New Punggol link road to open about a year ahead of schedule

Wormee

At last, 14 more days!

Punggol is getting its new road to TPE/KPE being Phase 1 starting 25 Nov 2018. Hope that it alleviates the peak hour jam (even on weekends).

Kinda of excited as I'm personally affected by the jam everyday. Let's look at the situation after it opens. But then again, it is during school holidays and the real situation should be reflected next year when school reopens.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-punggol-link-road-to-tpe-kpe-10908120

post-55105-0-36850500-1541900179_thumb.png

post-55105-0-05864600-1541900195_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Punggolians or Punggolites, both are ok as I’m proud to be one haha. Similar to Sengkangers, I hope we will benefit from the new road. :)

Talking about ah lians, hmm....true but are there a lot or compared to other towns I’m not sure and cannot confirm. Lol

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Likely to lighten the traffic along TPE temporarily only. With another 10/20k housing coming in at Northshore district, eventually it will still choke areas like KPE/TPE entrances.

• Praise 2

Punggol is a good area to stay.... with so many government incentives to boost up the area...  malls, wildlife.. sports/recreational activities coupled with comparatively cheaper housing... 

pity they can't improve the traffic conditions... and they also wanna push car lite...  

Punggol is a good area to stay.... with so many government incentives to boost up the area...  malls, wildlife.. sports/recreational activities coupled with comparatively cheaper housing... 

pity they can't improve the traffic conditions... and they also wanna push car lite...  

Anywhere also same la, they cannot improve traffic conditions in sg de. So the only solution is to put up more ERP gantry to solve the traffic problem?!  [rolleyes]

They are working from the downstream ....should target the up stream if they want to solve the root of the problem.

Upstream:  crappy unreliable public transport and connectivity

Downstream: Punggol ah lians have no choice but to buy cars to transport themselves to work or send kids to school. Increasing the traffic load in the area that it was not designed for/planned for because the town planners ASS-U-ME that the MRT/bus network are reliable and is the "fashionable" choice for the young.

Anywhere also same la, they cannot improve traffic conditions in sg de. So the only solution is to put up more ERP gantry to solve the traffic problem?! [rolleyes]

Just follow hdb lah... If u sell your car, u are barred from buying new for a period and only allowed to buy used cars... Haha... Pls don't dislike me... Joking joking

They are working from the downstream ....should target the up stream if they want to solve the root of the problem.

Upstream:  crappy unreliable public transport and connectivity

Downstream: Punggol ah lians have no choice but to buy cars to transport themselves to work or send kids to school. Increasing the traffic load in the area that it was not designed for/planned for because the town planners ASS-U-ME that the MRT/bus network are reliable and is the "fashionable" choice for the young.

hahha

true upstream :vote change... 

↡ Advertisement