LTA buys electric buses from China

Stooky

I was watching youtube on electric motorcycle. Not what we currently have but real motorcycle but power by battery. Actually this mode of transport should work here in our island. Treat them like any class 3.

These electric motorcycle will still lane straddle?

These electric motorcycle will still weave in and out of heavy traffic?

These electric motorcycle will still turn right from the left of a vehicle going straight?

If yes to all the question....what's the point?

:D

I was watching youtube on electric motorcycle. Not what we currently have but real motorcycle but power by battery. Actually this mode of transport should work here in our island. Treat them like any class 3.

These electric motorcycle will still weave in and out of heavy traffic?

These electric motorcycle will still turn right from the left of a vehicle going straight?

If that’s the case, all motorcycle should be banned

Top end model from China cost SGD 2k.

But COE cost SGD 4K. How to buy?

My point is....sort out the rider/driver education and riding courtesy /culture first before introduce another technological confounding factor into the mix. 

If LTA have not learn their lesson from the Pandora pmd box yet.. they should. 

If that’s the case, all motorcycle should be banned

My point is....sort out the rider/driver education and riding courtesy /culture first before introduce another technological confounding factor into the mix.

If LTA have not learn their lesson from the Pandora pmd box yet.. they should.

There is no way to fix it NOW.

LTA will never learn any lesson as a organization. They think they tuaki.

Till now, they haven’t tell user of non-compliant PMD how to dispose off properly.

These electric motorcycle will still weave in and out of heavy traffic?

These electric motorcycle will still turn right from the left of a vehicle going straight?

Treat these motorcycles as conventional motorcycles with alternative fuel propulsion capability.

They need to be licensed like conventional motorcycles, put on the F series number plates.

The riders need at least a class 2B license to ride it like conventional motorcycles.

They need to buy insurance for the bikes before they can ride on the roads.

They are strictly used on the roads and not other places and subjected to penalization of traffic rules like conventional motorcycles, e.g. demerit points, fines, suspension of license to operate.

Need to bid COE under conventional motorcycles COE category.

• Praise 1

We have to look beyond our knowledge of China and SG business relationship.

Sometimes, we cannot understand why SG need to buy electric vehicles from country which has no proven and reliability records?

This is more on political aspect between the Big brother and small brother.

Just remember our Bionix Infantry vehicles were held in HK. Looking ahead, LTA has more business related to trains supply in near future.

Like it or not, business with China is trending up, our comrade!

Did LTA consider hydrogen fuel cell buses instead ? Both for better distance and also we don't have clean source of electricity anyway ?

Civil servants the less innovative ppl in the world.

LTA will use something that’s proven.

We have to look beyond our knowledge of China and SG business relationship.

Sometimes, we cannot understand why SG need to buy electric vehicles from country which has no proven and reliability records?

This is more on political aspect between the Big brother and small brother.

Just remember our Bionix Infantry vehicles were held in HK. Looking ahead, LTA has more business related to trains supply in near future.

Like it or not, business with China is trending up, our comrade!

Entire bus fleet in Shenzhen is electric. In fact, they even have autonomous bus.

Go and google ST report on that.

Apparently SBS Transit experimented with Hydrogen FCV back in 2010 (albeit a bit late, even at that time) .. but then maybe they didn't partner with the right people. China may be quite lagging in this technology, but there's been a lot of advancement made in Japan and Europe since then making it more commercially feasible and better range.

Toyota Mirai Hydrogen FCV already commercially in the market for 3 years ? Honda and Hyundai also came up with their own version. More countries are planning for Hydrogen FC buses. Germany and Japan even doing it on their high speed trains. Even Shanghai is experimenting with it now, Li Keqiang went to visit Toyota's Hydrogen FCV plant recently.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/m/shanghai/jiading/2018-09/30/content_37009142.htm

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/04/03/toyota-begins-selling-hydrogen-fuel-cell-bus-in-japan/

https://www.upi.com/Worlds-first-hydrogen-fuel-cell-passenger-train-begins-service-in-Germany/6731537155535/

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Japan-s-fuel-cell-train-rolls-ahead-under-its-own-steam

We don't have very clean and cheap sources of electricity in SG, so EV won't make a lot of sense to us. You remove pollution from the roads, and increase pollution at the power plants. LPPL. Build nuclear power plant, then we can hug together and die. [laugh] [laugh]

The US has the most number of nuclear power plants to supply their EV, and China has the fastest growing nuclear power program in the world. On the contrary, Japan has been trying to reduce its dependency on nuclear since the 2010 tsunami, as are many European countries such as Germany, Italy, etc.

Don't have very clean sources of electricity? Says who?

95% of electricity generated is by burning natural gas. Only 5% is from oil. Like that still not clean?

fuel-mix-for-power-generation-by-country

Natural gas so clean US and China still build nuclear plants they must be very stupid. Even our gahmen also stupid to plan for future nuclear plant. [laugh] Damn stupid leaders.

Dont have to be so sarcastic, I did not say nor insinuate anyone is being stupid unlike you. obviously nuclear power stations are better in emissions compared to fossil fuel power plants but i dont think Singapore is ready to have a nuclear power plant. Think fallout.

And also, your definition of cleanliness depends on what you are comparing to obviously. I dont know about you but compared to coal fired power plants, emissions from natural gas is really a whole lot better. Both being fossil fuels, it is a fairer comparison.

Previously, I worked in Senoko power plant before. Combustion using Natural Gas is not entirely clean in SG.

The system still need electrostatic precipitators. SG is no way near Japan standard (clean) as far as I know.

That's why people leaving in Jurong, Woodlands, Sembawang may still find their clothes stain with tiny dots of dirt/soot

PUB claimed that this is clean and will improve over the time as they have to cut down on C02 emission commitment.

"Singapore has pledged to, by 2030, reduce its emissions intensity by 36 per cent from levels in 2005 . ST: LIM YAOHUI"

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

they are still running the line for a reason, you notice these number has been running for ages 20yrs at least. If it is not effective or low ridership, they would have stop long ago.

Add bus 67 to the list, 150 mins.

I took it once from end to end since I was not in any hurry.

I observed that most people don't ride for long. They usually alight at some popular spots along the way. Most are treating it as a short/medium route service. (Since everyone knows how to optimze their journey.)

It serves the same function as 2-3 medium route buses, minus the bus depot, especially in th city.

It works as long as the roads as uncongested -- this is where the bus lane comes in. Unfortunately, by the time it got near the other end, the second 67 had caught up with mine.

Natural gas so clean US and China still build nuclear plants they must be very stupid. Even our gahmen also stupid to plan for future nuclear plant. [laugh] Damn stupid leaders.

Actually can also invest and build plant in other places and then transfer to Singapore?

Natural Gas is 30% cleaner than oil based power generation, in terms of CO2 EMISSIONS. Cleaner, but it’s not the magic bullet.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/emissions-natural-gas.htm

Watch the russian video..

https://shanghai.ist/2018/11/05/work-begins-on-chinas-first-floating-nuclear-power-plant/?fbclid=IwAR0ZStA0RzokgeXdogEJcoP_FUEAbNkrrGRGbWowH0BQJxS0lKMP3pVuRM4

↡ Advertisement