LTA buys electric buses from China

Stooky

Previously, I worked in Senoko power plant before. Combustion using Natural Gas is not entirely clean in SG.

The system still need electrostatic precipitators. SG is no way near Japan standard (clean) as far as I know.

That's why people leaving in Jurong, Woodlands, Sembawang may still find their clothes stain with tiny dots of dirt/soot

PUB claimed that this is clean and will improve over the time as they have to cut down on C02 emission commitment.

"Singapore has pledged to, by 2030, reduce its emissions intensity by 36 per cent from levels in 2005 . ST: LIM YAOHUI"

There is always a big gap between what was reported and actual. Be it political, business, etc, just need to rewd with moderation.got magic, the whole world into it liao

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The BYD electric bus is here! Wonder which route will it serve since its a minibus

SMRT-BYD-C6-720x445.jpg

https://landtransportguru.net/byd-c6/

I think it will serve best as a feeder bus driving short routes or loops. Cos most likely the range is limited with the small passenger capacity and longer time to charge the batteries.

Twincharged

All I can say is if you have worked with this China company engineers before, you will know their standard.

LTA's 20 units of BYD electric bus chassis spotted at Hong Kong port. The buses will undergo bodywork assembling in Malaysia before shipping over to Singapore

60070285_2394540044113073_14169383626772

60269331_2394539994113078_59687482463260

60020550_2394540080779736_50394919095972

Supersonic

Errrrr the question is, whether will it go

BOOM!! [sweatdrop] [grin]

Many PMDs caught fire when charging, some even caught fire on the road. We see electric cars caught fire before as well. But all these are low carrying capacity vehicles which make fire evacuation a lot easier and faster . The scenario would be very different when a crowded bus caught fire, I hope LTA have thought about it before making decision.

Turbocharged

I saw them in zhuhai. It boom then it should be news every day lah. I think it does work for them but here, I am not sure. Weather and traffic condition can be very different. Maybe another 10 years?

Turbocharged

They are heavily subsidised by CN gahmen. The batteries are high maintenance. According to news reports, HK terminated contract with BYD after warranty expires.

that is why I said 10 years. It is the battery they have improve. More so with Singapore where we need aircon. The rest are there already.

I saw them in zhuhai. It boom then it should be news every day lah. I think it does work for them but here, I am not sure. Weather and traffic condition can be very different. Maybe another 10 years?

i think this work for country that have clean energy .

if not no point also..

Turbocharged

Frankly, all generations and transmissions are over capacity and wasted if untapped. Electric is a good way and it has less air pollution and less noisy. I want to believe it is the future unless we found an alternative.

Now whoever breakthrough with battery, they will be the winner. So more focus on such innovation instead of warhead and warship or plane.

Our new Yutong double deck electric bus undergoing testing in Beijing. Credits to whoever took the pic

69182612_3139101016130351_36307638880074

69406157_3139361886104264_73461251498437

• Praise 2

At least 60 electric buses to be deployed from early 2020: LTA

In addition, ST Engineering and Linkker had successfully converted a diesel MAN bus into an electric bus

3e46d860-0470-11ea-bbe7-81ab67af3a96

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Stooky said:

In addition, ST Engineering and Linkker had successfully converted a diesel MAN bus into an electric bus

I find our authorities always contradictory.

They said why private electric cars not ideal because upstream (power station) use more and contribute to overall carbon emission

then I guess the bus must be running on kryptonite

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Stooky said:

Diu!

Where is that bus otaku that tell me Sg not suitable to use electric bus?

↡ Advertisement