Spize mass food poisoning, SAT officer died

Vratenza

Looks like the safest food to eat is SAF cookhouse food. Lol. Even heard before school canteen also happened food poisoning before.

NOT true bro.

My son just told me got food poisoning case recently.

Cover up, no report in media.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Huh brocolli got frozen one?? first time i heard , I mean I heard of frozen peas, chips and other veggies ... maybe I'm so used to wet market fresh ones only  

I try to minimise the time that fish or pork from wet market is out in the open.

Fast freezing button on fridge also helpful.

I don't get much frozen stuff except for ice cream and broccoli 

But If i buy milk or soy milk, i make sure that I'm on my way home after that already.

Will never buy chilled or frozen stuff from JB anyway since i don't have a cooler box. Actually even if i had one, i still won't buy. Lol the jams maybe too long.

• Praise 1

By that same token also as with other frozen stuff bought in supermarkets ; the transit time can be anything between 20 mins to 40 mins till we reach home and depending on how hot our car is or how soon we reach home;  especially things like ice-creams and all that stuff also can kenna infection ; but we have gotten used to living with this kind of situation as it must be happening everyday to everyone (consumer level); Usually I try to put the frozen stuff on front seat at leg room and blow the aircon on floor direction (helps a little i guess) 

Consider getting one of those cooler bags for such situations. it can be folded up and stored easily in the car when not in use.

I try to minimise the time that fish or pork from wet market is out in the open.

Fast freezing button on fridge also helpful.

I don't get much frozen stuff except for ice cream and broccoli 

But If i buy milk or soy milk, i make sure that I'm on my way home after that already.

Will never buy chilled or frozen stuff from JB anyway since i don't have a cooler box. Actually even if i had one, i still won't buy. Lol the jams maybe too long.

I have this for road trips https://www.amazon.com/Igloo-40358-P-Iceless-Thermoelectric-Cooler/dp/B007ZYIFQ0?th=1&psc=1

also bought an adapter so it can be plugged into a normal 3pin plug to keep it running.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Huh brocolli got frozen one?? first time i heard , I mean I heard of frozen peas, chips and other veggies ... maybe I'm so used to wet market fresh ones only  

have frozen brussel sprouts, carrots, corn, peas, chopped or whole spinach too.

There was once at H**s, the lady preparing the drinks sneezed (not once but a few times) right into the few cups of hot drinks in front of her without turning her head away.

Me: "Hello, can you tell her not to sneeze into the coffee"

Manager (operating as cashier) : "Huh?"

Me speaking slowly: " Can  . . . . you . . . tell . . . her . . . . . . don't . . . . sneeze  . . . . . into . . . . the  . . . . drinks?"

Manager: "Huh??" 

[sweatdrop]   [grin]   [dead]

i ever saw one drinks stall auntie take all the used straws and wash them !!!!  [dizzy]

Told myself and family NEVER to ever buy from them

• Praise 2

east siders can go Simpang Bedok for your Spize fix … got local and Mediterranean fare. 

I stay near Simpang Bedok for 20 years. Been to Spize ONCE. They are expensive. 

But their business is SIBEH the good !!! Every night dinner time is packed lor 

very hard to get good quality broccoli. The market one is from china. The supermarket one i cant beat all the aunties who go in when they unpack the vegetables  [laugh] by the time i go, only left the laoya ones.

I've switched to just purely buying frozen ones. Anyway it's mostly for the kids. 

Think it will be different now because one man just died from the food posioning the case

have frozen brussel sprouts, carrots, corn, peas, chopped or whole spinach too.

whole spinach is not particularly worthwhile. A lot of frozen water. The spinach leaves fresh one are much better.

Anyway spinach leaves keep quite well. U can easily get 1-1.5 weeks out of them in the fridge.

Carrots also are the only vegetable in my fridge all the time. Hard to spoil.

Cos my kids are eating small quantities each meal, so veggies that don't spoil quickly are important to me.

Broccoli definitely must get frozen. 

Turbocharged

whole spinach is not particularly worthwhile. A lot of frozen water. The spinach leaves fresh one are much better.

Anyway spinach leaves keep quite well. U can easily get 1-1.5 weeks out of them in the fridge.

Carrots also are the only vegetable in my fridge all the time. Hard to spoil.

Cos my kids are eating small quantities each meal, so veggies that don't spoil quickly are important to me.

Broccoli definitely must get frozen. 

for the frozen spinach, my experience is that there is not much frozen water, at least in the last 6 years i have been using them. But i prefer the chopped ones (comes in uniform round coin shape) as it is more VFM.

i keep packs of brussel sprouts, chopped spinach and brocolli in my freezer. Good for "suddenly want to cook something" occasions but don't want to do marketing. Referring to those flash frozen vege straight from farm type.

for the frozen spinach, my experience is that there is not much frozen water, at least in the last 6 years i have been using them. But i prefer the chopped ones (comes in uniform round coin shape) as it is more VFM.

i keep packs of brussel sprouts, chopped spinach and brocolli in my freezer. Good for "suddenly want to cook something" occasions but don't want to do marketing. Referring to those flash frozen vege straight from farm type.

