• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 36 praises

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:20 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because Seat Ibiza looks good, the visibility and seating position are excellent... and it looks better than VW Polo. I have not test driven the Ibiza, but WhatCar gives it 4-5 stars for driving and handling, so it should not be too shabby.

The purpose of my post was to get some feedback on SEAT and their after-sales.

I prefer the small/medium sized hatchbacks, and don't want to do anything larger than VW Golf.

I did look at the Peugeot 308, but could not get comfortable behind the wheels. The instrument cluster is mounted further back on the dashboard, and the small chunky steering wheel blocks the view of the speedometer. You have to sit higher so that you can see it over the steering wheel.

I like the Mazda design language, but the versions in Singapore are underpowered. Also, the 2019 Mazda 3 is just around the corner.

The Skoda Rapid look too big in pictures.

Nissan Note... looks so uninspiring.  [smallcry]

Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy  buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me.  [laugh]

Honda Jazz and Suzuki Swift?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because Seat Ibiza looks good, the visibility and seating position are excellent... and it looks better than VW Polo. I have not test driven the Ibiza, but WhatCar gives it 4-5 stars for driving and handling, so it should not be too shabby.

I prefer the small/medium sized hatchbacks, and don't want to do anything larger than VW Golf.

I did look at the Peugeot 308, but could not get comfortable behind the wheels. The instrument cluster is mounted further back on the dashboard, and the small chunky steering wheel blocks the view of the speedometer. You have to sit higher so that you can see it over the steering wheel.
I like the Mazda design language, but the versions in Singapore are underpowered. Also, the 2019 Mazda 3 is just around the corner.
Nissan Note... looks so uninspiring. [smallcry]
Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me. [laugh]

In the end you will buy nothing. Think this consider that....waste people time only.
Ody_2004 praised this

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

In the end you will buy nothing. Think this consider that....waste people time only.

Well, what am I supposed to do when I for feedback on SEAT Ibiza, and someone dumps list of cars without taking into consideration what I may like? I do understand they are trying to be helpful, so I am being polite and replying to it.

I am picky... and I don't apologise for it. I drive a Suzuki Swift Sport (ZC32) and I love it... bought is ~5 years ago when the COE was very high, and that is the reason for changing. 

And my shortlist in addition to SEAT Ibiza, also include VW Polo (Beats), VW Golf, Mini Cooper, (new) Swift Sport, and the (new) Audi A1.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Honda Jazz and Suzuki Swift?

I am currently driving Swift Sport (ZC32), and love it It is a awesome drive, with good after-sales service/support.

So yes, the ZC33 is definitely up there for me.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

westwest1
  • Premium member
    westwest1
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Nissan Note... looks so uninspiring.  [smallcry]

Hyundai i30 look good, good seating position and visibility. Have not test driven it yet, but I was bothered by cluster of empty/dummy  buttons on the dashboard near the drivers side. I am still trying to convince myself I should not let it bother me.  [laugh]

Golf GTi?

its the biggest of the small car you listed... actually the new A class also not too bad...

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Golf GTi?

its the biggest of the small car you listed... actually the new A class also not too bad...

Not the GTI... the GTI would be awesome, but I would like to limit my spend to S$120K - S$130K (if I really like it).  [blush]

I was enthusiastic about the Class A and the MBUX... until I saw the price. I should have expected it.  [laugh]

I think, for Mercedes, the high end models are good, but the lower end Mercs are just average - the A200 uses a Renault-Nissan engine, with torsion beam rear suspension

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Well, after much deliberation, I got the VW Golf 1.4 TSI.

Edited by Naresh, 03 December 2018 - 11:28 PM.

therock praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:15 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha
Joined the dark side... πŸ˜‚

Congrats

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:56 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Lol congrats. I hope you didn't buy the golf just to spite RogerNg. he can be quite a troll sometimes...

Edited by Pocus, 04 December 2018 - 08:57 AM.

therock and kelaihoyin praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Lol congrats. I hope you didn't buy the golf just to spite RogerNg. he can be quite a troll sometimes...

Haha, no that would foolhardy of me, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to reply to that post. 

Haha
Joined the dark side... πŸ˜‚

Congrats

Dark side, or do you mean the Dirty side? #dieselgate

[laugh]

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:05 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dark side, or do you mean the Dirty side? #dieselgate

[laugh]

You bought diesel Golf?  [confused]

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:28 AM

Naresh
  • Naresh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You bought diesel Golf? [confused]

No, that was supposed to be a joke... πŸ˜“
VW lied to their customers and cheated. And while the issue was not with petrol engines, they played dirty.

I got the 1.4 TSI Turbo petrol, HighLine.
I don’t think VW sells TDI variants of Golf in a Singapore.

Edited by Naresh, 05 December 2018 - 09:31 AM.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users