Malaysia to end petrol and diesel subsidies

therock

If i could pump 95 over there, i would actually. for old NA engine like mine, pump 97 quite wasted lol.

alot of ppl dont believe, but I actually pump SPC92 for my astra.. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

In MY whenever got chance pump 95, I is 不会放过!!!  ^_^

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

alot of ppl dont believe, but I actually pump SPC92 for my astra.. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

In MY whenever got chance pump 95, I is 不会放过!!!  ^_^

eh thought u driving 1.4turbo, should be pumping 95 bah, or else ur turbo engine will downregulate the power  :huh:

Edited by Lala81

Not subsidized, but not heavily profited too unlike SG!

:D

When crude is cheap, they say crude price is not a major factor. When crude price up, they up the pump price.

And we have major refineries here with easy passage for VLCC and ULCC to bring the crude here.

And today, the charter hire for VLCC is rock bottom.  :D

You sure about the last bit?

Name one b n b car engine that requires 100 octane to work? Even the most super of all super cars can work on 95 octane

FYI, in Thailand and Indonesia, their max octane rating at the pumps is at 95 only, and for Thailand, they got E10 and now E85... meaning the fuel has 85% mix of Ethanol to keep the fuel cost down and to allow cleaner combustion chambers. 

These countries have super cars too. I wonder why they can run on 95 octane and/or E85 without their engines blowing up?

No wonder bolehland people laughed at sinkies... loaded but stupid... Willing to pay more for fuel that their simple engines can't take adv of. 

We buy their 97 octane fuel only becos of Euro 4 specs... which is not that ideal for our new Euro 6 compliant cars. But alot safer than their Euro 2 95 octane. 

Therefore, just choose their 97 octane will do la

So you mean super car in Thailand and Indo can use E85 but, in Malaysia, it not safe to use Ron 95?

Or do you mean Malaysia don't have super car?

Then i wonder where their Johor Sultan pump the petrol for all his beloved super car...

Its the same as people ranting to me how unsafe Malaysia baby milk powder is.

Sound like drink liao will die or all become dumber...

Only can buy expensive Singapore milk powder.

Please don't tell me all the smart people in Malaysia only drink breast milk or Singapore milk hor.. :a-fun:  :a-fun:

By the way, some of the milk powder found in Malaysia is Made in Tuas ah...

Pls everyone.  Why are we pumping 95 in MY when u are legally not supposed to. 

Yeah, we all top up our cars with their local fuel whenever we go up there.  But non MY registered cars can only pump 97, or 100. 

Pls everyone.  Why are we pumping 95 in MY when u are legally not supposed to. 

Yeah, we all top up our cars with their local fuel whenever we go up there.  But non MY registered cars can only pump 97, or 100. 

U can't pump 95 there mah. People are talking about 97 vs 100 lol

Errrr ........... this notice dated 1st AUG 2010 ... :blink:

This directive has been in-forced SINCE 1st August 2010.

Unless no directive is issued, it is STILL in force.

Name one b n b car engine that requires 100 octane to work? Even the most super of all super cars can work on 95 octane

FYI, in Thailand and Indonesia, their max octane rating at the pumps is at 95 only, and for Thailand, they got E10 and now E85... meaning the fuel has 85% mix of Ethanol to keep the fuel cost down and to allow cleaner combustion chambers. 

These countries have super cars too. I wonder why they can run on 95 octane and/or E85 without their engines blowing up?

No wonder bolehland people laughed at sinkies... loaded but stupid... Willing to pay more for fuel that their simple engines can't take adv of. 

We buy their 97 octane fuel only becos of Euro 4 specs... which is not that ideal for our new Euro 6 compliant cars. But alot safer than their Euro 2 95 octane. 

Therefore, just choose their 97 octane will do la

My car recommend RON98. 

It is not a supercar.

• Praise 1

People are cheapskate la. When you can get cheaper things across the border why not? Petrol is much cheaper over there. Dude you really think people drive in with 3/4 tank meh? Sometimes people value money more than time. So that's why they don't mind wasting time there buying cheaper stuff. Think of it, if people only earn 3k a month, that's about 150 per day assuming a 5 day work week. If they can save 50 bucks on petrol and some other spending. they save 1/3 of their daily pay. Why not? If these people go JB and pump petrol, what makes you think they care about the upkeep of their car. But this is their choice. A lot of PHVs go in there for cheap petrol as well. How much they make is determined by the distance they can clock. So they have to save money that way. It is just the way of life here. If gas prices here were the same as malaysia, do you think people will bother going over? Probably not.

Why do you think all the food places at the JB side are over priced? Why do you think car workshops there have good biz even though their price is only slightly cheaper than singapore? These places cater to singaporeans. 

Last Wednesday JB supper MU, we left Woodland Central at 8:10pm.  Cleared both custom and regroup at Petronas 30 mins later.

On my way back to Singapore, pumped 25L of RON100.  Song song kao Jurong.

My car recommend RON98. 

It is not a supercar.

A lot of cars has recommended grade as 98 but the manufacturer will also say if cannot find 98, car can accept 95 with reduced performance.  My lao pok car(scrapped liao) is liddat one.  when it was still alive, I find MY 97 to work fine even tho 98 is recommended.

Does your car work with reduced performance on 97?

A lot of cars has recommended grade as 98 but the manufacturer will also say if cannot find 98, car can accept 95 with reduced performance.  My lao pok car(scrapped liao) is liddat one.  when it was still alive, I find MY 97 to work fine even tho 98 is recommended.

Does your car work with reduced performance on 97?

I don't see a diff btw 97 and 98.

But i see a huge diff btw 98 and 100.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Swee lah! Singapore car pump ron100, then ownself go jiak din tai fung at city square. Well worth it ah!!!

Edited by Zxcvb

Swee lah! Singapore car pump ron100, then ownself go jiak din tai fung at city square. Well worth it ah!!!

Petron station is next to City Square.

For SGD20, can eat how many Xiao Long Pao at City Square?

eh thought u driving 1.4turbo, should be pumping 95 bah, or else ur turbo engine will downregulate the power  :huh:

no lah, mine is the 1.0L turbo. Car manual stated 95 recommended, 91 acceptable, 98 acceptable.  so I go 92 lor.. ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Can run on lower grade fuel does not mean they will be running on optimal power. Modern performance engines that are tuned to run best on higher octane fuel are able to adjust to compensate for lower grade fuel by reducing performance. So no, can run on 95 does not mean you will get the same performance as 98. It just means your engine won't knock knock cheebaboom when u cheap out.

For overseas users I dunno. Mayb they use their own additives or Octane boosters. Or mayb they have slightly different ecu tunes.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

Not only jiak din tai fung plus go watch movie, buy grocery and etc.

If to only go inside and pump petrol is waste time and $ but if you are going in to do quite a fair bit of stuff then worth it

jiak bkt and seafood that you cant find in spore

for the price that is affordable and taste awesome

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement