8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

into the 4th or fifth tank now and the average is about 870-900 km/tank base on my driving pattern of 40 city and 60 Hwy.

Hi, thanks for the update. What is the amount of fuel you pumped each time?
↡ Advertisement

sorry man. Japan spec sheets says unleaded regular gasoline.

使用燃料:

無鉛レギュラーガソリン

https://toyota.jp/pages/contents/camry/008_p_001/pdf/spec/camry_spec_201808.pdf

No where does it mention premium. that is the HUGE misconception with JDM cars. Majority do not need premium gasoline 96RON and up. Most only need 89RON.

also your are mistaken on the Japanese Regular(>=89RON) and High Octane(>=96RON)

Jap Camry is hybrid only. Hybrid vehicles don't push their combustion engines hard (the electric motor does the hard work) and so usually can tolerate any fuel octane level.

Why BM can't include the factory HU as shown in bolehland XCV70? Bolehland Camry got the old style 2.5 to suit their lousy Euro 2 95 octane gas, but equipment wise, they are better than us... 

How much can u save on OMV by leaving a big 2DIN hole in your new Camry 2.5?!

KLIMS18_Toyota_Camry-19-850x567.jpg

KLIMS18_Toyota_Camry-16-850x567.jpg

Why BM can't include the factory HU as shown in bolehland XCV70? Bolehland Camry got the old style 2.5 to suit their lousy Euro 2 95 octane gas, but equipment wise, they are better than us...

Most AD do not pay much emphasis on accessories, which is not keeping in touch with today's customer desire.

Most AD do not pay much emphasis on accessories, which is not keeping in touch with today's customer desire.

Just look at bolehland specs lor. 

JBL speakers with sub in the spare wheel well. And Dolby Digital audio.

We got nothing here. 

• Praise 1

Took delivery of my new Camry 2.5 hybrid last month. Smooth quiet and very comfortable drive . Very refined new dynamic force engine.

BHP @combine 218hp is more than adequate.

Can share what wheels are those?

i think a superior engine is a good compromise for a lousy iu. 

i think a superior engine is a good compromise for a lousy iu. 

But these days most car buyers (excluding those who have money to change a status symbol car every 2 weeks) are looking for the complete package. The whole "experience", as it were. As opposed to just the quality of the engine.

How often do you see on the forum the criticism levelled at certain ADs for not incorporating Apple Carplay or Android Auto right from the get-go?

Don't get me wrong, I like Toyota for the reliability of their cars (My 2nd gen Prius lasted a full 10 years with the only major breakdown in the air-conditioning unit). But BM is not pricing their vehicles aggressively enough. Perhaps they don't feel the need to? That the reliability of their cars is big enough of a draw.

I dunno, but it boils down to willing seller willing buyer I guess.

But these days most car buyers (excluding those who have money to change a status symbol car every 2 weeks) are looking for the complete package. The whole "experience", as it were. As opposed to just the quality of the engine.

How often do you see on the forum the criticism levelled at certain ADs for not incorporating Apple Carplay or Android Auto right from the get-go?

Don't get me wrong, I like Toyota for the reliability of their cars (My 2nd gen Prius lasted a full 10 years with the only major breakdown in the air-conditioning unit). But BM is not pricing their vehicles aggressively enough. Perhaps they don't feel the need to? That the reliability of their cars is big enough of a draw.

I dunno, but it boils down to willing seller willing buyer I guess.

I understand your POV, the new Camry is overpriced at this moment. The same price can get you an Audi A4. I am just saying if there is a compromise to be made. I rather live with the lousy iu than an inferior engine. Edited by camrysfe

I understand your POV, the new Camry is overpriced at this moment. The same price can get you an Audi A4. I am just saying if there is a compromise to be made. I rather live with the lousy iu than an inferior engine.

2.0l Camry now selling at $143k while 2.0 A4 now is $177.

It’s more than $30k difference.

2.0l Camry now selling at $143k while 2.0 A4 now is $177.

It’s more than $30k difference.

Think the A4 (base 2.0 low tune) is around 150k.....