Drivers who service their car should learn and read up more

carloverguy2017

$10 for aircon filter is dirt cheap.

Wait till you see Cycle & Carriage charge you $80 for air con filter.

And even if your car is spanking new at 10,000km, they recommend you to flush your engine ($80) and chemical clean your aircon ($80) - prices before GST.

Was changing my transmission cable a few years back in the workshop i frequent. When changing, they took out my ac filter and it was all black and asked me to change telling me is 7 dollars. i agreed and they took a new one and popped it back in w/o charging a single cent. Pole light bulb blew, change also FOC. 

Not all drivers treat their rides equally. To some, they are just tools for transport and dont even understand how a combustion engine operates. Why should they read up if they have no interest at all? Everyone has different priorities and we shouldn't judge them by their non professional knowledge. 

I use my hp everyday more than i drive my car. And frankly speaking, i still don't comprehend how the display panel works. Should i be ashamed too? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Engine flush only when your engine already sick and dieing. You need to clear all those clogged stuffs to start new.

No no.. Don't engine flush when engine get clogged up.. It will make things worst.. Go youtube search engine flush and there will have result of many mechanics youtubers explaining why it is not a good idea to engine flush..

YouTube has the answer.. Go watch these videos for explanations why not to engine flush.

This also applies to automatic transmission flush too.. Never to flush automatic transmission if the condition of the transmission is unknown.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

No no.. Don't engine flush when engine get clogged up.. It will make things worst.. Go youtube search engine flush and there will have result of many mechanics youtubers explaining why it is not a good idea to engine flush..

YouTube has the answer.. Go watch these videos for explanations why not to engine flush.

This also applies to automatic transmission flush too.. Never to flush automatic transmission if the condition of the transmission is unknown.

yup i heard about this also.

those owner that alway miss servicing, the oil super black and sticky case,

not advice to flush, might make thing worst,

i wont skip on engine oil (change every 8-10K) and ATF oil (change every 20-30k).

The car run so smooth after changing these two items.

• Praise 3

Cai peng, if order the right food, is healthy and thrifty in the long run. [thumbsup]

My car is due for a 40k servicing soon.

Y

What should I look out for?

every day cai png is very sianz....no doubt its healthy but sometime life needs a bit of 'sinful' delights...

every day cai png is very sianz....no doubt its healthy but sometime life needs a bit of 'sinful' delights...

Edited by DACH

Checked my tyres.

Confirmed need to change since many cracks and peels on the surface.

The tyres AD gave are not good quality but still can last over 2 years.

Waist size not like you so silm 28".

How to be sinful? [laugh]

29" bro...not 28"....dont make me sad ya...

40k km you tell ppl to change serpentine belt and timing belt?

If you open WS pls tell me, i run far far away.... [:/]:wacko:[laugh][laugh]

read properly hor......40k is normal servicing.....50k or 60k then change belt. Mine stared to fray at around 50-60k........very noisy when engine running.

Cai png can have many different variety of dishes le, not say very sian la. Unless you only choose veg and tofu in everyday cai png then really a bit sian. Lol.

Sian?

You know Africa got how many people have no food to eat?

It's stock tyres when I got the car new 2 years back.

U

Hankook tyres made in Indonesia. :XD:

i go jb buy my re003....same price as hankook in sg but mine oni 15"....

Cai png can have many different variety of dishes le, not say very sian la. Unless you only choose veg and tofu in everyday cai png then really a bit sian. Lol.

my favourite is tauge fried with tofu and fried eggs....syiok. If put asam pedas lagi syiok!

read properly hor......40k is normal servicing.....50k or 60k then change belt. Mine stared to fray at around 50-60k........very noisy when engine running.

where got ppl change belts at 50k one? 

standard japanese made usually 80k,  

Last time my optra stated 60k already sibey tulan liao, i always do at 60k all belts still good. Once I did at 70K also boh daiji.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

i wont skip on engine oil (change every 8-10K) and ATF oil (change every 20-30k).

The car run so smooth after changing these two items.

used to DIY change toyota wish ATF every 20k. its a drain and fill, so slightly less than 4l if i remember correctly. the drained fluid was rather clean too.

I guess every 30- 40k is about right. i think i wasted money on 20k changes. haha.

• Praise 1

used to DIY change toyota wish ATF every 20k. its a drain and fill, so slightly less than 4l if i remember correctly. the drained fluid was rather clean too.

I guess every 30- 40k is about right. i think i wasted money on 20k changes. haha.

I think transmission oil too.

Mine already 40k and using CVT.

Think may need to change the transmission oil this time. 

Engine oil and ATF i usually change on time or ahead of schedule

As for the rest of the more general items like battery, spark plugs, etc.... i go by feeling... like if starting of car seems weak, not smooth, or suspension noisy etc

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1