Full-time national serviceman dies after accident with Bionix during training 03 Nov 18

Raubern

This wan i also heard but its mortar not howitzer.....not sure that time 155mm got stationed in Thailand or not as those self-propelled arty are stationed in ROC.

I remembered the safety officer shouting through the loud hailer for any civilians to clear of the area before the live firing starts. Most prob the cattle didnt understand Thai...

This wan i also heard but its mortar not howitzer.....not sure that time 155mm got stationed in Thailand or not as those self-propelled arty are stationed in ROC.

I remembered the safety officer shouting through the loud hailer for any civilians to clear of the area before the live firing starts. Most prob the cattle didnt understand Thai...ððð

Was in hang chun.

Everyone hyped to be able to see 155 firing. The impact hill area was visible to us.

Bloody hell.. firing day, typoon... all cancelled.

Still remember the 155 batt drive into camp take shelter. The drivers towing the guns were very very impressive, the way they sah kah liao in the tiny parade square to park the guns.

• Praise 2

It's 155 self propelled bro. We started the gun trail together with ODE (aka ST) in Thailand since 87 in secretive...

We even tested gun to a firing range of 40k....

By 1990, most units have undergone the conversion course from towed to self propelled.

The incident happened during the 90s....

SAF paid dearly for barbecue beef... [bounce2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FH-2000#Users

You mean the towed and not sp right?

The 52cal is what have the 40km range.

The self propelled by ST

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPH_Primus

Came out much later.

Your company mate story is totally different. A spoilt child complaining of excessive pushups. :D

It's different if he can only narrow down to a specific plt or section comparing to knowing you are the fellow responsible. Fellow can find all ways and means to tekan you if you are foolish enough to expose yourself.

Back to complaining to hotline, someone in my bmt coy complained about excessive pushups. The PC responsible (a regular if i remember correct) must have gotten bttfked cuz he was so upset the next day. Spent the entire week behaving like a petulant child giving his plt pushups as punishment but spaced out exactly as the informal punishment guidelines demanded (15 mins apart i think) . Even had a stopwatch and all  [hur]

So, complain got use?

Was in hang chun.

Everyone hyped to be able to see 155 firing. The impact hill area was visible to us.

Still remember the 155 batt drive into camp take shelter. The drivers towing the guns were very very impressive, the way they sah kah liao in the tiny parade square to park the guns.

I was in OP which is the nearest to the target area. You can literally hear the rounds whizzing over you and land on the TA.

The gunho Thai people will go into the out of bound TA with their motorbike and collect he shrapnels after the bomb exploded.

They will run and take cove again once they hear the whizzing sound in the air....

I saw 1 fellow was too late in taking cover and the bomb landed abt 30m away. Beri lucky neber die but walk like a zombie after that to take cover..... :a-confused:

Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Praise 1

I was in OP which is the nearest to the target area. You can literally hear the rounds whizzing over you and land on the TA.

The gunho Thai people will go into the out of bound TA with their motorbike and collect he shrapnels after the bomb exploded.

They will run and take cove again once they hear the whizzing sound in the air....

I saw 1 fellow was too late in taking cover and the bomb landed abt 30m away. Beri lucky neber die but walk like a zombie after that to take cover..... :a-confused:

Hahaha....

So saf TSR and arty tradoc got changed to reflect this new safety distance boh?

Or ST kenna fxxk by saf .. I buy HE kao sio.. . you give ice HE pok siew tai !!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FH-2000#Users

You mean the towed and not sp right?

The 52cal is what have the 40km range.

The self propelled by ST

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPH_Primus

Came out much later.

Yah, I meant the FH-2000... This gun can be self propel also but speed is slower. Action front is fully mechanise...

Got 1 time a ccb controller told me my 7-tonne that tow the gun breakdown and I have to reach the deployment ground abt 1 km away within TTR else will fail my prop test....

I told the men to detached the gun from the 7 tonne and self propel the gun all the way to the DG...Controller see liao also hey lan, say I dam garang.... :a-panic:

Hahaha....

So saf TSR and arty tradoc got changed to reflect this new safety distance boh?

Or ST kenna fxxk by saf .. I buy HE kao sio.. . you give ice HE pok siew tai !!

Your company mate story is totally different. A spoilt child complaining of excessive pushups. :D

Excessive or not is defined by the SAF, not a recruit. And certainly not the PC or OC.

Edited by Kusje

It's 155 self propelled bro. We started the gun trail together with ODE (aka ST) in Thailand since 87 in secretive...

We even tested gun to a firing range of 40k....

By 1990, most units have undergone the conversion course from towed to self propelled.

The incident happened during the 90s....

SAF paid dearly for barbecue beef... [bounce2]

So the one recounted to us was an earlier case as our tour of Saiyok was in April/May 86......first time took an aeroplane.....a C-130 from PLB to an airbase in Thailand.....what a ride...

Was in hang chun.

Heng chun 155mm shiok lar. Troopers in a dry riverbed under a dry big bridge while the arty guys doing their usual and us flipping thru Taiwan playboy version...

So the one recounted to us was an earlier case as our tour of Saiyok was in April/May 86......first time took an aeroplane.....a C-130 from PLB to an airbase in Thailand.....what a ride...

• Praise 1

FH-2000 only started deploying in Thailand in the 90s.....

You must have landed in Kempeng Sian airbase and took a bus to Saiyok...

But the cattle story still the same...

Yah, I meant the FH-2000... This gun can be self propel also but speed is slower. Action front is fully mechanise...

Got 1 time a ccb controller told me my 7-tonne that tow the gun breakdown and I have to reach the deployment ground abt 1 km away within TTR else will fail my prop test....

I told the men to detached the gun from the 7 tonne and self propel the gun all the way to the DG...Controller see liao also hey lan, say I dam garang.... :a-panic:

Walau eh, even the Thai army cannot stop them you think SAF can stop them from going in..... [sweatdrop]

Curious about the prof test scenario..

Operationally..I not arty hor.

Don't think it's physically possible to manually push it 1km?

even you push, barely ammo for 1 call. And how to escape counter batt?

So what's the model answer?

Interestingly, had a colleague also arty.

He mentioned going to India with the fh2k, there was a time ST tried to sell it to them. Eventually ST got accused of alleged bribery, long story.

But my colleague said that during demo, they had to handle the rounds manually, but the competition just pressed button and some kinds of mechanical arm did the work. He came back feeling our gun would have lost the competition anyway.

• Praise 1

But the cattle story still the same...ðððð. Not sure what was the name of the airbase bro. But as we debus from the c-130 and walking to the tonners there were Thailand troopers doing airborne right next to the landing strip. Cool sight to watch them landing very nearby but their jump was rather shallow maybe 100-200m from the ground....if parachute fail sure got no time to deploy the reserve...ððð. That time freefall halo was the in-thing.....the saiyok gift shop operator was one...

My friend told me a Thailand story .

There were choppers parked in a field. But people wanted tho play football, so they just went to canteen call the pilot, and they immediately came and just flew the choppers to the end of the field .. I can't help imagining someone telling the pilots : TP lai liao.. double yellow line ah!!

• Praise 1

My friend told me a Thailand story .

There were choppers parked in a field. But people wanted tho play football, so they just went to canteen call the pilot, and they immediately came and just flew the choppers to the end of the field .. I can't help imagining someone telling the pilots : TP lai liao.. double yellow line ah!!

↡ Advertisement