Diners make grisly find at Bangkok vegetarian eatery

Ysc3

Famous because of the movies lor. Locally, the Adrian Lim case was also made into a movie, but it was a lousy movie so nobody knows. I read  the Unholy Trinity book when it first came out, many details on the horrific and gruesome murders committed by Adrian Lim and his wives. A few years later, the movie was made and screened at Picturehouse, but it was super lousy. The book was a better read.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104841/

Other that this one, I didn't know of any other movies made out of true murder stories in SG. There were no lacking of gruesome murders in SG though. There were also many rumours of the two missing boys in Toa Payoh, like people said they saw them begging in streets of Thailand, limbs chopped off, etc. but all just rumours and they were never found for decades. The rape-murder on Holland Road, never solved for decades. Many other gruesome cases unsolved.

I read the book too. It was really detailed an insightful as I was also doing some research study on my own about the Toa Payoh murders as I lived very closed by to the site when I was a kid. There were a couple of other books too. The location has changed somewhat and 1 of the blocks where one of the bodies was disposed has been demolished and a new building in place.

A somewhat weird coincidental incident I encountered at the site which gave me goosebumps was that I sat on on a concrete bench near the site for a break while I was walking around the area near Adrian Lim's block (His block and unit are still there). When I got home and was flipping through some of my resource materials featuring some of the old media photos from the crime scene, and I stumbled upon a picture where some of the body parts were found and it was pretty much right at the site of the bench I was sitting! 

Apart from the unsolved gruesome cases, there are also many other gruesome convicted cases as well, just that we don't see or hear much of the gory details in the news. I remember when I was student and we had a court visit to the old Supreme Court (National Gallery today), we were shown some old case files which featured those crime scene photos - And one that still lingers in my head is this murder of some caucasian woman - The album documents photos from the discovery of body parts in some remote beach area followed by some in an apartment where the walls and bathtub and floor were all covered in blood. Pretty gut-wrenching stuff.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

turned out to be semi-fake news ....

AsiaOne and Zaobao reported about a Thai vegetarian eatery serving human meat to patrons, which didn’t happen

On Monday, Singapore Press Holdings news and lifestyle content aggregator AsiaOne reported about a grisly tale — how a vegetarian eatery in Bangkok apparently cut up a dead man and served human flesh to patrons. The report was sourced from Chinese-language daily Lianhe Zaobao, which in turn got the story from Malaysian publication Oriental Daily.

The thing is, it never happened. The truth was not as sensational as vegetarians inadvertently eating human flesh — police investigators who spoke to our sister site Coconuts Bangkok revealed that the restaurant wasn’t even open at the time.

But it was too late; the headline was too good to pass up. The likes of Vice, The Sun, The Daily Mail and Newsweek had a rollicking good time running the piece, citing AsiaOne as the source of the story.

Here’s what really happened. Pol. Lt. Col. Adul Thongpetch, an investigator with the Lat Krabang police, told Coconuts last night that since the restaurant wasn’t open, there were no customers dining during or after the period when the victim Prasit Inpathom, 61, was allegedly murdered.

A body was discovered in a septic tank behind the restaurant, but alas, no human flesh was served. To be fair, blood and bits of brain were found splashed across the kitchen.

“We suspect he was murdered on Oct. 21,” Lt. Col. Adul said in an interview.

“This restaurant hasn’t fully completed construction. They opened for three days towards the end of the vegetarian festival (which ended Oct. 17). This means the restaurant had been closed for several days before the man died,” he said.

Lat Krabang police spokesman Sub-Lt. Sawang Wongbut also told the same story when contacted by Coconuts.

“This is just a murder investigation,” he said, chuckling at the widely reported angle.

Asked if there was any indication that the victim’s flesh was missing (and possibly used in cooking), Lt. Col. Adul said no, only that the victim had taken a severe beating to his head and face.

“That’s not accurate at all,” he added.

The murder suspect, identified as Boonyuen Kamtawee, was the brother of the restaurant’s owner and being paid to work on its construction. The victim, meanwhile, also received money for helping Boonyuen out, and the pair was often seen drinking together late at night. The suspect has since turned himself in on Oct. 27 following the arrest warrant. He declined to cooperate with police and is now working with his lawyer to defend himself in court.

AsiaOne has since updated their article to correct the facts, blaming foreign media reports for the erroneous information.

• Praise 1

KNN, these days fake news is more scary than anything else... -_-<_<

The normality now..

AsiaOne has since updated their article to correct the facts, blaming foreign media reports for the erroneous information...

Blame game..

lai lai … "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned !!"

Woman cooks ex-lover, serves him to workers in UAE

A Moroccan woman minced and cooked her ex-lover's flesh in a traditional Arabic dish called machboos, which she served to a group of construction labourers working near her house.

She then threw the rest of the remains to the dogs in the neighbourhood.

A source at the Al Ain prosecution said the woman confessed to chopping her lover's remains. The 30-year-old woman told the prosecution that she butchered the victim - who was in his 20s - to get back at him for dumping her after seven years of financial support.

The victim's brother who lives in Ajman filed a missing-person report last January. When he went to the couple's home and asked the accused about his brother, she said she didn't know where he was and that they broke up after she learned that the man was about to marry another woman.

He then spotted a human tooth in a blender, giving rise to a suspicion of murder and then leading to the woman's recent arrest. The Al Ain Police conducted DNA tests that proved that the tooth and the rest of the blender's contents belonged to the deceased.

During the police investigation, the woman said that after chopping her boyfriend's body, she asked her friend to clean up the house and get rid of the remains.

The woman would be referred to Al Ain court on charges of premeditated murder.

↡ Advertisement