Commuters to undergo security screening at MRT stations

ChaosMyth

So these metal detectors achieve what purpose?

- pick up back pack bombs?

- pick up laptops masquerading as bombs?

- pick up guns?

- pick up portable battery packs?

- pick up knives/parang/swiss army knives?

- pick up vibrators?

If these guys can get to the depots just to vandalize...they have bigger things to worry about than my portable battery pack. :D

11620_1_l.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

On a separate note, the authorities are now recommending tighter security at religious venues like Temples, Churches, Mosques etc and there will be guidelines on this and the relevant religious organisations in charge of these venues will have to form a task force on this and they are also told to heighten awareness to the devotees, congregation etc.

It’s about time if u ask me as our guard is down at these venues and frankly when devotees go to pray, last thing on their mind is potential security threads so creating an environment of awareness and preparedness at least goes some way in mitigating potential threats.

Our relatively safe environment has brought in complacency amongst us Singaporeans so let’s be on our guard be it at MRT or anywhere for that matter.

• Praise 6

Just travel naked lah. All those naked people getting kpkb on STOMP are not siao lang, just ahead of their time. :D

I believe in sexual discrimination and I am bias against men

and I think men should not be allowed to travel naked.

The privilege should should only be extended

to women especially the good looking young one.

:D

I am proud to admit I am not politically correct and have no wish to be.

I only want to see women on top.

This is called the illusion of security.

Like flying to the US they check you at the airport

while millions of people are just walking in through

the Mexican border.

- pick up guns?

- pick up vibrators?

If these guys can get to the depots just to vandalize...they have bigger things to worry about than my portable battery pack. :D

11620_1_l.jpg

• Praise 2

doc, how in the world did you ever could guess that Jamesc had been all times carrying back-up vibrators for his MIL? 

- pick up guns?

- pick up vibrators?

11620_1_l.jpg

This is called the illusion of security.

Like flying to the US they check you at the airport

while millions of people are just walking in through

the Mexican border.

different Jamesc

you pay using the airport so like all kiasu Singapore we expect to make full use of whatever facilities including security checks to make our airport tax money worthwhile

whereas Mexican border, no need to pay leh

many unsuspected individuals lost their privacy in toilets with spy cameras

Londoner had lost privacy with security camera everywhere.

We are so late.

We are so late.

Our hdb residential estates these days are also chock full of cctvs courtesy of the police. Not necessarily more secure because crimes still happen but at least there's video evidence when it happens and easier to find the perpetrators.

Long ago, used to experience losing shoes left outside the house, or bicycle parked downstairs get stolen. It's a rarity these days with cctvs installed.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

We are so late.

Look around more.

We also have security cameras everywhere.

Our hdb residential estates these days are also chock full of cctvs courtesy of the police. Not necessarily more secure because crimes still happen but at least there's video evidence when it happens and easier to find the perpetrators.

Long ago, used to experience losing shoes left outside the house, or bicycle parked downstairs get stolen. It's a rarity these days with cctvs installed.

My place doesn’t have CCTV

Singapore so peaceful the police and security agencies must be getting fat. With all the cctv installed island wide all of them literally sit in the aircon office use eye power only. [laugh]

Look at the capture of the condo security guard cum molester. They activated 4 riot police buses, more dan 10 police vehicles and a company plus of special operation force officers. I see liao laugh until peng.

I think they are put to work instead of CBL in the office. First line of defense like at the airport and causeway link are already covered. Why they have to do this? A lot of local ppl self radicalise meh? Maybe got new opposition political party popping up every now and then they got scared. [laugh]

Singapore so peaceful the police and security agencies must be getting fat. With all the cctv installed island wide all of them literally sit in the aircon office use eye power only. [laugh]

Look at the capture of the condo security guard cum molester. They activated 4 riot police buses, more dan 10 police vehicles and a company plus of special operation force officers. I see liao laugh until peng.

I think they are put to work instead of CBL in the office. First line of defense like at the airport and causeway link are already covered. Why they have to do this? A lot of local ppl self radicalise meh? Maybe got new opposition political party popping up every now and then they got scared. [laugh]

Well ... the AV branch has been very very busy in the past few months - if you see the news - so not all departments are CBL :D

Edited by Sosaria

Well ... the AV branch has been very very busy in the past few months - if you see the news - so not all departments are CBL :D

I just remembered Singapore is hosting the ASEAN summit coming mid-Nov at suntec. Must avoid that area at all cost. Including all the mrt stations around it. All these BS must be preparations for the summit. You can bet all your money those security checks will be in the suntec area. If you are working there. Your life will suck for a couple of weeks.

More and more like animal farm. [rolleyes]

Basically no more privacy.

What kind of “toys” do you carry around ?? Until like no privacy
  • Praise 1

I think it’s OK to have that feeling of security peace of mind , as most said China has it , even India has it ( even in big shopping Centre’s and hotels and major stations and religious places and govt/private buildings and even in Indonesia too hotels and major shopping centers ) so why not here too can’t take things for granted always - this are the 3 most populous countries

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1