How to watch stuff on laptop on Smart TV.

Neutrino

if you have the latest smart tv mean you can cast/mirror what you see on your computer to tv.

Is it only latest smart TVs can cast/mirror?

I have smart TVs that are 7 year old, and I use chromcast and another mirror device to cast/mirror screen leh. Is it 画蛇添足?

↡ Advertisement

Taobao, Qoo10 will have. Very cheap. 

I have 2 at home, one each for my 2 old LCD TVs with Limited HDMI input and/or some of the inputs spoilt. 

This is an example:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20181118-072610_Qoo10.jpg

I really like that HDMI splitter because it has a remote handset as well.

But I haven't been able to find it on Qoo10 for some reason.

Would you believe it, a few minutes after I post I find the item on Qoo10.

Thanks all.

I'll order it now.

BTW my mobile phone is a Samsung S7 and my Smart TV is a LG 60" 3D model No 60LA7410 about 5 years old if anyone can help with how to cast/mirror.

Edited by Neutrino

My house don't even have TV. [smallcry]

Screenless.

Thanks all.

I'll order it now.

BTW my mobile phone is a Samsung S7 and my Smart TV is a LG 60" 3D model No 60LA7410 about 5 years old if anyone can help with how to cast/mirror.

To set up screen mirroring on your Smart TV, press the Input button, and choose Screen Mirroring on the display of your TV.

Ensure you have also turned on your Bluetooth on your phone and the mirror function.

https://m.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=512621454

Try this? 

Edit: sorry, just saw your last post. Leave this link here for any others who need to find this item.  :D

Edited by Vratenza

Thanks all.

I'll order it now.

Hopes this help

post-15488-0-54839100-1542523899_thumb.jpg

post-15488-0-86599700-1542523908_thumb.jpg

Is it only latest smart TVs can cast/mirror?

I have smart TVs that are 7 year old, and I use chromcast and another mirror device to cast/mirror screen leh. Is it ç»è添足ï¼

Only Samsung hp to Samsung TV newer generation can cast. Yes I use chromecast as well on my series 6 Samsung TV (pre smart TV)

I forgot to ask is it a genuine version?

If its a pirate copy I cannot help as

I don't want to be assisting piracy.

If its not genuine which I thought

please ignore my suggestion.

:D

My advice is only for legally bought

and paid for movies.

Than can I ask how not to downlOadby illegal stuffs from the net?

Easy way - copy the video files onto a thumbdrive. Stick it into one of the free USB ports.

Done.

Non techie method

First step the most difficult. How to download and do the file conversion.

Youtube also certain file publisher forbid downloading.

Side track a bit. I recently inherited a smart tv and it would sometimes automatically switched on its own from tv to YouTube mode and the top of the screen would displayed âOPPO (then a few numbers)â. My daughter is the only person under roof uses an OPPO hp.

But only once it screened exactly what she was watching on YT at the dining area. What give?

Setting on the TV try to disable the oppo under mirroring.

I have to say thanks and praise posters on this thread a few times because they have helped a few times on this thread but restriction of not being able to re praise for 10 praises messes that up.

But a big thankyou to all.

Wow, I am still using this non digital Samsung TV. Come Jan'19, I need to buy something to watch TV or rather free channels.

Should 1 buy the digital box set up, buy a digital TV or go for Smart TV?

Which is the cheapest and good digital TV? 

Wow, I am still using this non digital Samsung TV. Come Jan'19, I need to buy something to watch TV or rather free channels.

What size is your TV? BTW, thought if you live in HDB, you can get free box?

Bro I recommend you to source for cables,

You can buy a ___ cable to hdmi

There are many options available

Got like mini display to hdmi

Type c to hdmi if u using MacBook

Usb to hdmi

All can find at challenger, popular may also have or do check out the tech show at the expo coming 24 and 25 Nov!

Current best brands out there are lg samsung and Sony

Lg quite reliable and can last, mine lg already using for 8years, although seeking to change once it spoils, wanna upside haha

Samsung is too for their clarity and visuals, their coloration is good

Sony good for android tv where you can install apps from Google plays store to your tv

Most tv got smart share or tv cast where you can project your phone or tablet or laptop to tv without any cable

Do give me praises if you find this helpful

Thanks all.

I'll order it now.

For Android HP, download the CAST app. 

For Windows laptop, open Chrome brower, and cast your screen from there. Personally, i prefer to cast from laptop, watching a few hours on your hp will drain the battery very fast. 

• Praise 2

What size is your TV? BTW, thought if you live in HDB, you can get free box?

Mine is the Samsung plasma 40 inches TV. Hardly switch on and therefore still ery good condition. Of course I could buy one of those box to watch using apps but quite cumbersome to swtch so many things just to watch tv. Most time i would be just using my laptop but once a while want to watch free channel cannot.

O, i don't qualify the free conversion box and antenna. One option is to buy but was thinking, it might be more worthwhile to change to a digital tv.

Mine is the Samsung plasma 40 inches TV. Hardly switch on and therefore still ery good condition. Of course I could buy one of those box to watch using apps but quite cumbersome to swtch so many things just to watch tv. Most time i would be just using my laptop but once a while want to watch free channel cannot.

O, i don't qualify the free conversion box and antenna. One option is to buy but was thinking, it might be more worthwhile to change to a digital tv.

Change to a digital smart TV. Can watch youtube, netflix, toggle, etc. If you get the box, have to use 2 remote controllers, have to select this select that.

↡ Advertisement