Car Sales to Slump. Really meh ?

Sdf4786k

So whatâs everyone opinion.. slump or not? May be prices will moderate or it will drive up when go jek comes to the market or if too many people go jobless n loan tighten to avoid loan impairment it will drop.. too many variables in my opinion., but if thatâs the case .. a premium brand like the Merc A class 1.4turbo May be in reach for the price of a corrolla

The only one of the very few industry that will not go into a slump in Singapore is car because the sales volume is controlled by government through COE allocation. As a result , demand is always higher than supply, how to call a demand higher than supply market as slump?

The person as a Anal-yst, as expected, uses his anal to think and talk. Dont forget there is a sizeable amount of cars renwed 5 years coe over the last two years, the coe of these cars will be due by 2021 and the coe will be put back for recycling, thereby adding onnto the coe supply. Therefore, the coe suplly moving forward, while will be lower than now, will not be as low as we have seen during 2011 period.

• Praise 1

Reduce quota also must be smart about it. It’s always quota x price. Reduce too much and the price increase doesn’t cover they also lose.

Also don’t forget that the amount that they collect from a high coe may not be for the full 10years. Many of the 2013 cars are now scrapped after 4-5years and people buy new again. Yes they earn again from gst, customs duty and arf and now VES. But whether this additional sum covers the “lost of the 5years of coe” only they have the figures to calculate.

Thats true. Some of the expensive COE years like 80 to 90 K are also exiting as are the 75K ones.

There are some take up rate for extended COE for more than 20 year old car to continue with another 10.

Only wild card is the Emission test that may kill off the old cars in time to come.

Good point about the garmen not earning the full 10 year worth of high COE premium. I think that's why they must up water price, up GST, up VES, up our A$$..... to compensate!

also need a good amount of cars to keep the economy humming like the car parks and the petrol pumps as well as the road tax and ERP.

I think the usual suspect like mazda and renault still are doing decent sales , not fantastic, but just enough to keep the music running.

What I sense is the music is slowing down. May come to a stop like the subprime era, but right now, it does seems like a good period to buy. Yet, many who once talk big, IF COE drop, I will be the first to buy has soon forgotten what they have mention and not just compare prices against other cars and not found a 50K car with COE that they dream of owning.

Sad truth.

Other countries making fun of us, HUHHHH???? Cars only for 10years lease rent license...

goes both ways, buying lotus company but can only put decal on lotus tune cars without the remote semblance of what is a Lotus car actually like.

↡ Advertisement