8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Camry's pricing has already been ridiculous for dunno how long liao. Dunno why still got ppl buy from BM.

VW passat 129k......camry price looking very ridiculous now.....

↡ Advertisement

JDM Camry Hybrid is around $128-130K, cheaper than Thai made version, also more power, around 210BHP and very good fuel efficiency of 28km/L, OMV should be higher also ($36K)

Also has premium LED headlamp (with LED signal lamp), full LED tail lamp, 7 inch multi-info display.

But Thai made model should have both front electric seats, JDM model only driver side have electric adjustment.

I was quoted 118988 (Camry ascent hybrid - X variant) imported from aussie at vincar..

might be able to nego further.. OMV around 30k 

• Praise 3

Got other B&B 2L cars with this type of ridiculous pricing or not?  [hur]

Got quite a few now...

1) Mazda 6 2.0L Executive (got nice HUD and fancy autonomous braking plus other safety tech)

2) VW Passat 1.8L

3) Skoda Superb Ambition Plus (2.0L Turbocharged)

4) Honda Civic 1.5T (pretty much the closest to 2.0 NA you can get)

The price of the 2.0L new camry can get you the top-trim 2.5 Mazda 6 Luxury with all the fancy gadgetry.

• Praise 4

If I got the money and given this choices, I will get the number 3.

Got quite a few now...

1) Mazda 6 2.0L Executive (got nice HUD and fancy autonomous braking plus other safety tech)

2) VW Passat 1.8L

The price of the 2.0L new camry can get you the top-trim 2.5 Mazda 6 Luxury with all the fancy gadgetry.

• Praise 3

seriously i see nothing wrong with using old engine.

a car is more then just an engine,

if nothing wrong why change it??

if fact many newer engine is design in such a way that u cannot do a simple top overhaul.

( like the lancer cs3 engine very easy to overhaul, they dun make it that way any more)

any damage like overheat will cost u a bomb to fix) 

• Praise 1

Just a note the new RAV4 just locally launch @ Singapore Motor Show is going at 119k with 2.0L dynamic force engine and direct shift CVT. Comes with TOYOTA safety sense as well! [laugh]

This pricing i think is unbeatable. If they can put in the dynamic force engine in the RAV4 i don't see y they can't do it in the Camry.

• Praise 1

seriously i see nothing wrong with using old engine.

a car is more then just an engine,

if nothing wrong why change it??

if fact many newer engine is design in such a way that u cannot do a simple top overhaul.

( like the lancer cs3 engine very easy to overhaul, they dun make it that way any more)

any damage like overheat will cost u a bomb to fix)

Many people believe new model, new engine, new gearbox, new everything lolol

Got quite a few now...

2) VW Passat 1.8L

Even at 141k can get superb L&K top spec
  • Praise 1

JDM Camry Hybrid is around $128-130K, cheaper than Thai made version, also more power, around 210BHP and very good fuel efficiency of 28km/L, OMV should be higher also ($36K)

Also has premium LED headlamp (with LED signal lamp), full LED tail lamp, 7 inch multi-info display.

But Thai made model should have both front electric seats, JDM model only driver side have electric adjustment.

I believe that the jdm hybrid model comes with cevs rebate perhaps.

I seen one in the roadshow b4. The interior is too black i feel. Perhaps it was with wool seats. N the lights not working. So its too black. Hehe.

Many people believe new model, new engine, new gearbox, new everything lolol

Even at 141k can get superb L&K top spec

Yes, which is why the price of the Camry borders on ridiculous, given the segment it's competing in...

Of course the after-sales support of BM has typically been quite good (in contrast to... you know).

It remains to be seen however, what kind of safety tech the new Camry will be coming with.

Unfortunately, the price of the Superb L & K has gone up to 144K (rounding up) now, you still get a lot of car for your money however.

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 1

It shows that you donât even go through wiki on Toyota straight 4.

Nevemind, let me educate you.

The 1st dynamic force engine is A25a-FKS. 25 denotes 2.5L. It was introduced in 2017 concurrently with Toyota Camry XV70.

M20A-FKS was introduced in 2018. I think only use on New RAV4. Dream on that it will be current launch.

Lastly, Toyota 2L turbo engine is from AR series which has been there since 2008.

WOT....

End of the day, most will just see the final price..

• Praise 3

Just a note the new RAV4 just locally launch @ Singapore Motor Show is going at 119k with 2.0L dynamic force engine and direct shift CVT. Comes with TOYOTA safety sense as well! [laugh]

This pricing i think is unbeatable. If they can put in the dynamic force engine in the RAV4 i don't see y they can't do it in the Camry.

That’s a good price for RAV4.

Made in Japan?

That’s a good price for RAV4.

Made in Japan?

Looks like it is from Japan. Not sure. But at that price point with TSS and radar cruise control and stuff is pretty damn good. Not forgetting new dynamic force engine, Direct shift CVT,18" wheels and LED headlights etc.. Fully loaded i guess

• Praise 1

Looks like it is from Japan. Not sure. But at that price point with TSS and radar cruise control and stuff is pretty damn good. Not forgetting new dynamic force engine, Direct shift CVT,18" wheels and LED headlights etc.. Fully loaded i guess

Was just at the car show and spent a lot of time with the rav4 and an SE.

Really good price, was really surprised. But it lacks some pretty basic things, e.g:

- No reverse camera (at least the show model does not have it, but SE said he needs to check)

- No navigation or AA/AC. In fact the whole headunit isn't an LCD. It's just a basic radio. Was very surprised at that. The instrument binnacle has an LCD in it.

- Not fully convinced by the design. Front looks rugged, but the back and sides look a bit anorexic. Definitely don't think it works well in white.

- They are taking $2k refundable deposits for the car, pending test drives. When I spoke to the SE, he said they had four units left (red and white) and the next indent due next month.

Overall I'm really impressed by the price relative to other cars. Similarish price to Tuscon and Outlander, with the benefit of being a Toyota. Impressed by the safety features. Not so impressed with the missing basic features and design.

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 2

Was just at the car show and spent a lot of time with the rav4 and an SE.

Really good price, was really surprised. But it lacks some pretty basic things, e.g:

- No reverse camera (at least the show model does not have it, but SE said he needs to check)

- No navigation or AA/AC. In fact the whole headunit isn't an LCD. It's just a basic radio. Was very surprised at that. The instrument binnacle has an LCD in it.

- Not fully convinced by the design. Front looks rugged, but the back and sides look a bit anorexic. Definitely don't think it works well in white.

- They are taking $2k refundable deposits for the car, pending test drives. When I spoke to the SE, he said they had four units left (red and white) and the next indent due next month.

Overall I'm really impressed by the price relative to other cars. Similarish price to Tuscon and Outlander, with the benefit of being a Toyota. Impressed by the safety features. Not so impressed with the missing basic features and design.

Should have reverse camera, especially for SUVs.

Head unit no navigation, never mind. More important is it can support Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Can use Google Maps via Carplay and Andriod Auto. Toyota proprietary in car system looks dated, as I have see in the Corolla. 

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement