SG new PM

Krieger

whoever become PM ... do good for the people is good PM ....

if do good only for their own Party , then bad PM. 

Only hope this Heng can be better than the clown now. 

hes the designated successor, what do you feel is the implication of removing him then?

anyway, you may have missed out below.

quote: 

Even when Mr Goh became PM in 1990, he knew Mr Lee could always remove him if he wanted to. This was  because Mr Lee was still secretary-general of the People’s Action Party.

“He told me that normally it is the secretary-general who becomes the Prime Minister. I am handing over to you, but would it be all right if he stayed on as secretary-general? So what does that tell you? He’s not sure if I might change or could succeed…You know my style, and I said yes.” end quote.

the issue here is not really LKY, he is what he is, no point denying as he would have it no other way, hes always been upfront. GCT is probably already being tactful. Inability to see beyond lky will cloud ones ability to see the big picture clearly. To be too emotionally attached or identified to any politician is never good,,,, not saying you are.

The problem is the system and the main actors. That for those who feel Singapore needs change, even if mr heng (best choice so far) becomes PM, its not over cos he can still be changed, unless you think GCT is nuts in writing what, think, just think of the implications of what he wrote.

maybe his book is worth a full read after all.

How old are you?

I was replying to you saying LKY( while not PM) threaten to remove GCT (then PM), which was not in any official source, and its akin to putting words in a dead man's mouth.

To be accurate, GCT did not reveal this snippet of information. It was shared by Ahmad Mattar. 

I have no further arguments with you, as we have the right to share our opinions, but distorted facts, and fake news, needs to be immediately clarified

At times, we may remember incorrectly, but I will concede if such were to happen, as facts are facts 

Edited by Sturtles
  • Praise 4

How old are you?

I was replying to you saying LKY( while not PM) threaten to remove GCT (then PM), which was not in any official source, and its akin to putting words in a dead man's mouth.

To be accurate, GCT did not reveal this snippet of information. It was shared by Ahmad Mattar.

I have no further arguments with you, as we have the right to share our opinions, but distorted facts, and fake news, needs to be immediately clarified

At times, we may remember incorrectly, but I will concede if such were to happen, as facts are facts

Lky the man is a very emotive subject. We can all agree on that. He fully deserves his credit. Its his legacy system that matters now.

Let's see in time, if heng becomes sec gen pap at the same time as he becomes Singapore pm.

A system (as clearly implied by gct.. a former PM) where Party sec gen post can remove the Singapore pm is .. Let's just say, very uncomfortable.

Probably have to go get gct book to read.. never thought I'd say that.

Oh yeah your question.

I m not young. Not tooooo old.

Age is just a number, I am constantly amazed by young people too, age is just a number.

Edited by Playtime

Lky the man is a very emotive subject. We can all agree on that. He fully deserves his credit. Its his legacy system that matters now.

Let's see in time, if heng becomes sec gen pap at the same time as he becomes Singapore pm.

A system (as clearly implied by gct.. a former PM) where Party sec gen post can remove the Singapore pm is .. Let's just say, very uncomfortable.

Probably have to go get gct book to read.. never thought I'd say that.

Oh yeah your question.

I m not young. Not tooooo old.

Age is just a number, I am constantly amazed by young people too, age is just a number.

Well... there's already precedence as how it was with GCT. Similarly, will LHL take a clean break once HSK becomes PM? Doubt so ... at least for a few years.

And while a brain aneurysm is usually a one off incident ... There will always be some uncertainty in the minds of the people around him.

Well... there's already precedence as how it was with GCT. Similarly, will LHL take a clean break once HSK becomes PM? Doubt so ... at least for a few years.

And while a brain aneurysm is usually a one off incident ... There will always be some uncertainty in the minds of the people around him.

i think we can probably google it..

according to GCT, LKY held on to SecGen for a while after handing over PM to GCT. Clearly, GCT understood and wasnt happy about the systemic implications, but too respectful to make it any more obvious than he already did.

