Used car dealers setting up car portal, led by CarTimes

StreetFight3r

Actually the listing fee is the least of my concern when it comes to selling my cars.

It's the whole second hand car industry's business ethics and culture that needs a major shake up that simply starting a car portal themselves are not going to cut it.

Every business needs to make money. But making money with every known (or unknown) unscrupulous methods to maximize profit at customer's expense is what makes this industry a necessary evil. 

The day you decide to sell your current car to change to another car is fraught with trepidation on the prospect of having to deal with the 2nd hand dealers.

I, for one, will rather sell or buy from direct buyers/sellers than these dealers if possible.

The MOF/IRAS should breath down harder on this group of business.

Since kallang auto time till now seems their imagine hardly improved... I also kana from used car dealer when bought a 2nd hand car... Say till so good so good... In the end bought a piece of crab... Now only considering brand new.. Dont think new portal can be much help unless they lower their selling price and dont mark up the car condition..

Car dealers need to think of ways to value-add, and not just cost-add to customers. They can only survive this way.

They will be phased out by technology very soon, everyone is now bypassing unnecessary middleman.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

The used car trade is in the doldrums on account of depressed Certificate of Entitlement (COE) prices, which have rendered vehicle stocks bought with higher premiums commercially unviable. The slowdown, which started in July when CO

===

Fake news is it? Used cars depreciation ($8000 for B&B) and 1 yo priced higher than new cars. How to sell? 

The used car trade is in the doldrums on account of depressed Certificate of Entitlement (COE) prices, which have rendered vehicle stocks bought with higher premiums commercially unviable. The slowdown, which started in July when CO

===

Fake news is it? Used cars depreciation ($8000 for B&B) and 1 yo priced higher than new cars. How to sell?

Sell to those who cannot afford 30 per cent dp for a new car