Advice for accident

wjong

In order to play the same game as a defensive measure, one should also visit a doctor 'regularly' to file complaints on headache, neck pain, spinal injury, cold sweat....etc after the accident. This is to put on record just in case......I can assure you no doctor can be 100% certain you are not telling the truth even with extensive checks & scans. But please don't do it purely to cheat innocent party!

please dont suggest fraud.waste everyone's time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Most importantly, do not walk away. Do your best to handle this challenge. Otherwise this event can haunt you the rest of your life (as long as you drive). You'll start to question the word 'justice' & the judiciary system in place. The entire experience is not going to be a pleasant one.

Similar to HK, lawsuit is game of rich ppl.

Poor ppl will not be able to game it.

Just an update.. I got back my car from workshop with car repaired.. The 3rd party claim against me still under investigation and my insurer said that they will not anyhow make payment for this 3rd party claim. Still awaiting TP investigation outcome but I guess I should be fine based on TP investigation officer's conversation with me. I bought iroad dashcam(wifi) with a batt pack for parking mode to replace my old dashcam.

post-14834-0-81311300-1543593600_thumb.png

Maybe call this hotline to report insurance fraud.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-hotline-reporting-insurance-fraud

Edited by Yewheng

In my opinion, TS has been very respectful throughout when asking for feedback and has been very receptive to all comments.

He is already feeling very stressed out by the ordeal. The least we can do is to provide constructive feedback, or none, if you are unable to provide any.

I believe you have a camera that you are aware of, based on the price and features which you have mentioned. Will you be able to help TS or even the rest of us here what this particular brand and model of camera is, and maybe even the place to purchase it?

Yes it may sound like spoon-feeding to some, but what's a little help to a forum bro here? Won't hurt right?

One month after I posted.....

post-971-0-68118400-1544163124.png

According to TS, under BOLA system normal circumstances, the other party is to bear 100% liability.

Cross junction - the other party is to give way and vehicle coming from the right (TS' vehicle) has the right of way.

T-junction - vehicle from minor road should give way to car going straight (TS's vehicle).

Many drivers forgotten the basic rule of right of way in an uncontrolled junction that is SLR (Straight, Right then Left) in the order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd right of way.

My feel is since is TS words against the other party words regards to insurance claims, stand firm on TS's ground and his story. Good luck.

post-55105-0-31429200-1545797351_thumb.jpg

post-55105-0-20930700-1545797361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wormee

According to TS, under BOLA system normal circumstances, the other party is to bear 100% liability.

Cross junction - the other party is to give way and vehicle coming from the right (TS' vehicle) has the right of way.

T-junction - vehicle from minor road should give way to car going straight (TS's vehicle).

Many drivers forgotten the basic rule of right of way in an uncontrolled junction that is SLR (Straight, Right then Left) in the order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd right of way.

My feel is since is TS words against the other party words regards to insurance claims, stand firm on TS's ground and his story. Good luck.

I thought right of way is straight, left then right?

I thought right of way is straight, left then right?

Ya, I wrote SLR but the words too fast wrong order. Realised cannot edit liao. So the correct order is Straight, Left then Right. Thanks for pointing out.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee

TS,

I have an accident too just last month in November and the car cam really saving me for the claim. My current and previous was both from Blackvue. In fact the previous one was a higher end wifi connect recorder. I have used for 3 years+ until the rear len kaput. I have then bought a lower end one because it has the LCD display which deems important to me. It's actually not about your iroad is not working fine. Even my previous blackvue has failed recording issue. And we wouldn't know that it has stopped recording unless we connected thru wifi for review. The recording function could have been hanged on stopped not because of the cam software problem but because of the micro SD card. So if you are going for a change, I would suggest that you consider one with LCD display. At any point of time while on the road, you just need to tap on the screen to ensure recording is in process.

As for the TP investigation, I was told by the officer-in-charge that they usually take 3 to 6 months to conclude. The investigation result as they called it, will then be mail to your house address.

Hope these helps. Good luck. 

TS,

I have an accident too just last month in November and the car cam really saving me for the claim. My current and previous was both from Blackvue. In fact the previous one was a higher end wifi connect recorder. I have used for 3 years+ until the rear len kaput. I have then bought a lower end one because it has the LCD display which deems important to me. It's actually not about your iroad is not working fine. Even my previous blackvue has failed recording issue. And we wouldn't know that it has stopped recording unless we connected thru wifi for review. The recording function could have been hanged on stopped not because of the cam software problem but because of the micro SD card. So if you are going for a change, I would suggest that you consider one with LCD display. At any point of time while on the road, you just need to tap on the screen to ensure recording is in process.