I dont think GCT did the same to LHL? Anyway he probably couldnt with LKY still around.

That MIGHT explain why GCT seems a lil bit tulan about LHL perceived slowness in handing over. 

I got new respect and understanding for GCT after seeing what he wrote... he really aint that bad, being wooden isnt always bad, right in the middle.

Who knows, Perhaps tharman was too smart for such things, he can go anywhere he wants... ai lai mai sua.

Hope HSK wont be treated like another GCT....

you are becoming one of those cantankerous old man sitting at coffee shop.. pull yourself together, this is pathetic.

So, getting personal because facts are stated and you are unable to defence  yourself? 

Any sensible and responsible person would have admitted the mistake and stand corrected, instead you chose to get personal. And when someone corrected the facts, you again choose to side step and talk about LKY as an emotive subject and point finger at a book you clearly have not read to smoke out. A clear sign that you did not confuse the facts and had commented out of a mistake, rather it was done on purpose to spread fake news and confuse readers out of an agenda. 

This is not the first time you have done so, and it speaks much of the character behind the screen. Your credibility here to me is totally discounted, and it would be silly to even take your comments with any serious thoughts. 

路遥知马力,日久见人心。

We will know when the time comes

So, getting personal because facts are stated and you are unable to defence  yourself? 

Any sensible and responsible person would have admitted the mistake and stand corrected, instead you chose to get personal. And when someone corrected the facts, you again choose to side step and talk about LKY as an emotive subject and point finger at a book you clearly have not read to smoke out. A clear sign that you did not confuse the facts and had commented out of a mistake, rather it was done on purpose to spread fake news and confuse readers out of an agenda. 

This is not the first time you have done so, and it speaks much of the character behind the screen. Your credibility here to me is totally discounted, and it would be silly to even take your comments with any serious thoughts. 

chill chill.

• Praise 3

Dude.. u the one who started name calling, not me.

there is life outside the internet, take a chill pill.

Dude.. u the one who started name calling, not me.

there is life outside the internet, take a chill pill.

I said you getting personal, did I mention you name calling me? 

And you now admit that you are calling me names because you feel i started it first? 

Show me what names i called you. 

Get the facts correct first. 

....  I do not like to judge but since LHL in charge.. more and more misery

gets into the system where only the top 20% do not feel it.....sighhhh

• Praise 2

I wonder why you keep on calling them clowns everytime .?? ....well the majority voted for them back then and there is unhappiness now because Singapore has lost its vibrancy and costs too and not very attractive ( but which Country is doing that well in the last 2-3 years ... by the way when elections happen in US .... everyone says the Circus is in town .... so the whole world is ruled by clowns
  • Praise 1

I wonder why you keep on calling them clowns everytime .?? ....well the majority voted for them back then and there is unhappiness now because Singapore has lost its vibrancy and costs too and not very attractive ( but which Country is doing that well in the last 2-3 years ... by the way when elections happen in US .... everyone says the Circus is in town .... so the whole world is ruled by clowns

• Praise 2

It's not about the loss of vibrancy and attractiveness. It is rather of the current bunch being out of touch with the people which already started from the early years staring with their million dollar salaries and 2% increase in GST, and many problems being created and denied again and again for the past 14 years. 

You mentioned about costs, and who are the root problems that partially cause the loss of such vibrancy and attractiveness, with so much unnecessary increases in costs of living, operations, etc? I know the normal global inflation rates are unavoidable, but overly artificial inflations internally because of inefficiency, unnecessary overspending, taxes, etc, is seriously causing such losses. It needs to be stopped. 

Who give these so call clown vote le?

No point keep on calling clown if you are not doing anything about it.

NATO

Who give these so call clown vote le?

No point keep on calling clown if you are not doing anything about it.

NATO

Sorry, I never voted for these people. 

• Praise 2