All about Singapore Special dogs & Adoption Drives Updates!

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

2 things i could not change my mongrel to do..

super protective of his food... going near him, he will growl and show teeth

thunder - he literally pull my sliding door out and hide under furniture

Hiding under furniture during thunderstorm considered very mild. Recently there was a case posted by EM on Facebook. Adopter decided to return the dog to them after a year because dog is destructive when there's thunder. Can you imagine returning/giving up on your dog because of this? 

post-107101-0-00035300-1542852477_thumb.jpgpost-107101-0-20271600-1542852480_thumb.jpgpost-107101-0-17679200-1542852483_thumb.jpgpost-107101-0-83870300-1542852485_thumb.jpg

Lara, 1.5mth, female is looking for her forever home. She was rescued together with her sister Leila by stray feeder Kayleyn at Keppel. Sweet and cute.

She is still young and we are not sure if she is HDB approved.

To adopt her, pls contact 90018848 (PurelyWoof)

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

Very true, I mean I didn't think that much when I wanted to get one a couple years back, but after much thought, I am on baord with the idea of saving them, feels like the right thing to do

Any specific dog that you are looking out for? Temperaments etc? So I can keep a look out for you as well.

Hiding under furniture during thunderstorm considered very mild. Recently there was a case posted by EM on Facebook. Adopter decided to return the dog to them after a year because dog is destructive when there's thunder. Can you imagine returning/giving up on your dog because of this? 

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpgattachicon.gif3.jpgattachicon.gif4.jpg

Lara, 1.5mth, female is looking for her forever home. She was rescued together with her sister Leila by stray feeder Kayleyn at Keppel. Sweet and cute.

Her big round eyes are so mesmerizing...  :wub:

Paws look big high chance not HBD approved. What a sad law that is. For dogs it's all about conditioning. I stayed in hdb i had 3 ss no issues. I moved to a landed they still stay in the house seldom venturing our in the first year till i started hanging out in the garden.

But yes adopt adopt not just the puppies older ones tooo they are soo chill and low maintence.

• Praise 2

he tears down my sliding door before hiding under furniture .. lol

but it will be good for new owners to know what they may be in for if they adopt a mongrel

my current labrador will continue to wag his tail even if the world crumbles on to him

Any specific dog that you are looking out for? Temperaments etc? So I can keep a look out for you as well.

Thanks! We are actually pretty open to most, as long as it is a good fit for new (i.e not very experienced) owners.

• Praise 5

may i ask what breed is this

is this going to grow very big like golden retriever..

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

may i ask what breed is this

is this going to grow very big like golden retriever..

Wouldn't really knowtheir final size till they are at least 6 to 8 months old. Judging by their paw sizes you are also roughly able to see if she will be the mid size mongrel or large size. Lara looks to be pretty big, so high chance not HDB approved.

he tears down my sliding door before hiding under furniture .. lol

but it will be good for new owners to know what they may be in for if they adopt a mongrel

my current labrador will continue to wag his tail even if the world crumbles on to him

Wah that's bad. The current mongrel at my house will also tear down my house when shes alone and anxious. Barks throughout. High pitch yelping, high pitch shrieks. It's only been about a week since she's at my place. Hope she can get settled soon.

Wouldn't really knowtheir final size till they are at least 6 to 8 months old. Judging by their paw sizes you are also roughly able to see if she will be the mid size mongrel or large size. Lara looks to be pretty big, so high chance not HDB approved.

Wah that's bad. The current mongrel at my house will also tear down my house when shes alone and anxious. Barks throughout. High pitch yelping, high pitch shrieks. It's only been about a week since she's at my place. Hope she can get settled soon.

mongrel is really different in attitude as compared to a dog from pet shop... it is like living with a homeless young child that was fighting for daily survival as compared to a young child that was brought up in a proper home not having to worry about food or clothes.. and this defense mechanism will always be there... maybe lesser when time goes by if it was adopted early

and they are used to big space.. as compared being confined

it is good to adopt but having a mongrel really not for everyone...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

mongrel is really different in attitude as compared to a dog from pet shop... it is like living with a homeless young child that was fighting for daily survival as compared to a young child that was brought up in a proper home not having to worry about food or clothes.. and this defense mechanism will always be there... maybe lesser when time goes by if it was adopted early

and they are used to big space.. as compared being confined

it is good to adopt but having a mongrel really not for everyone...

