1667 praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it was there for the longest time lah before roads were converted to expressways and traffic lights removed.

who can still remember the time when ecp had traffic lights?

πŸ˜…

Edited by Enye, 22 October 2018 - 10:18 AM.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My thoughts are that there are few blindspots there and since it's exit on the right side it is not easy to speed so maybe that's why there are few accidents there....

I also dont know if this is the reason,  but if we take into consideration of traffics coming in from BKE trying to filter their way to the exit, vehicles picking speed after the traffic camera on PIE, vehicles moving into the fast lane from slower lanes and putting their brakes to slow down on the fastest lane, heavy vehicles "hogging" lane 1 from as far back as before the BKE merging in, vehicles trying to move from lane 1 to lane 2 to overtake while having to look out for traffic coming from BKE moving all the way to the right. 

All these make it an ideal place for accidents to happen, all it takes is 1 careless driver to ignite it. Anyway the speed travelling there is not exactly slow also, but so far accident rate seem like a lot better than straight roads on PIE. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Underpass? That stretch of Bt Timah Rd got ponding risk.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Since they have tolerated this right-hand exit for decades, the reason for change is probably due to something else.

Once I was driving behind a lorry in lane 3 when the driver suddenly realize the exit is on his right. So he stopped the lorry in the middle of the expressway to wait for lane 1 & 2 to clear before exiting. All the vehicles have to come to a sudden stop. Later I went to report police with my video footage but the police refuse to take the video evidence and just wrote a report for me. Nothing happened to the lorry driver although he could have killed a few people.

Tianmo and RH1667 praised this

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Underpass? That stretch of Bt Timah Rd got ponding risk.

Nope....

That parts at Jalan Anak Bukit sit on higher ground. There is a underpass from Upper Bukit Timah Rd to Clementi Road.

If LTA will to open an underpass on the right side of PIE, they have to eat into some bungalows land ....    [sweatdrop]

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:58 AM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

it was there for the longest time lah before roads were converted to expressways and traffic lights removed.

who can still remember the time when ecp had traffic lights?

πŸ˜…

I think it was at the changi airport stretch very near to the aeroplane flyover.

back to the same old days ...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: right, exit, highway, phv, ccb and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users