SG new PM

Krieger

LKY had threatened to replace GCT (then PM) with LHL. Because LKY outrank GCT in the party structure.

in no way can that be considered a healthy or desirable state of affairs...

This statement is very untrue!

Please do not spread ill of people, especially when they can no longer defend themselves

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

WP and DAP (Malaysia) also practise the system.

UMNO leadership is elected by branch delegate.

PKR leadership is elected by party member directly.

DAP inherited the system from PAP?

A centralized party system is probably more united with less dissenting voices. The PAP leadership race structure also deviates from the UK party system (both labor and conservative leadership are voted in by members). Where did they get that from?

We thus have quite a concentration of power in the hands of a few (1, 2, 3?), coupled with PAP stronghold in parliament and its use of the party whip, the fate of the nation essentially rests In the hands of a few. Can be good and bad.

Given the above, the argument that PAP, within itself, can provide the necessary competition for talents to rise to the very top and to nurture diversity of views appears weak at best?

• Praise 1

A centralized party system is probably more united with less dissenting voices. The PAP leadership race structure also deviates from the UK party system (both labor and conservative leadership are voted in by members). Where did they get that from?

We thus have quite a concentration of power in the hands of a few (1, 2, 3?), coupled with PAP stronghold in parliament and its use of the party whip, the fate of the nation essentially rests In the hands of a few. Can be good and bad.

Given the above, the argument that PAP, within itself, can provide the necessary competition for talents to rise to the very top and to nurture diversity of views appears weak at best?

In the UK system, today, who or what process will it take to remove Teresa may? Edited by Playtime

Devan Nair was 1 of the founder of DAP.

I am also interested where they learn it from.

We have to look at the bigger picture. Our PM has more or less set the date for GE next year and it's picked at a time when the economy is not doing well. Call it fear mongering, call it fear tactics, it had proven successful in the past elections. And the fate of wp trio is still questionable... all the more works towards miw advantage. What really matters is our future, what will happen to our votes as in which side will it go to. But I think many will be distracted by things that don't matter and focus on the wrong issues as always. It just becomes so predictable. Good luck to all of us.

• Praise 2

Skally tcb show hand and form a group of 6 to contest in AMK grc to fight with lhl and his team in AMK. Then tcb win AMk grc and lhl gets voted out. Anything is possible.

Would be well nigh impossible short of a scandal that can eclipse the feuding siblings saga... Not even najib lost his own seat after 1mdb.

PAP is a Leninist party,  they learned from USSR.  secretary general , cadre, central executive committee, comrade etc.

• Praise 1

In the UK system, today, who or what process will it take to remove Teresa may?

Not sure about how the Conservative party works internally... But the Johnson brothers and some others are Trying to unseat may. But this woman is still hanging on with fingers and nails.

But Labour's Jeremy corbyn is not actually popular among the Labour mps. They always accused him of weak leadership. But they can't unseat him due to his strong grassroot support.

Edited by Lala81

Tianmo he may be jealous because you entertain me leh.

I entertain you because you do have substance, and it keep my mind working and my IQ in check trying to figure out your moves. Also at the very least i do respect your persistence/stubborn attitude.  [laugh]

I am gifted with the abilities to  smell an empty vessel from a distance, and to such ppl i am never stingy with gun powder.  -_-

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

Not sure about how the Conservative party works internally... But the Johnson brothers and some others are Trying to unseat may. But this woman is still hanging on with fingers and nails.

But Labour's Jeremy corbyn is not actually popular among the Labour mps. They always accused him of weak leadership. But they can't unseat him due to his strong grassroot support.

She's definitely got more balls staying handling the brexit mess, than all those men who wanted it, but has no solution for the consequences. It's a no win situation for her... should've walked, but stayed. Respect.

And I quote from your link 

"There could be another reason for Mr Lee’s hesitation, which Mr Goh didn’t allude but which was revealed by former Cabinet minister Ahmad Mattar. The rally speech came just months after news that some of the ex-detainees in the Marxist conspiracy had recanted the confessions they made the year before. Mr Goh, who was acting PM because Mr Lee was away, decided to detain them the next day. Mr Lee was furious at the 24-hour delay. When he returned to Singapore, he rounded on Mr Goh  saying in front of the Cabinet ministers that “If Loong is not my son, I would have asked him to take over from you now.”

Lee never said to pull GCK down and replace him with LHL while GCK was PM. 

The quality of the electorate leaves much to be desired, but I guess it happens everywhere

• Praise 1

My personal assessment is CCS will eventually be the PM.

observe - the positional statements made, where he had been recently abroad, then you may understand why I come to that decision

Lets visit this thread after the coming GE election.

don't have to agree

• Praise 6

"There could be another reason for Mr Lee’s hesitation, which Mr Goh didn’t allude but which was revealed by former Cabinet minister Ahmad Mattar. The rally speech came just months after news that some of the ex-detainees in the Marxist conspiracy had recanted the confessions they made the year before. Mr Goh, who was acting PM because Mr Lee was away, decided to detain them the next day. Mr Lee was furious at the 24-hour delay. When he returned to Singapore, he rounded on Mr Goh  saying in front of the Cabinet ministers that “If Loong is not my son, I would have asked him to take over from you now.”

The quality of the electorate leaves much to be desired, but I guess it happens everywhere

:a-good:  [thumbsup]  :a-good:  [thumbsup]  :a-good:

hes the designated successor, what do you feel is the implication of removing him then?

anyway, you may have missed out below.

quote: 

Even when Mr Goh became PM in 1990, he knew Mr Lee could always remove him if he wanted to. This was  because Mr Lee was still secretary-general of the People’s Action Party.

“He told me that normally it is the secretary-general who becomes the Prime Minister. I am handing over to you, but would it be all right if he stayed on as secretary-general? So what does that tell you? He’s not sure if I might change or could succeed…You know my style, and I said yes.” end quote.

the issue here is not really LKY, he is what he is, no point denying as he would have it no other way, hes always been upfront. GCT is probably already being tactful. Inability to see beyond lky will cloud ones ability to see the big picture clearly. To be too emotionally attached or identified to any politician is never good,,,, not saying you are.

The problem is the system and the main actors. That for those who feel Singapore needs change, even if mr heng (best choice so far) becomes PM, its not over cos he can still be changed, unless you think GCT is nuts in writing what, think, just think of the implications of what he wrote.

maybe his book is worth a full read after all.

New gang members told to beat up others is to train guts, in their term is call 练胆, simi LJ to prove commitment? 

Commitment is done through the praying ceremony and the swearing to their deity. 

If you dont know, dont talk cock!!!

Also, if you dont understand the meaning of Prime Minister and Acting Prime Minister, go check it out before you shoot. 

Dont spread fake news. 

you are becoming one of those cantankerous old man sitting at coffee shop.. pull yourself together, this is pathetic.

↡ Advertisement