8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

The new Camry... somehow feel that the plastics quality is a notch below the thai camry of 2007-2012.

Also interior space seems also to be reduced a little bit.

Thai parts fitting also suspect - was inside a new Prius (MIJ) cab on Friday - The plastics is cheap and hard, but seems put together better than this new Thai camry.

Hi Bro. I agree with you that fitment is very bochap de. My dad's 2009 Camry has a deep dashboard creaseline on day one. It looks like someone just forced the whole dashboard in and caused it to fold and form a crease. But my dad doesn't mind it. Edited by I_RIDE_DEEP
  • Praise 1

Bumper very ugly... Reminds me of thanos mouth

Then when you're driving it you have to remind yourself you can click your fingers and half the universe will be wiped out. :D

• Praise 1

Oh please! When will BM stop adding the ulgy biege colour to the 2.5L Camry? Saw it at the motorshow I was like again trying to make it like an uncle or towkay car?

I hope there will be an option to select the colour of the trim. 

While on the other side, am excited to know how Toyota new DAT (Direct shift Automated Trans) to be when running on the road.

What a fresh oven technology over AT, CVT and DCT. 

Edited by lun71

Oh please! When will BM stop adding the ulgy biege colour to the 2.5L Camry? Saw it at the motorshow I was like again trying to make it like an uncle or towkay car?

While on the other side, am excited to know how Toyota new DAT (Direct shift Automated Trans) to be when running on the road.

Direct Shift AT is still torque converter AT

Same as AT you mentioned above

Bumper very ugly... Reminds me of thanos mouth

It's not what i would call beautiful. But i find it striking and modern looking. And will age well.

haha or maybe i have weird taste.

And hv to wear the rings on all fingers

It's not rings, it's a gauntlet.  [laugh]

Edited by DACH

FFS..That’s the Ah Pek trim..
  • Praise 4

I strongly prefer beige to black.... Beautiful color....

Direct Shift AT is still torque converter AT

Same as AT you mentioned above

I would treated that as an enhance AT than the traditional AT ie a new technology.

Somehow Toyota has emphasize on its fast shifting which seems to be compatible to DCT or DSG. Best, they have already work out till 10speeders level but probably for now this was going to be use for their Lexus models...

FFS..That’s the Ah Pek trim..

So there will be the sports trim in full black? At least as an option for buyers to choose from....not sure whats coming from Thailand factory though...

Edited by lun71
  • Praise 1

I would treated that as an enhance AT than the traditional AT ie a new technology.

Somehow Toyota has emphasize on its fast shifting which seems to be compatible to DCT or DSG. Best, they have already work out till 10speeders level but probably for now this was going to be use for their Lexus models....

This is pure marketing talk.

ZF has achieved it since the introduction of 8 spd.

0-100km/h:

BMW ///M3 7 spd DCT: 4.1sec.

Alpine B3 8 spd AT: 4.2sec

BMW 340 8 spd AT: 5.2sec

In term of torque, Alpina B3(600NM) is higher than M3(550NM) and 340(450NM).

↡ Advertisement