Full-time national serviceman dies after accident with Bionix during training 03 Nov 18

Raubern

I think the problem arrives in the definition of ''NSF training death''.. say a guy who can't handle breakup stress with GF... walks in front of a land rover... and gets killed.

Who pays? The state?

I think its about due diligence here... i see it like drivers governed by LTA laws... rules say cannot do this cannot do that... you flout it as a driver.... its your responsibility,.

Same for army.. you cause a death via a rash act... then bear the consequences.

If the State, willfully disregarded a servicemen's life... then that another matter... But if the death is caused by a rash act of a servicemen or regular, how can the state be held accountable?

Think of it this way.

Even if some civil servant make a computer mistake and you find your CPF empty, you find who to compensate you? It's the same principle in just about every industry and organisation you can think of.

Short of suicide, really not much case.

The pendulum is swinging way too much against the nsf now.

Because the state is "Never" negligent..

Edited by Playtime
↡ Advertisement

I thought only son will not be posted to armour, artillery etc.... I mean the dangerous units.

Just a myth?

I am the only son also posted to amour.

Anyway my bad..reports stated reversing not forward moving..apologise.

But where is the M203 chap since vehicle is reversing? Maybe they changed sop.

• Praise 1

Ah Loong not the only son......Artillary General.... :D

redwire-singapore-lee-hsien-loong-firecr

I thought only son will not be posted to armour, artillery etc.... I mean the dangerous units.

Just a myth?

I am the only son also posted to amour.

Anyway my bad..reports stated reversing not forward moving..apologise.

But where is the M203 chap since vehicle is reversing? Maybe they changed sop.

no details now. We don't even know its during active training/exercise, or its during admin/laager state. 

VC ho say liao lor ....... bladdy LR so big cannot see. Unless is VC say driver advance, then driver kuku go reverse

And? What's that supposed to imply?

150k insurance still not enough? Do you want 3 meals in hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

I think the problem arrives in the definition of ''NSF training death''..  say a guy who can't handle breakup stress with GF... walks in front of a land rover... and gets killed. 

Who pays? The state? 

I think its about due diligence here...  i see it like drivers governed by LTA laws... rules say cannot do this cannot do that... you flout it as a driver....  its your responsibility,. 

Same for army.. you cause a death via a rash act... then bear the consequences. 

If the State, willfully disregarded a servicemen's life... then that another matter... But if the death is caused by a rash act of a servicemen or regular,  how can the state be held accountable?

What so difficult? If they can provide 150k of coverage, why can't they use the same principles to have it be 1.5 mil of coverage?

Anyway, in my view, the state should pay unless it is proven to be suicide and other deliberate acts. Even if it is caused by negligence or incompetence of the serviceman. Actually ESPECIALLY if it is due to incompetence of the serviceman. If  someone is a poor driver and mindef insists on putting a round peg in a square hole then why should the serviceman be responsible for any accidents when he has no choice on whether or not he has to drive?

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

150k insurance still not enough? Do you want 3 meals in hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

It's enough if you think it is enough.

• Praise 2

I give Mindef 150k for them to excuse my son from NS can?

unless you white horse category  :XD:  not white chicken hor  

Only their own breed can go without NS .... commoners like us life is nothing to them . 

• Praise 3

Just a myth?

Myth. Haha.

I also kena. Not armour. Armour engineer. Also tank leh.

I tink many of my mates there also only son

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1