Commuters to undergo security screening at MRT stations

ChaosMyth

In response to your last para, a bit of a philosophical tangent, but just imagine...in a world without "bad guys" or any ill-intent at all, you:

- wouldn't need locks on your house, cars or drawers

- wouldn't need passwords or antivirus software on your PC. Think of the speed increase.

- wouldn't even need legal contracts. A simple handshake would do, even to buy or sell a house.

Terrorism is just the new bugbear we're all supposed to be paranoid about. But if you really think about it, we need to jump through hoops in our daily lives simply because most humans are scum. Lol (sad laughter).

Agree, Bec of the few scums we r compelled to make life complicated.. but at what price do we want to pay? Edited by Lurpsexx

On a separate note, the authorities are now recommending tighter security at religious venues like Temples, Churches, Mosques etc and there will be guidelines on this and the relevant religious organisations in charge of these venues will have to form a task force on this and they are also told to heighten awareness to the devotees, congregation etc.

It’s about time if u ask me as our guard is down at these venues and frankly when devotees go to pray, last thing on their mind is potential security threads so creating an environment of awareness and preparedness at least goes some way in mitigating potential threats.

Our relatively safe environment has brought in complacency amongst us Singaporeans so let’s be on our guard be it at MRT or anywhere for that matter.

partly also because they brought in so many FT ........ now the culture here become more Rojak    :D  

Use our money to counter the problem they started ... very smart lel  [thumbsup]   [crazy]

• Praise 3

if I shop in town and bought a chopper ... how ??? :grin:

Same as buy lew lian. Ownself drive ownself or see which taxi or grab can take you. Life's not fair eh? :D
  • Praise 1

Buy chopper still can explain...what if you buy vibrator.....later the auntie who line up behind you tsk at you.... :D

if I shop in town and bought a chopper ... how ???  :grin:  

Buy chopper still can explain...what if you buy vibrator.....later the auntie who line up behind you tsk at you.... :D

Tsk is ok ... i worry she ask me Nice or not
  • Praise 1

Same as buy lew lian. Ownself drive ownself or see which taxi or grab can take you. Life's not fair eh? :D

haha long time no take mrt.  Yes, life is unfair ......  I accepted that long time ago ... but I dont wan 

to go down without a fight   ... especially for my love lew lian  :XD:

• Praise 1

partly also because they brought in so many FT ........ now the culture here become more Rojak    :D  

Use our money to counter the problem they started ... very smart lel  [thumbsup]   [crazy]

You can't blame "SO MANY FT".

Do we have a strong local culture?

If we don't, of course become Rojak lo.

actually what they wan to detect ........... metal piece are common . if carry laptop , must bring out too ?

are they gonna detect "white power" too  ...... its endless .  

Or is is just a excuse to spend Money again ............  Charge high high to budget but cost maybe just 10%. 

how , who verify .....  

<_<

• Praise 3

actually what they wan to detect ........... metal piece are common . if carry laptop , must bring out too ?

are they gonna detect "white power" too  ...... its endless .  

Or is is just a excuse to spend Money again ............  Charge high high to budget but cost maybe just 10%. 

how , who verify .....  

<_<

Auditor General to verify la.

Red flag already still do it.

You can't blame "SO MANY FT".

Do we have a strong local culture?

If we don't, of course become Rojak lo.

You can't blame "SO MANY FT". I dont blame the FT ........ I blame the MIW  :D  

Do we have a strong local culture? It was strong back in the 70s , 80s , no ? 

• Praise 5

You can't blame "SO MANY FT". I dont blame the FT ........ I blame the MIW  :D  

Do we have a strong local culture? It was strong back in the 70s , 80s , no ? 

If we have strong local culture, how come it become like that now?

Local culture being diluted.

MRT is operator.

Assets are owned by LTA.

ohhh ya billed out by LTA .....  [grin]

in this case, Screening detector paid by LTA (using tax payers money) ?  <_<  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2