As for the TP investigation, I was told by the officer-in-charge that they usually take 3 to 6 months to conclude. The investigation result as they called it, will then be mail to your house address.

Hope these helps. Good luck.

The other driver is a joke. Traffic police investigation outcome is that the other driver will be charged under inconsiderate driving and he still wants my insurer to pay him damages claims by serving a writ of summon. Any advice guys?

44 minutes ago, Kifungilo said:

Hello. I recently got in a small car accident. I don't know who is at fault yet, I have spoke with my adjuster but she did not want to listen to me at all it was very odd because I'm close to my insurance agent, he's my future father-in-law. She gave me a number to call the other party's adjuster and tell them what happen. I really just like a professional opinion before I call the other adjuster.

Here's the how the accident happen -

We were driving on a 5 lane freeway. At the upcoming exit the Number 5 lane got off at the exit with the choose for the number 4 lane to get off or to stay on the freeway. We were in the number 4 lane at very slow speed, mostly stop and go. With the number 5 lane going about 20 mph. The car in front of me had been trying to get into the #5 lane for about 1/2 mile. Finally as we were almost at the exit there was room for her to change lane's. She moves 80% into the #5 lane, traffic goes from probably 15mph to dead stop in the #4 lane. At the last minute she decides not to change lanes, and comes back over to the #4. My right front light is scratched and my hood is messed up, with damage to my right front fender from the pressure. Here left back bumper is scratched.

( Just for irony - about 2 miles before this exit I had to bring #4 lane to a complete stop to let her in because I felt bad that she couldn't get over)

Thanks for any advice you can give,

you aren't even in Singapore - how can we give you any advice. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Kifungilo said:

Hello. I recently got in a small car accident. I don't know who is at fault yet, I have spoke with my adjuster but she did not want to listen to me at all it was very odd because I'm close to my insurance agent, he's my future father-in-law. She gave me a number to call the other party's adjuster and tell them what happen. I really just like a professional opinion before I call the other adjuster.

We were driving on a 5 lane freeway. At the upcoming exit the Number 5 lane got off at the exit with the choose for the number 4 lane to get off or to stay on the freeway. We were in the number 4 lane at very slow speed, mostly stop and go. With the number 5 lane going about 20 mph. The car in front of me had been trying to get into the #5 lane for about 1/2 mile. Finally as we were almost at the exit there was room for her to change lane's. She moves 80% into the #5 lane, traffic goes from probably 15mph to dead stop in the #4 lane. At the last minute she decides not to change lanes, and comes back over to the #4. My right front light is scratched and my hood is messed up, with damage to my right front fender from the pressure. Here left back bumper is scratched.

( Just for irony - about 2 miles before this exit I had to bring #4 lane to a complete stop to let her in because I felt bad that she couldn't get over)

Is it possible for u to share car cam footages, if you have. 

Reading your account, even if she changed her mind last minute and filter back to lane #4, you were either following too close or u picked up speed too early before she 100% filtered out to lane #5. 

In this scenario, if I read correctly, personally, you are at fault. 

🤞Dun kill me. 

If one is alert and not "tailgating"/follow too closely, one will often have enough time to stop in time. 

Stay safe and hope you are able to man up if its really your fault. 

I do not know any party involved, including you. 

Take care. 

• Praise 1

Do you have a dash cam?

If yes the video shows everything no need to explain.

If no then its your explanation vs hers.

Be happy if she take 20-30% and you take 70-80%

as it was her indecision but you were also too close to stop in time.

Always give a lot of room to a new and unconfident driver as they WILL make mistakes.

:D

Good driving comes from experience and experience come from making mistakes.

55 minutes ago, Kifungilo said:

Edited by Jamesc

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Who uses miles in Singapore anyway?? 

A Scammer 🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:03 PM, goostakekk said:

Recover, We've Got the Rest!
Let us guide you through your legal rights and options. While you recover, we fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve. Your peace of mind is our priority! https://zoomlawyers.ca

How much money can I get if my MIL

has a nasty accident?

↡ Advertisement