Do You Love MCF? If So, We Need Your Help...

Carbon82

i have the last say. 

REspect is for the dead!

period

your words....strike me like lightings out of a clear blue sky.

words are hard to describe my current feeling and after scouting the WWW,

I got a video that's close to describe my feelings deep inside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68 :XD:  :XD:  :XD:  :XD:  :XD: 

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 7

I didn't even realized this thread was locked, till someone called out to me... (FYI, as a mod, we can still reply in a locked thread, thus did not feel anything amiss)

Anyway, I also take the opportunity to perform some "housekeeping", and hopefully no more nonsense from now. Nurturing a cohesive environment here is the best you can do for your beloved MCF.  [grouphug]

• Praise 9

I didn't even realized this thread was locked, till someone called out to me... (FYI, as a mod, we can still reply in a locked thread, thus did not feel anything amiss)

Anyway, I also take the opportunity to perform some "housekeeping", and hopefully no more nonsense from now. Nurturing a cohesive environment here is the best you can do for your beloved MCF.  [grouphug]

Yes Sir...Against all odds... [thumbsup]

Ahem....... if TS get NTUC vouchers please share hor ..... need to buy some detergents for housekeeping for clean enviro....

ooops back to topic  ..... Ok i be gud boi boi  :a-good:    

• Praise 1

Mods don't qualify for vouchers..otherwise bro Carbon would have been the top voucher winner every round for the past year... his COE threads are the top in SG, JB and some say Batam too...

• Praise 3

I had wanted to raise a question for a long while, but had always decided against asking since it didnt concern me, but since this thread is now unlocked, I thought I may want to share a few points.

Yes, its common to make fun of one another, be it as a friendly joke or an unfriendly attack. But there has to be a limit. 

I admit that I was one of the very few to start a hostile confrontation against @DACH, and i did indirectly took part in the harassment when it started as a joke. But i stayed away not too long after, as I felt it got out of hand. 

It is an art to know when to stop a joke, do it well and it will be remember as a good joke, otherwise it just turn into an annoying meaningless harassment. 

Now, I have long wanted to ask, why has no mod intervened to stop this nonsense all this while? This thing went on for months, and recently it was all over the place in almost every thread. I dont visit many threads and yet every thread i visited I see the same harassment, even on the 1st page of a sponsored thread as early as #8. Yes, even rubbish posted on a sponsored thread and no mod bother to put a stop to it and get back to topic. 

I dont even feel there is a need to start this thread if any mod had step forward earlier and put a stop to this. In my years in MCF ( tho not very long), I have had on a few occasions being separated with other members  by mods ( some no longer here) because of disagreements. And it worked well. 

Mod intervention does not need to start and end with a warning or threatening of a ban, we are all educated adults, as much as we hate to be threaten by the PAP gov, I believe most dont like to be treated the same here. 

All the mods have to do is to step forward, highlight the need to put a stop to it and most of the time it will end peacefully.  whoever the bulldozer refuse to back off will then get to deal with the rules. 

Is that a very difficult task now? I dont know. 

Or mayb because the forum is going into the direction of self regulation and so the mods prefer to stay away from being a mediator and let the members do the policing themselves? If so whats the point of referring us to the rules? who is going to enforce the rules? 

I am bringing it up now since the thread is unlock, as I feel it may be a good open discussion, had it stay locked, I probably wont bother anymore.

Any mods care to share?

• Praise 2

Part 2

I know I am long winded, but getting old is like that. 

I want to share something about @DACH. 

Yes, he needs attention, and I am going to give it to him tonight.  [laugh]

To me he is harmless. Annoying like f**k, but harmless. 

Do I like him? to hell NO.  But do i support of bullying him, well no too. ( Ok I did join in the fun, but enough is enough, lets not go overboard)

He is what he is, he just need the attention and a place to hang out. He needs to be recognize and he doesnt know how and when to back off. But thats his style, we cant change him to suit us. If anyone really cannot tahan him, just leave him alone, dont reply to him and he has no one to talk to. Of course he will still be in every thread and posting single line sentence, and how harmful can that gets? 

Is he really not valuable? Well I dont think so. He has been starting new threads of certain values, many in the car segment which is what a big part of MCF is for. He tried to give some ideas and suggestions in the car maintenance segments too, although most of those I read were useless, but at least he tried. 

His cai png has since disappear, after a long battle trying to highlight to him that it is not the cai png issue, rather a problem of posting the same thing every day. And I think he finally got the thing right. 

some ppl are just slow in reaction and comprehension, some are just living in their own world, it takes all to make up the world. Like him or not is a personal thing, but it doesnt mean we cannot coexist even if we dont like him right? 

I am writing this not because I take side with anyone, no I dont.  But rather i think we need to be just to him as well. 

Having said all this,  I still dont like him (on a personal level) , but I can live with it (on the bigger scale).  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3

I notice your postings are getting more and more politically sound, the words all very smooth like silk, very worrying sign, you preparing for the coming general election?

• Praise 1

Part 2

Yes, he needs attention, and I am going to give it to him tonight. [laugh]

To me he is harmless. Annoying like f**k, but harmless.

Do I like him? to hell NO. But do i support of bullying him, well no too. ( Ok I did join in the fun, but enough is enough, lets not go overboard)

He is what he is, he just need the attention and a place to hang out. He needs to be recognize and he doesnt know how and when to back off. But thats his style, we cant change him to suit us. If anyone really cannot tahan him, just leave him alone, dont reply to him and he has no one to talk to. Of course he will still be in every thread and posting single line sentence, and how harmful can that gets?

Is he really not valuable? Well I dont think so. He has been starting new threads of certain values, many in the car segment which is what a big part of MCF is for. He tried to give some ideas and suggestions in the car maintenance segments too, although most of those I read were useless, but at least he tried.

His cai png has since disappear, after a long battle trying to highlight to him that it is not the cai png issue, rather a problem of posting the same thing every day. And I think he finally got the thing right.

some ppl are just slow in reaction and comprehension, some are just living in their own world, it takes all to make up the world. Like him or not is a personal thing, but it doesnt mean we cannot coexist even if we dont like him right?

I am writing this not because I take side with anyone, no I dont. But rather i think we need to be just to him as well.

Having said all this, I still dont like him (on a personal level) , but I can live with it (on the bigger scale). [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I summarise for you:

Click ignore button is free one.

• Praise 6

Part 2

Yes, he needs attention, and I am going to give it to him tonight.  [laugh]

To me he is harmless. Annoying like f**k, but harmless. 

Do I like him? to hell NO.  But do i support of bullying him, well no too. ( Ok I did join in the fun, but enough is enough, lets not go overboard)

I am writing this not because I take side with anyone, no I dont.  But rather i think we need to be just to him as well. 

Having said all this,  I still dont like him (on a personal level) , but I can live with it (on the bigger scale).  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

wah, you just suan him GAO GAO sia !! hahaha. 

peace out. 

• Praise 1

wah, you just suan him GAO GAO sia !! hahaha.

peace out.

And to add, we’re not here to do SOcial svc and mollycoddle nor sayang such ppl

Just ignore. These are the individuals that would most prolly end up at some foot of the block and it’s their choice to live that way

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3