8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

This is something I cannot Tahan or stomach. For 3 previous generation the same old 2.0 . This shows how sincere BM or ( rather the Jap are )is if the new 2019 is still using the same old 2.0. 2years back already see the Dynamic Force Shit advertisement on YouTube . Now you still offer me the same old same old crap.

It shows that you don’t even go through wiki on Toyota straight 4.

Nevemind, let me educate you.

The 1st dynamic force engine is A25a-FKS. 25 denotes 2.5L. It was introduced in 2017 concurrently with Toyota Camry XV70.

M20A-FKS was introduced in 2018. I think only use on New RAV4. Dream on that it will be current launch.

Lastly, Toyota 2L turbo engine is from AR series which has been there since 2008.

↡ Advertisement

Based on Toyota Thailand webby, 2.5L is A25A-FKB matched with 8 spd GB. 2L is 6AR-FBS with 6 spd GB.

Thailand 2.5L variant is slightly different from ES250 (A25A-FKS).

I didn’t know there are so many variation of this 2.5 engine. But the Camry in Malaysia is using the carryover engine from the current Camry

Based on Toyota Thailand webby, 2.5L is A25A-FKB matched with 8 spd GB. 2L is 6AR-FBS with 6 spd GB.

Thailand 2.5L variant is slightly different from ES250 (A25A-FKS).

Only becos Toyota engineers need to tune the engine to accept E85 fuel.... 85% Ethanol

. Else its the same block. 

E85 actually offers more power at the expense of lousy fuel economy. Fuel burns really fast but the rewards is much lower fuel costs in the long run. 

This is something I cannot Tahan or stomach. For 3 previous generation the same old 2.0 . This shows how sincere BM or ( rather the Jap are )is if the new 2019 is still using the same old 2.0. 2years back already see the Dynamic Force Shit advertisement on YouTube . Now you still offer me the same old same old crap.

The 2.0 is not the same through 3 gens.

Up to pre 2015, ,camry 2.0 in Singapore was using the classic AZ engine with single VVTi at inlet port. Was mated to 4 speed auto.

2015 facelift introduced the new AR based 6ar engine which had VVTiw at inlet, VVTi at outlet and both port and direct injection. Mated to proven 6speed auto (U660e)

This new Camry 2.0 is using the current 6AR engine combo.

• Praise 2

I didn’t know there are so many variation of this 2.5 engine. But the Camry in Malaysia is using the carryover engine from the current Camry

Currently, 3 variant.

Only becos Toyota engineers need to tune the engine to accept E85 fuel.... 85% Ethanol

. Else its the same block. 

E85 actually offers more power at the expense of lousy fuel economy. Fuel burns really fast but the rewards is much lower fuel costs in the long run. 

Thanks.

I know because of FKB => E85.

JDM Camry Hybrid is around $128-130K, cheaper than Thai made version, also more power, around 210BHP and very good fuel efficiency of 28km/L, OMV should be higher also ($36K)

Also has premium LED headlamp (with LED signal lamp), full LED tail lamp, 7 inch multi-info display.

But Thai made model should have both front electric seats, JDM model only driver side have electric adjustment.

• Praise 1

JDM Camry Hybrid is around $128-130K, cheaper than Thai made version, also more power, around 210BHP and very good fuel efficiency of 28km/L, OMV should be higher also ($36K)

Also has premium LED headlamp (with LED signal lamp), full LED tail lamp, 7 inch multi-info display.

But Thai made model should have both front electric seats, JDM model only driver side have electric adjustment.

2.5L Dynamic Force produces 210hp.

Thai made uses Dynamic Force 2.5L

• Praise 1

post-191882-0-82390400-1547162925_thumb.jpgpost-191882-0-87530100-1547162929_thumb.jpgpost-191882-0-52472800-1547162933_thumb.jpgpost-191882-0-83629100-1547162937_thumb.jpg

the 2.5 is indeed using the new engine. the displacement of 2,487 cc is different from the old camry 2.5 displacement and the same as the new ES

the 2.0 is still using 16 inch rims.

• Praise 3

For those going for the motorshow, can see the new Camry from BM.

U boh Eng .. but u know so many happenings at the show..

Pls CUM clean on your real agenda..

• Praise 7

U boh Eng .. but u know so many happenings at the show..

Pls CUM clean on your real agenda..

SE sent me SMS on this.
  • Praise 1

that same old crap will last you forever..it's a highly successful engine which is the envy of other manufacturers.you'd rather have a 1.2 turbo engine(what everyone else is doing) that is untested and bound to create problems sooner rather than later? there's a reason why Camry's sales volume has always been high globally. I used to work in the Middle East and all I see are Camries...none can withstand the super hot weather except the brutal never-say-die Camry. Hope one day you'll understand.

attachicon.gifcamry spec 1.jpgattachicon.gifcamry spec 2.jpgattachicon.gifcamry spec 3.jpgattachicon.gifcamry spec 4.jpg

the 2.5 is indeed using the new engine. the displacement of 2,487 cc is different from the old camry 2.5 displacement and the same as the new ES

the 2.0 is still using 16 inch rims.

engine might have the same displacement but output is different from the ES.

• Praise 3

Camry 2.0 is $141,988
Free additional 6 months Road Tax .
Free $1,000/- NTUC voucher 
While stock last
Free platinum shine glass coating
Free CDC safe drive course . 
Free upgrade to Crystalline Solar Film . 
With in house finance and insurance rebate.
Min loan $40,000 5 years interest at 1.99%

from se

wow that's seriously exp for a 2L jap sedan

Mz6 going at 118k, unless camry is giving damn good equipment

• Praise 1

wow that's seriously exp for a 2L jap sedan

Mz6 going at 118k, unless camry is giving damn good equipment

correct, sian more than half after i saw the price. 

• Praise 1

Got other B&B 2L cars with this type of ridiculous pricing or not?  [hur]

Camry 2.0 is $141,988
Free additional 6 months Road Tax .
Free $1,000/- NTUC voucher 
While stock last
Free platinum shine glass coating
Free CDC safe drive course . 
Free upgrade to Crystalline Solar Film . 
With in house finance and insurance rebate.
Min loan $40,000 5 years interest at 1.99%

from se

• Praise 1

Got other B&B 2L cars with this type of ridiculous pricing or not?  [hur]

VW passat 129k......camry price looking very ridiculous now.....

↡ Advertisement