• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
165 replies to this topic | 952 praises

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all MCFers

Today someone hacked my credit card

This is a 20 years aged card

So many incurring monthly payee

Actually the moment I received a OTP for online transaction I smelled a rat liao

Immediately I reported to card centre

Then CSO immediately blocked the card

She go through all unbilled transactions with me

Checking from when the card was compromised

After verification she confirmed it is hacked more than a week

But I don’t have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I don’t know what is happening

Only OTP came...siao liao

Ok this hacker got balls of steel I can say

(He) used my card for all iTunes payments, Apple items, online automobile accessories and even dare to use my card to pay his mobile phone bill

Do you think this hacker really no horse run?

Card centre CSO also surprised that those transactions can track the hacker down

Clever to hack but stupid to spend huh

BTW sorry for so long winded

I hope to share this so that bro and sis here can be more careful

Best if some people can share more information about card security etc

Thank you for reading my post

PS. The troublesome part is I have to inform all payee about this and update all my new card details
BanCoe, Showster, Discoburg, Beregond, Hamburger, Blueray, Atrecord and 10 other members praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is it Molly?

Which bank?

Pohhenry praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine happened 2 months back with someone trying to bill to ITunes with a link for a measly $2.00 only ; and it really went to Apple Pay which asked for my password for iTunes and then I smelled a rat ; called the card company - they said they can block my card at my behest and gave me Apple direct hotline number (which was very fast service ) and they said they did not bill me but many others have been in similar situation and got rejected becos for want of expiry date of card not being right ( so the culprit is using apple’s genuine payment ) to see if the payment goes thru somehow on tikam tikam basis and when it finally goes thru will whack a big amount on the Card..... how exactly he will know - I’m still confused ..... anyway I had put in SMS trigger for all my cards and supplementary cards even for any measly $1/- transactions becos of an earlier situation
The problem in your case as in my case is that now you have to manually redo each and every giro or recurring payment form all over and it really took so much time and effort and each and every telco/ SP / singtel/ Starhub/ govt dept/ even AVA doggie license got different form format and takes again a month to activate and all that hassle and that too after the new card is delivered only which again can take between 2 days to more than 7 working days
Now this is technology today and not forgetting the easy link function and also atm function need to redo also
I’m talking about the POSB everyday card here

Edited by BanCoe, 21 November 2018 - 06:00 AM.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also kena before and also the perpetrator using in iTunes and Apple store. It was a Citibank card I think.

Dear all MCFers

Actually the moment I received a OTP for online transaction I smelled a rat liao

But I don’t have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I don’t know what is happening

(He) used my card for all iTunes payments, Apple items, online automobile accessories and even dare to use my card to pay his mobile phone bill

Card centre CSO also surprised that those transactions can track the hacker down

PS. The troublesome part is I have to inform all payee about this and update all my new card details

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

Sci10213
  • Premium member
    Sci10213
    4th Gear
    Author Image

A piece of advice (as what I have done):

Get 2 credit cards - 1 for use in Singapore and/or merchants in Singapore only + 1 for use in overseas (and also for all overseas payments).

Mustank, DACH, Lotr and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Found the Sms’s ..... was this the same message ?? Totally the person tried 4 times as I recieved 4 sms over a 2 day period

Attached Thumbnails

• 76B072C0-6EC0-4011-B0BF-A61D3E6BA682.jpeg
  • 1D7118C3-641F-4309-A32D-02E54413FF44.jpeg

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

There must be a loophole between iTunes and DBS, i also receive sms from dbs on unsuccessful deductions for iTunes purchase.
Pohhenry praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Happened to me a few years ago too. A transaction in Israel and DBS CSO called me near midnight to ask if I was there.

The transaction was promptly blocked and a new card posted to me within a few days.

Staff69, Lotr and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:13 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks like there is problem on iTunes and Apple store? I also received email from Apple that purchases have been made on iTunes, an invoice then email to me, and asking me to verify and click on the link if there is any discrepancy. I ignored the email and did not click on the link as i find the source of the email looks funny.

Lotr, Pohhenry and Dleodleo praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

skali is iTunes staff or ex-staff do-hand-leg 做手脚 [sweatdrop]

Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A few years back , my DBS card was compromised ..
Kanna abt Euro 4k+....
All was billed to Air-tixs and was questioned by the CSO N finally cleared n i jitao cancelled all my DBS CCs......
Come to think of it, those Cheap Business class tixs lobang ummmmmhh🧐....
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear all MCFers

But I donât have sms alert for my 20 years old card

So I donât know what is happening

Your kid do one issit
Frankly I won’t be too surprise
Ash2017, Angcheek, Uncle2 and Tianmo praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:21 AM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Screenshot_20181121-094723_Chrome.jpg

best to understand what type of protection the credit card offers
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Actually with so much going on, how does the CC company ever make money.

I understand in most cases, CC cannot get the money back.

Sometimes I dont feel sorry for the CC.

Look at the following:

when you use your CC, most times the sales never bother to look if the signatures are identical let alone similar, I have signed with different signatures before and still go through

cards like AMEX lagi silly they got the card number and their code number both infront of the card, so someone taking a picture can use the card especially if website sites does not need SMS or email authentication

paywave or similar with credit card, if you loose your card, anybody can walk to 7-11 and use your card, do you think 7-11 will bother to review their CCTV video for a $2 purchase item

there are many flaws with the use of CC

DBS is really not on top of the game. Eg there was on several occasion when you visited their website it looks funny, you suspect and dare not use, you call them they outsource to philipines and they tell you yes it a fake site and they know about it but yet they dont issue any SMS or email warnings to their client.

how come with technology they cannot trace the person who use your card

Angcheek, Pohhenry and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

AndrewLee72
  • Premium member
    AndrewLee72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Moving forward, pay by handphone app eg: scan code thingy - or wechat - will be safer ?

Cos if handphone lost, got fingerprint or pin to unlock before you can use it! haha

BanCoe, Lotr and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

iTunes and Apple store is so insecure?

So should not give them any credit card details?

Lotr and Pohhenry praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think my sis kana earlier in the year.

Thankfully I've been spared such trouble.

Lotr and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Found the Sms’s ..... was this the same message ?? Totally the person tried 4 times as I recieved 4 sms over a 2 day period

I also kana a few months back with my dbs card.  I got an sms at mid night stating my card was blocked . I didnt notice 

it till next day  [:|]

The next morning when I checked with dbs , they told me someone used the card in US and UK . A few transactions

were made . Largest were $4K   [knife]  . Anyway , DBS said they will take up with the merchants . 

Lotr praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:36 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

On informing the payees, maybe can just ignore them and let them send you a notice when they can't debit your hacked card.

Usually when I change card due to expiry date, I will receive a notice from some of the payees because I forgot that I should inform them.

Edited by Lotr, 21 November 2018 - 04:42 PM.

Pohhenry praised this

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your kid do one issit
Frankly I won’t be too surprise

Your gfs 小三 played the same trick on you ?  :secret-laugh:

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hackers, credit card, hacked and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users