2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

The shock absorber or suspension.

On the 3rd year, I have found the car was becoming more bouncy.

There is squeezeing sound if I suddenly drove past the road shoulder during the exit from the highway.

Just curious,

what mileage was that at when the shock absorbers failed?  Did you change all 4 ?

Also,  was the rims/tyres stock or were they upgraded? 

read some news that some country recall of auris and chr due direct shift CVT design defects..

Any links?  which countries?

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 1

Just curious,

what mileage was that at when the shock absorbers failed? Did you change all 4 ?

Also, was the rims/tyres stock or were they upgraded?

Any links? which countries?

its in USA and Australia apparently:

https://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+conducting+safety+recall+involving+certain+toyota+corolla+hatchback+vehicles.htm

https://www.toyota.com.au/news/toyota-australia-recalls-corolla-vehicles-to-replace-cvt-assembly

• Praise 2

Thanks for the links.

Seems the Direct-Shift-CVT is 1st generation. 

current only new RAV 4 is direct shift for borneo motor model. i think new altis mayuse back previous gen CVT..heard taiwan new altis estimate launch march 2019, hopre can reach here around that time too..

• Praise 1

I''m curious if the Axio/Fielder will be refreshed or Toyota will make the Japan lineup same as the global lineup i.e. use the same Corolla Sedan model.

• Praise 1

I''m curious if the Axio/Fielder will be refreshed or Toyota will make the Japan lineup same as the global lineup i.e. use the same Corolla Sedan model.

Nope. As I've mentioned earlier, the current Axio/Fielder will continue to be built alongside the new G12 Corolla Sport hatch in JDM

In JDM, Toyota sells the G12 Corolla hatch only. Sedans and wagon version are not sold.

Also, you have to understand the general customers demographics in JDM. Over there, Toyota, esp their B n B cars are generally catered for old folks. For the Axio range, the average buyer's age is at 68 years old (2015 data). Naturally Toyota will need to offer something thats suitable for old folks. The Axio may looked awful and super basic, but thats what the old folks are looking for anyway. Toyota already offer Toyota Safety Sense suite in the Axio to help these folks along. 

This is why after the G9 Hipporolla, the JDM Corolla design and platform went the opposite direction as compared to our export market Altis and Auris range. It differs so much so that almost nothing was shared with the export market Corollas. 

The G12 Corolla will be too exciting and too complicated for Axio customers in JDM. Also, why do these old folks needs such sporty car with such rigid chassis and superbly design suspension when they drive at 60kmh most of the time and do not go past 90 on their highway? Wouldn't that 2L Dynamic Force engine or the 1.8L Hybrid engine be a total waste for them?

• Praise 2

Corollas are solid workhorses. My dad drove one for 15 years and I drove one for 7 years (1995 model) and an Altis (2002 model) for another 3 years before upgrading to a Camry (2005 model). Good for 200k km before they start breaking down. Only need to replace common wear and tear parts - mountings, bushes, absorbers, brakes and timing belt. Nothing else will fail. No gearbox, weird rattling or electronics issues. Power windows seem to work forever. There is a reason they sell millions of these worldwide and I think they will continue to sell well with the new TNGA platform Corolla. Same with my Camry. Drove it for a good 10 years and only had to replace mountings and the O2 sensor. Never failed me a single day in 10 years.    

• Praise 1

Will be great if there is a hybrid version of the Altis as the market is slowly diverting to hybrid and electric versions. US just intro the hybrid version of the Corolla while Europe and China already have the hybrid in the Corolla range for some time already.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Will be great if there is a hybrid version of the Altis as the market is slowly diverting to hybrid and electric versions. US just intro the hybrid version of the Corolla while Europe and China already have the hybrid in the Corolla range for some time already.

In Thailand, hybrid Camry was launched together with both 2L and 2.5L.

Depends on how BM prices the hybrid Corolla.

I would prefer PIs to bring it in first. Look at the Camry hybrid. How successful it is when PIs brought it in.

https://www.facebook.com/1768806500034189/posts/2118245428423626/

This pi brought in the top spec corolla hatch hybrid liao. This is the UK or Aussie market model, hence u get a 220kmh speedometer and all english cluster readout. And a superbly nice factory touch-screen display as shown. And those 18in factory fitted wheels.

Use this as a ref when BM do launch their g12 Corolla. And be disgusted by the sheer number of deleted equipment and the high price. And an old 6 yr old weak 1.6L vs this hatch 1.8L hybrid as shared by the current prius

• Praise 2

This pi brought in the top spec corolla hatch hybrid liao. This is the UK or Aussie market model, hence u get a 220kmh speedometer and all english cluster readout. And a superbly nice factory touch-screen display as shown. And those 18in factory fitted wheels.

Use this as a ref when BM do launch their g12 Corolla. And be disgusted by the sheer number of deleted equipment and the high price. And an old 6 yr old weak 1.6L vs this hatch 1.8L hybrid as shared by the current prius

BM profit margins are high hence need to cut down specs to hit their targets. But don't blame them. They can only do this if people keep buying from them. 

• Praise 1

For Asean market, most countries don't do 1.6L any more.  

Smelly smelly 1.8L.

↡ Advertisement