8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Toyota has had a committee looking at it since 2016 and just formed a new working group to speed things up.

They have not mass produced an EV as they are working on solid state batteries, which are harder to engineer than lithium ion but have much more energy density and other useful characteristics. Pardon my lack of sources, articles have been coming from Toyota's Newsroom site and sites like Caradvice over the past months.

Although not confirmed, I'm expecting some Toyota know-how in both BMW's EVs and PHEVs from their collaboration agreement. Last I read they consulted closely on electric motor design. Toyota also collaborates on hydrogen cell tech, as well as the upcoming Supra with BMW.

Let's see how things go, latest news is Dyson is also going to do electric cars, manufactured in Singapore! See CNA.

Toyota is either the first mover or a conservative mover. Just like how they did hybrid way before anyone else, but took forever to move away from nickel metal hydride batteries. Since they already lost first mover advantage to Tesla, I think they are taking a conservative approach and trying to go for the next-gen battery tech.

5 praise.

Prius has PHEV version.

↡ Advertisement

Toyota has had a committee looking at it since 2016 and just formed a new working group to speed things up.

They have not mass produced an EV as they are working on solid state batteries, which are harder to engineer than lithium ion but have much more energy density and other useful characteristics. Pardon my lack of sources, articles have been coming from Toyota's Newsroom site and sites like Caradvice over the past months.

Although not confirmed, I'm expecting some Toyota know-how in both BMW's EVs and PHEVs from their collaboration agreement. Last I read they consulted closely on electric motor design. Toyota also collaborates on hydrogen cell tech, as well as the upcoming Supra with BMW.

Let's see how things go, latest news is Dyson is also going to do electric cars, manufactured in Singapore! See CNA. 

Toyota is either the first mover or a conservative mover. Just like how they did hybrid way before anyone else, but took forever to move away from nickel metal hydride batteries. Since they already lost first mover advantage to Tesla, I think they are taking a conservative approach and trying to go for the next-gen battery tech.

I hope Toyota will succeed in its solid state batteries. 

From Thailand website, they have the new 2.5 Dynamic Force engine with 8 speed AT. looks promising for the Singapore version which should be coming from Thai factories

From Thailand website, they have the new 2.5 Dynamic Force engine with 8 speed AT. looks promising for the Singapore version which should be coming from Thai factories

Hopefully so, hate to see Toyota always bringing low tech engines into our marketplace.

The Malaysians suspect it's the old engines though:

https://paultan.org/2018/10/28/2019-toyota-camry-malaysia-soon/

• Praise 1

Looks like the PI Camry is selling quite good.

Over the weekend saw a gold one.

Today saw a dark blue one. 

45011673_1983958341671101_91940560460861

So Optima

:D

Toyota Designers run out of Ideas,so Copied a bit of Korean Design..[anyway Korean Cars are very beautiful now]....so not a bad idea...

• Praise 2

Hopefully so, hate to see Toyota always bringing low tech engines into our marketplace.

The Malaysians suspect it's the old engines though:

https://paultan.org/2018/10/28/2019-toyota-camry-malaysia-soon/

2L still carries over from AR series.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/1566590/2018-toyota-camry-thai-prices-and-specs

More driver-assist technologies have been introduced into the Camry such as pre-collision system, automatic cruise control and lane departure warning. Nine airbags are standard across the range, while higher models get rear backrests that can recline and front seats with cool-air ventilation. Sporty accessories from TRD are also available as options.

Hopefully these are not strip out of Singapore bound Camry

Toyota Designers run out of Ideas,so Copied a bit of Korean Design..[anyway Korean Cars are very beautiful now]....so not a bad idea...

I thought this Camry still alright. It certainly eludes its own design language in some ways. Wait till you see the new Nissan Teana or Altima, that model totally lost its design character than previous models. The new Teana looks more like the previous model KIA k5 Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement