• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
156 replies to this topic | 511 praises

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

Stooky
  • Stooky
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

20 single-deck electric buses each from BYD and ST Engineering Land Systems

10 single-deck and 10 double-deck electric buses from Yutong

The buses will progressively arrive in Singapore from next year, with the final batch delivered in 2020

Source: The Straits Times

Beregond, Mustank, Tianmo, antelop and Blueray praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Good luck!

RH1667 and Count-Bracula praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

20 single-deck electric buses each from BYD and ST Engineering Land Systems
10 single-deck and 10 double-deck electric buses from Yutong

The buses will progressively arrive in Singapore from next year, with the final batch delivered in 2020

Source: The Straits Times

Quite normal. China is the prime of electric vehicle now.

They control high % of raw material for battery also.

Congo ? (I think so)
Eug1388 and Tianmo praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

During my trip to Hainan in May, tried the electric bus there.

not much diff but bus is smaller. and very much quieter, except for the commuters talking.

I am guessing that the SG electric buses will only ply those feeder routes as the batts might not be able to tahan bedok to jurong.

but one thing that was GREAT was it only cost RMB 1cent if you pay by wechat,

cash is rmb$2.

Edited by Ysc3, 24 October 2018 - 03:56 PM.

Tianmo and antelop praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Quite normal. China is the prime of electric vehicle now.

They control high % of raw material for battery also.

Congo ? (I think so)

Congo is cobalt which is required for Li-on batteries.

Yes the chinese have secured supplies there.

Beregond praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hope bus siao chaps don’t kope the battery :grin:
Mockngbrd and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Stooky
  • Stooky
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ST Eng should be using this Linkker bus from Finland

https://landtranspor...s-electric-bus/

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ST Eng should be using this Linkker bus from Finland

https://landtranspor...s-electric-bus/

Taobao one sure cheaper lah :XD:
BanCoe, Lala81 and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So... these Chinese buses will sneak up quietly on you... just like Chinese immigrants sneaking up quietly on our population numbers?

:D

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

During my trip to Hainan in May, tried the electric bus there.

not much diff but bus is smaller. and very much quieter, except for the commuters talking.

I am guessing that the SG electric buses will only ply those feeder routes as the batts might not be able to tahan bedok to jurong.

but one thing that was GREAT was it only cost RMB 1cent if you pay by wechat,

cash is rmb$2.

My fren working Siemen told me it definitely can do more than you said.

So... these Chinese buses will sneak up quietly on you... just like Chinese immigrants sneaking up quietly on our population numbers?

I don't mind Chinese migrants sneaking up as long as it is from Beijing or Shanghai.

:XD:  :XD:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I also guessing only lah ... about both the mileage and route.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also guessing only lah ... about both the mileage and route.

I raised this question before to my fren.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I don't mind Chinese migrants sneaking up as long as it is from Beijing or Shanghai.
:XD: :XD:

ATBCPJHJ. [laugh]
Mustank praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:19 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ATBCPJHJ. [laugh]

No idea.  Did not get a chance to try it out.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Half of the world’s electric vehicles are BYD. When we were still looking down on China, they sped ahead with cashless, cardless, machineless payments already.

Edited by Zxcvb, 24 October 2018 - 06:35 PM.

Ash2017, Beregond, Tohto, Davidtch, Ichibawa, Solar and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

actually I dont see anything wrong if our principle is to get the best, faster and cheapest

as for the Chinese immigrant issue: it is not the fault of Chinese because if the gates are not open, nothing can get through including fart, this issue of immigrant is not something new, in fact we are all in fact immigrants in one way or another; i guess the discomfort is we are loosing our identity but then again who is responsible, let me guess Thaipusam cannot have drums, but St Patrick Day can close road, Thai Songkran is celebrated at RC in a big way etc. 

Unfortunately, the retail love them for their $$$$ they bring in.

We have a tendency to put them down like they are some uncivilized animals but China is not homogenous and contains billion over of people in different stages of development. If you think they are uncivilized, what do you when your government promote Medical tourism in PUBLIC hospitals and PAY agents (more than a nurse earns in a year) to bring in foreign patients at the expense of our locals. Our locals have to be bed in corridors and tents. So who are the animals in reality. 

It is in the genes of the Chinese to do well and survive, I understand there is a billionaire being created in China every 2 days or so (from Forbes). We have to import them to make ourselves look good. 

We complain they are poorly mannered but we citizens have been called daft in front of the world and yet we accept it lying down. At least the Chinese have the guts to fight back.

This coming century is the China's century and those ignore this fact would be at their perils. Even the current president's grand daughters are learning Chinese.

So please stop blaming the immigrants, we are the deciding factor. 

Zxcvb, BanCoe, Beregond, DACH, Uncle2, Babyckh, Civic2000 and 6 other members praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good luck!

BYD is well known in the world ..... slowly but surely .... I sat in their cab in UK ...... was good .... though very plasticy
Uncle2, Freeder and Spring praised this

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:56 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I raised this question before to my fren.

Just saw the picture of the supposed electric bus... Definitely bigger than what I sat in hainan.... So perhaps youare right... can tahan further.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Half of the world’s electric vehicles are BYD. When we were still looking down on China, they sped ahead with cashless, cardless, machineless payments already.

Fully agreed.
Some of those never visited China, especially Shanghai and Beijing. They have move so much ahead of us.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmmmm....that's in the old days

these days, they turn up with expensive toys and make sure you know they have arrived

case in point

Screenshot_20181024-194244_Photos.jpg

time to change back to bm....comes with free handicap lots🤣🤣

Edited by Staff69, 24 October 2018 - 07:45 PM.

Freeder and Ash2017 praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users