I've used both before. Emborg brand.

I used to get them but i eat spinach leaves for my salad. So i just get the fresh one.

U throw them straight in? I still soak them.

Not really a brussel sprouts person.

Frozen cauliflower is supposedly good as well. But not available at NTUC finest.

Turbocharged

I've used both before. Emborg brand.

I used to get them but i eat spinach leaves for my salad. So i just get the fresh one.

U throw them straight in? I still soak them.

Not really a brussel sprouts person.

Frozen cauliflower is supposedly good as well. But not available at NTUC finest.

I've used Emborg or Wattles (red pack) before. Emborg is cheaper. From Hungary I think.

I only use the frozen spinach for cooking purposes. I just m/w them for a minute to "defrost" it before throwing them into egg or stir fry udon/bee hoon/noodles etc. For salads, the fresh baby spinach will be purchased.

I think I have seen frozen cauliflower before. Emborg as well. Think it was finest but can't be sure. 

Thinking of buying frozen berries to mix with yoghurt but not sure if that's the way to use them. Frozen berries/cherries are really VFM.

I also have other frozen seafood eg prawns, clams, oysters, mussels, sometimes cod, in my freezer which I use frequently for quick meals.

Cover up ah, thought SAF food really so safe?!  [rolleyes]

Didnt know defrost frozen meat in the mircowave is no good?!

It's not good for the quality of the cooking. Nothing to do with the safety.

Maybe not now already...haha.

I've used Emborg or Wattles (red pack) before. Emborg is cheaper. From Hungary I think.

I only use the frozen spinach for cooking purposes. I just m/w them for a minute to "defrost" it before throwing them into egg or stir fry udon/bee hoon/noodles etc. For salads, the fresh baby spinach will be purchased.

I think I have seen frozen cauliflower before. Emborg as well. Think it was finest but can't be sure. 

Thinking of buying frozen berries to mix with yoghurt but not sure if that's the way to use them. Frozen berries/cherries are really VFM.

I also have other frozen seafood eg prawns, clams, oysters, mussels, sometimes cod, in my freezer which I use frequently for quick meals.

I have frozen shrimp last time. But these products like squid, prawns, u will be hard pressed to find one that doesn't come through china/vietnam.

Anyway my freezer space is limited. between all my meats and the frozen broccoli, i don't have space for more.

Frozen fish. I've not had a good experience. All taste pretty shitty to me. Even though theoretically the flash freezing on the ships should be ok. But I've never had a frozen fish that don't taste bad.

Turbocharged

I have frozen shrimp last time. But these products like squid, prawns, u will be hard pressed to find one that doesn't come through china/vietnam.

Anyway my freezer space is limited. between all my meats and the frozen broccoli, i don't have space for more.

Frozen fish. I've not had a good experience. All taste pretty shitty to me. Even though theoretically the flash freezing on the ships should be ok. But I've never had a frozen fish that don't taste bad.

i've tried frozen cod, snapper, mackerel, those cheap white fish (cat fish i think), pregnant fish, sotong, duck breast meat, chicken wings. but because the meat pieces are large, it takes a lot of time to defrost in water. So i've stuck with prawns, clams, mussels etc which thaw much faster.

Frozen cod tastes ok to me. I can't discern material difference in meat texture/bite feel etc from the supposedly fresh cod I have in restaurants.

Almost all the frozen prawns and clams are from either vietnam or indonesia or china. I usually buy the vietnam ones. But no preference. I choose based on price. For mussels, you can buy those from NZ which usually come with full shell. AFAP, I try to buy those which are vacuum packed.

i've tried frozen cod, snapper, mackerel, those cheap white fish (cat fish i think), pregnant fish, sotong, duck breast meat, chicken wings. but because the meat pieces are large, it takes a lot of time to defrost in water. So i've stuck with prawns, clams, mussels etc which thaw much faster.

Frozen cod tastes ok to me. I can't discern material difference in meat texture/bite feel etc from the supposedly fresh cod I have in restaurants.

Almost all the frozen prawns and clams are from either vietnam or indonesia or china. I usually buy the vietnam ones. But no preference. I choose based on price. For mussels, you can buy those from NZ which usually come with full shell. AFAP, I try to buy those which are vacuum packed.

Yeah mussels if no lemon butter sauce no point ... ha

If i want some seafood, i just buy those canned razor clams or bao bei 

Yeah. my space very limited, so i mostly use it to store the fish/chicken/pork that i eat. 

pregnant fish is shishamo issit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shishamo

i've seen too many videos where they inject fillers into the prawns to bulk it up. So i kinda just eat prawns fresh nowadays.

Sotong always end up being overcooked. haha so seldom eat now. Prefer fresh anyway.

↡ Advertisement