Commuters to undergo security screening at MRT stations

ChaosMyth

ohhh ya billed out by LTA ..... [grin]

in this case, Screening detector paid by LTA (using tax payers money) ? <_<

Screening detectors are peanut la.

LTA buys back the entire breaking line from SMRT le

↡ Advertisement

if I shop in town and bought a chopper ... how ??? :grin:

They will ask if you got any medical allergy or taking any medication which you forgot to take lah !
  • Praise 1

Knn.. if I bomber, detonate at the queue lor..

If i carrying knife, all line up nicely, I can slit sooo many throats or stab so many backs conveniently...

So what is achieved?

Unless this is to prevent damage to train? Wtf are they thinking.

• Praise 1

Airlines ban carry on board water bottle.

Are they going to ban that as well? Otherwise shut up the fxxk talk on smrt security like airlines!

If one don't feel safe even taking own national subway..than might well stay in door all the times.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

In my personal opinion, if want to do, it's either you do the full works (like airport/airlines) or you just don't do at all.

Only check for metal? No xray machine? No liquid detectors? 

How will a metal detector pick up someone who brings in mineral water bottles of kerosene or other clear water-like fuel, a strip of cloth or handkerchief, a lighter he passed off as for his cigarettes. In less than a few seconds it can become a molotov cocktail. 

Doing half assed measures just impart a false sense of security waiting and inviting the determined saboteur to get through the loop holes. Who are the LTA scholars trying to pull wool over the eyes? The >30% gullibles? 

Waste of public money.  <_<

• Praise 2

In my personal opinion, if want to do, it's either you do the full works (like airport/airlines) or you just don't do at all.

How will a metal detector pick up someone who brings in mineral water bottles of kerosene or other clear water-like fuel, a strip of cloth or handkerchief, a lighter he passed off as for his cigarettes. In less than a few seconds it can become a molotov cocktail.

Doing half assed measures just impart a false sense of security waiting and inviting the determined saboteur to get through the loop holes. Who are the LTA scholars trying to pull wool over the eyes? The >30% gullibles?

Waste of public money. <_<

Fundamental question. Who going to apprehend them? Those smrt old uncle/aunty? Engage arm security?
  • Praise 1

Yup, can't see how cost effective this can be? Just add more CCTV as a deterrent but that will never stop the siao lang (same for metal detector).

Yup, can't see how cost effective this can be? Just add more CCTV as a deterrent but that will never stop the siao lang (same for metal detector).

Can always engage more foot patrol around smrt vicinity.

TO ME THAT IS MORE COST EFFECTIVE.

Yes.

Detect metal.....

Can always engage more foot patrol around smrt vicinity.

TO ME THAT IS MORE COST EFFECTIVE.

Humans cost more than CCTV. Must pay CPF, medical benefits, etc.

Humans cost more than CCTV. Must pay CPF, medical benefits, etc.

Only human can stops siao Lang.

In HK, female police shot a siao Lang with knife in MTR.

If high cost for foot soldiers, govt talk of security is paramount => bird tslk

Edited by Davidtch

Waste of public money.  <_<

I disagree.

How feasible is it to screen and presumably stop the transport of water on board MRT, which the population takes on a daily basis? Clearly there is a distinction between airports/airlines and MRT.

So if it is not possible to do the full works (which begs the question what amounts to "full works"), then by your position it means to do nothing at all. I think to try and stop something is better than not trying at all, weighing the cost vs. benefit.

By extension, if SMRT cannot prevent all maintenance issues and breakdown, then they should just stop trying entirely. If the door to your house cannot stop bullets or cannot stop a flood, then might as well not have a door. If I cannot be sure that I will get full marks for an exam paper then I might as well not study at all or not don't even bother showing up. Clearly these approaches are bizarre.

There is always the cost-benefit analysis. Someone will foot the bill and it will be naïve to think that the bill will not eventually find its way to the commuter, or even the taxpayer.

I am supportive of measured approaches and this move. Not attempts to poke holes without realistic alternatives.

• Praise 2

Agree to disagree. I made my points clear enough.

I disagree.

How feasible is it to screen and presumably stop the transport of water on board MRT, which the population takes on a daily basis? Clearly there is a distinction between airports/airlines and MRT.

So if it is not possible to do the full works (which begs the question what amounts to "full works"), then by your position it means to do nothing at all. I think to try and stop something is better than not trying at all, weighing the cost vs. benefit.

By extension, if SMRT cannot prevent all maintenance issues and breakdown, then they should just stop trying entirely. If the door to your house cannot stop bullets or cannot stop a flood, then might as well not have a door. If I cannot be sure that I will get full marks for an exam paper then I might as well not study at all or not don't even bother showing up. Clearly these approaches are bizarre.

There is always the cost-benefit analysis. Someone will foot the bill and it will be naïve to think that the bill will not eventually find its way to the commuter, or even the taxpayer.

I am supportive of measured approaches and this move. Not attempts to poke holes without realistic alternatives.

I disagree.

How feasible is it to screen and presumably stop the transport of water on board MRT, which the population takes on a daily basis? Clearly there is a distinction between airports/airlines and MRT.

By extension, if SMRT cannot prevent all maintenance issues and breakdown, then they should just stop trying entirely. If the door to your house cannot stop bullets or cannot stop a flood, then might as well not have a door. If I cannot be sure that I will get full marks for an exam paper then I might as well not study at all or not don't even bother showing up. Clearly these approaches are bizarre.

There is always the cost-benefit analysis. Someone will foot the bill and it will be naïve to think that the bill will not eventually find its way to the commuter, or even the taxpayer.

Deleted.. Edited by Lurpsexx

Only human can stops siao Lang.

In HK, female police shot a siao Lang with knife in MTR.

If high cost for foot soldiers, govt talk of security is paramount => bird tslk

I thought the foot soldiers are already in MRT station patrolling around?
↡ Advertisement