COE Bidding – 1st Round of November 2018

Carbon82

COE dropped so much. New car price didn’t drop as much. The only price that’s moving in tandem with the COE, is the PQP. If you have a good working car expiring, best time to renew anytime from now or next year.

why you say new car price didn't drop much?  i thought came down substantially - 60-70k can get Korean or entry level japanese is quite a big drop no?  attrage is available at sub-60k even. 

unless you are referring to Cat B, where more cars are getting hit with VES surcharge, but even then, there were meaningful discounts at the car show.

or unless you referring to the BMWs or Mercs....  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

he is an exception, with this kind of wealth, while he could choose to take MTR since it is so convenient to commute around in HK, there is no need to spend $4.5 of daily expenses. This is extreme but it is not for me to comment. He is so kind heaarted , has a wife, why must he donate all his wealth to charity ? if his wife suvives longer then he is, she will not get a single cents ?

Back to COE, i think this round will be up but next few rounds will be lower. The days of 50k wont come at least within the next 1 to 2 years now that LCR is history.

Edited by Ct3833

Cars will not be sold like hotcakes no matter how cheap the COEs are. Because there is always a limited number of COEs in every bid, dealers have learned that they would rather sell cars at high margin than trying to secure many booking at lower price but end up could not secure COE. This is especially so for premium brands/model like Merce C class that could command a higher margin, C&C wont be foolish to lower their price to create a problem for themselves, they rather sell at a lower quantity at a good margin.

Anyway those who buy C Class will likely go fot C180, because C200 is priced at 200k which is nearly 30k more expensive than C180. For those who could afford nearly 200k, they would likely to top up to go for E class instead.

I tend to disagree.. yes high margin good .. but more importantly is the lesson learned or repeating what everyone has observed. A bit like the property market. Drop Liao, everyone wait for further drop. Else treat the agent / dealer like pay back time. U want my money?? Well u have to earn it.. and the whole market goes into a waiting game where the dealers have a period of consolidation.. so rather than go into a price war, might as well earn less, previous buyer price proctected, won’t get drawn into a buyer remorse. New buyer that goes into a Merc showroom won’t have to face buyer with entitlement opinions and still not able to close a sale.. agent wins again

All i know is Motorcycle COE will crash big time today.

The quota is More than the last round bidders.

$1 COE for motorcycle is going to be true (my wish) within the next few rounds.

Car price got drop la. Example when coe was 50k, korean car sell at least 100k, but now $80k plus or lower can get liao.

Agree.

My neighbour brought basic one during the 50k coe.

But according to him,omv is 14k unlike now omv 10k.

Don't know whether he got bulls**t me anot?lol.....