Today my credit card was hacked

Inlinefour

Ah bo how to buy? I would use PayPal whenever possible

I think thats where the YouTrip card is useful. Only put in enough money for the transaction, and disable the card when not using.

i have neve4 bought anything from overseas website........i use lazada and look for the same thing.....usually have but price wise there is a difference. Scary after one of my friend got alerted of a few purchases done in USA while he was working......total nearly 5k!
↡ Advertisement

Just received a notification from Citibank that there is a transaction for GBP1000 to a sharkserver. Immediately call Citibank to report it.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

whats a sharkserver?

Sounds like some loadshark? But google and it says it is a web hosting company thingy.

• Praise 1

I applied online for Aussie Visa at one of the authorised websites. Visa cost be $17 which is about right after FX. 

When statement came, I saw got line item for an additional txn made on the same day as Aussie visa.  Also a visa, but it was $69 made from Barcelona. Obviously a fraud.

Reported and hope to get my money back. In meantime Maybank cancelled my card and re-issued. 

• Praise 1

Just received a notification from Citibank that there is a transaction for GBP1000 to a sharkserver. Immediately call Citibank to report it.

premium membership fee for sammyboy ?  :slow:  :grin:

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

No need to subscribe to Sammyboy when we have people like @Bancoe here.

KNN think of me after so long time now oni ah you ??! I tell @freeder no gib you this one Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

KNN think of me after so long time now oni ah you ??! I tell @freeder no gib you this oneððð

Early morning SMLJ??

Luckily, only credit card kanna hacked .. money can earn back..

If body kanna hack, AMTF

• Praise 5

KNN think of me after so long time now oni ah you ??! I tell @freeder no gib you this oneððð

You are always in my mind sensei.
  • Praise 1

Clutched

Cant find the setting in the Online page ... how u set alert for CC ? 

Request > More Requests > Change Local Transfer Limit > Manage Alerts

Called Citibank immediately when I received the sms on a GBP1000 charge on my card. Now the transaction is cleared by the bank after two days even though I told them about it being a fraudulent charge. Freaking pissed off.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Called Citibank immediately when I received the sms on a GBP1000 charge on my card. Now the transaction is cleared by the bank after two days even though I told them about it being a fraudulent charge. Freaking pissed off.

Does it mean the bank will not reimburse you the amount?

Dispute is raised but damn dumb that they still allowed this transaction to go through.

Supersonic

The transaction is cleared as soon as the purchase is made lor.

Imagine the thief goes to a store, buy a rolex. You get the SMS and call the bank. By the time you get thru and reports it, the thief has already walked away with the rolex. 

How to block the transaction?

↡ Advertisement