Does having the owner there 24x7 for 1 week help to bring the anxiety level down and acclimatize the dog faster for long term gains? If so, the time investment will be very worth it.

Does having the owner there 24x7 for 1 week help to bring the anxiety level down and acclimatize the dog faster for long term gains? If so, the time investment will be very worth it.

for mine... the protection of food and the fear of thunder never changed.... other than that... he is equally playful and loyal as with all dogs

Internal Moderator

Yes and no. Depends if the dog has separation anxiety. If the dog has separation anxiety, then being there for the dog 24/7 will only let the dog further depend on you. Once you are back to work (your usual schedule), the dog will not be able to accept it. 

So it's good to spend time with your new dog during the first few weeks. Setup a routine for your dog to follow. A routine consisting of walking time, walking route, feeding time, playing time, treats time, training time. Once a routine has been established, your dog will be more settled.

And in the event that you realize your dog has separation anxiety like mine does, it'll be good to address it before it escalates further.

• Praise 1

Hijack BB’s post. This was a personal reach out to me but I can’t help at this moment.

-

Urgent! SS Puppies for fostering /adoption

2 to 3 months old SS puppies looking for loving home /adopters or fosterers.

Kindly help to share to your friends & get then to share

Interested parties/any enquiry, please directly contact : Dor Sim HP91297909

-

Hello everybody. This is Love our sweet gal between 2 to 3 months old. She has been rescued from the forest and has been to the vet to get the necessary done. Please do open up your loving home to her.

post-196289-0-14553900-1543776971_thumb.jpeg

This is another sweet girl called Hilton. She is Love's sister n is a very well behaved adorable gal. Had her check at the vet n is in the pink of health.

post-196289-0-13141500-1543777024_thumb.jpeg

Hi...This is Ice our cool n adorable boy. He is about 3 months old n is in the pink of health too. Ice is the brother of Love and Hilton. Please do welcome these adorable kids into your home. They will bring joy and brighten up your life.

post-196289-0-38522500-1543777075_thumb.jpeg

Hi...This little kid is the smallest of the four siblings. His name is Eli n you can see his sad eyes he is missing his siblings n pawrents. He does not ask for much just your love n a place in your home.

post-196289-0-60463200-1543777133_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 6

They are simply adorable ....... hey @Dach you can surely help right ?? to take 1 one ...   

Hijack BB’s post. This was a personal reach out to me but I can’t help at this moment.

-

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

They are simply adorable ....... hey @Dach you can surely help right ?? to take 1 one ...

No time to take care.

Give to those who have the time.

Turbocharged

Hijack BBâs post. This was a personal reach out to me but I canât help at this moment.

-

-

Hello everybody. This is Love our sweet gal between 2 to 3 months old. She has been rescued from the forest and has been to the vet to get the necessary done. Please do open up your loving home to her.

89533B25-DA62-468D-894C-0D5393D3CD33.jpeg

This is another sweet girl called Hilton. She is Love's sister n is a very well behaved adorable gal. Had her check at the vet n is in the pink of health.

7CA6F80D-0408-41CD-8D54-8E0FA416D6A2.jpeg

Hi...This is Ice our cool n adorable boy. He is about 3 months old n is in the pink of health too. Ice is the brother of Love and Hilton. Please do welcome these adorable kids into your home. They will bring joy and brighten up your life.

D1C29235-4501-40F1-81FF-8516073BE46A.jpeg

Hi...This little kid is the smallest of the four siblings. His name is Eli n you can see his sad eyes he is missing his siblings n pawrents. He does not ask for much just your love n a place in your home.

ECA1BBEE-A89E-4A0F-A50C-857DA7FDE254.jpeg

The 2 pale patches at the cheeks increase their adorable factor x2. Remind me of Pikachu with 2 blushed cheeks.

Hope they will all go to good homes.

• Praise 4

-

Doggie doesnt look very happy lel ......... u no sayang him ? 

• Praise 2

Doggie doesnt look very happy lel ......... u no sayang him ?

I wasn’t involved in this rescue... my animal communicator asked me for help cos she knows I’m planning to look for a new puppy.

But they all look so sad hor

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1