Halogen light bulbs to be phased out by 2023.

Zxcvb

I'm using Megaman MR16 for a year now. So far so good.

Previously on Song Cho GoPro bulbs with 3 yrs warranty and exchanged for new bulbs about 3 times. Now warranty reduced to a year if not wrong.

It has been 3 years since I changed all my lightings to LED lightings and they are failing one by one. Any good place to buy 1-2 dozen replacement bulbs? I tried Lazada, pricing same as those hardware shops near my place, $9.90 for 1 bulb.

↡ Advertisement

Alamak I just changed all my house lights to LED - mostly all flush in type in false ceiling type from shop in Veerasamy Road .... all mostly no brand one ...... die lah I

• Praise 2

It has been 3 years since I changed all my lightings to LED lightings and they are failing one by one. Any good place to buy 1-2 dozen replacement bulbs? I tried Lazada, pricing same as those hardware shops near my place, $9.90 for 1 bulb.

I can't remember the exact price, but I think for LED (60W bulb equivalent), you can get much cheaper price, below $10.

I just bought one from Wisteria Mall (Yishun) from a basement hw shop.

Don't buy too many at one time, LED bulb price trends downwards.

And stick with the big names only, Philips would be my number 1 preference, then Osram and others.

• Praise 1

What kind of bulbs ? 

Alamak I just changed all my house lights to LED - mostly all flush in type in false ceiling type from shop in Veerasamy Road .... all mostly no brand one ...... die lah I

My advice ? Go back to the shop and buy 5-10 as spares. The biggest bitch is when it konks out, you can't find the same model anymore. Unless yours is the super simple (no pattern) round of square ones, probably can find other similar ones. But then maybe different lumens  [laugh]

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 2

TaoBao

Philips 8 pcs 3w RMB70.

• Praise 1

I can't remember the exact price, but I think for LED (60W bulb equivalent), you can get much cheaper price, below $10.

I just bought one from Wisteria Mall (Yishun) from a basement hw shop.

Don't buy too many at one time, LED bulb price trends downwards.

And stick with the big names only, Philips would be my number 1 preference, then Osram and others.

Yes, prices have dropped a lot but it seems to have stabilized. IMO, it was a concerted effort by the big boys to kill off those chup-piao brands

What kind of bulbs ?

My advice ? Go back to the shop and buy 5-10 as spares. The biggest bitch is when it konks out, you can't find the same model anymore. Unless yours is the super simple (no pattern) round of square ones, probably can find other similar ones. But then maybe different lumens [laugh]

All square ones .... yes bought a couple extra as I thought later spoil at least look balanced in color frame as it’s just one whole piece with everthing integrated in it unlike the old ones got driver or ballast (that heavy metal thingy )

What kind of bulbs ?

My advice ? Go back to the shop and buy 5-10 as spares. The biggest bitch is when it konks out, you can't find the same model anymore. Unless yours is the super simple (no pattern) round of square ones, probably can find other similar ones. But then maybe different lumens [laugh]

https://m.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/art/60371823/

This type. Down light.

Of course where possible, everyone should try to 'save' the earth we borrowed from our future generations.

But to focus on the wrong thing, it is rather sad. We cool Orchard road and many buildings cool the entire streets, not to mention those mrt tunnels and forzen buses, these little light bulbs are really a 'droplet in the ocean'.haha

• Praise 1

haha, GU10. 

Another lesson learnt ............... See light fittings, remember to see what kind of bulb "legs" ......... GU10 those china chup piao cheap cheap

Bought Philips from Toa Payoh showroom and all 5 of them "popped" within 6 months [rolleyes]

Quality is super good  [sly]

wah, where you use ? 

go back and kpkb lah ........... all within 6 mths is unacceptable

• Praise 1

Bought Philips from Toa Payoh showroom and all 5 of them "popped" within 6 months [rolleyes]

Quality is super good [sly]

You turn on and off quickly?

I think they just turn on for a few hours one

12 hours or more also cannot

• Praise 1

haha, GU10.

Another lesson learnt ............... See light fittings, remember to see what kind of bulb "legs" ......... GU10 those china chup piao cheap cheap

wah, where you use ?

go back and kpkb lah ........... all within 6 mths is unacceptable

What is a good leg? Mine lasted for about 3 years with daily use, so not too bad lah. Edited by Voodooman

What is a good leg? Mine lasted for about 3 years with daily use, so not too bad lah.

Heh, of course the most common will be MR16. Halogen bulbs come in all shapes and sizes, I have seen so many variations before. Owners all squeeze balls. Its already dying a slow death by itself as pointed out.

Heh, of course the most common will be MR16. Halogen bulbs come in all shapes and sizes, I have seen so many variations before. Owners all squeeze balls. Its already dying a slow death by itself as pointed out.

Does it apply to LED lights?

I have clarified with NEA and LTA AND they said that this move will not apply to halogen bulb for motor vehicles. They will continue to be sold and fitted as normal

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1