LTA buys electric buses from China

Stooky

Wow manufacturing is too complicated for me. I didn't know china only produce parts and dont have their own products. Maybe soon.

↡ Advertisement

I just left the carpark behind a BYD with normal plate as well.

I was doing a double take to see if i saw correctly.

Is it a PHV?

i only hope they shorten the f**king long bus routes with the electric buses

Long bus routes good mah.

No need to keep transferring and can sleep if got seat.

Twincharged

I guess you are right. All phones now have items made all over the wrold. Lens from 1 source, sensor another. Battery even more. Haha

not only phones .... usually exquisite items ... manufacturers will source parts from different suppliers so the suppliers will not be able to clone an almost exact copy.

Putting various well-spec components together and designing and building a new product from scratch is quite different. One is following somebody's else standard, make some customization and put together a product. The other is to create something which is unavailable or can't easily copy or buy off the market - e.g. aviation engine, control systems, advanced chips, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I buy a lot of China products, China brands, many of which are high quality if you know what/where to get. Especially for some of the technology which are already quite mature in the market, simple design, they can copy quite well with cheap and fairly reliable parts and selling at very good prices. Sometimes, I may even modify them with a few Japanese components so they become more reliable, if it's simple enough and not too many SMD or SOC components. If you are selling these products and have the know how, you may want to specify to them your requirements using better, more reliable components.

Coming to the topic, I think SG is lacking in expertise to build things from scratch or at least able to understand the inner workings of technology we are buying. When you buy something you don't understand, it's just a black box, and all you can do is keep pestering the manufacturer to provide this, provide that, just say only. When they don't deliver, you also just say only.

There is only so much you can do as the customer, short of planting your own supply quality engineering team onsite at the manufacturer, demanding 8D and do regular line audits.

It will be interesting to check on the Design and Product FMEA of these bus manufacturers based in China.

Long bus routes good mah.

No need to keep transferring and can sleep if got seat.

on contrary, better to have short routes.

imagine bus route is 2hrs, every 10mins 1 bus, so many buses buses on the road, jam up the roads and give chance to raise ERP rates...

[shakehead]

imagine bus route is 2hrs, every 10mins 1 bus, so many buses buses on the road, jam up the roads and give chance to raise ERP rates...

[shakehead]

not all the bus rushing to the same ERP at the same time lah.......  and most of the road with ERP dun have so many bus pass through.

[shakehead]

Short routes definitely is better. Dont like long winding route buses.  

• Praise 1

not all the bus rushing to the same ERP at the same time lah.......  and most of the road with ERP dun have so many bus pass through.

ya...but.....jamming up bottle neck areas indirectly jam those routes going ERP area also....

like the bus 88..from pasir ris to toa payoh (via sk, hg, amk, bishan)..can sit till butt open flower

• Praise 1

ya...but.....jamming up bottle neck areas indirectly jam those routes going ERP area also....

like the bus 88..from pasir ris to toa payoh (via sk, hg, amk, bishan)..can sit till butt open flower

You should try route 961 from Woodland to Geylang Lor 1. At least 2 hrs.

Woodlands Rd, Upper Bukit Timah, Dunearn, Farrer, Queensway, Bkt Merah, Eu Tong Sen, Beach Road, Crawford, Lavender, Kallang Bahru, Boon Keng and Geylang Lor 1.

If you find bus 88 sit until butt open flower, then you should try bus 21! This bus runs super long and winding route, can sit until headache.  [dizzy]

If you find bus 88 sit until butt open flower, then you should try bus 21! This bus runs super long and winding route, can sit until headache. [dizzy]

Which part is winding?

This 1 past by my home.

If you find bus 88 sit until butt open flower, then you should try bus 21! This bus runs super long and winding route, can sit until headache.  [dizzy]

Go try 51 and 61.

Sit till your ass pain.  [laugh]

You should try route 961 from Woodland to Geylang Lor 1. At least 2 hrs.

Woodlands Rd, Upper Bukit Timah, Dunearn, Farrer, Queensway, Bkt Merah, Eu Tong Sen, Beach Road, Crawford, Lavender, Kallang Bahru, Boon Keng and Geylang Lor 1.

wah another  [dizzy]  bus route

lol!

crazy to have such long route buses!

↡ Advertisement